• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bannon fired / resigns; friends report plans to go to "war for WH"

pushbyte

Neo Member
Although I'll gladly welcome Bannon out of the White House, this is hardly a victory (if true). First, many elements of the GOP will say it's a repudiation of the white nationalist movement by the administration and that we can move beyond Charlottesville. Second, Bannon outside of the White House means he's free to aggressively push forward with Breitbart in a way that he's been unable to do since having an official WH job.

Surfinn

tV23Fp1_d.jpg

Lmao

Ithil

I mean, isn't Kelly more responsible for this mess? He was supposed to bring order to White House. Seems like Trump walked all over him with his freewheeling press conference and those ridiculous tweets. Bannon needs to go, but he's not responsible for Trump watching Fox News and repeating White Supremacists talking points.

I think Trump being a uncontrollable simple minded bigoted manbaby is his own fault.

Zolo

I think Trump being a uncontrollable simple minded bigoted manbaby is his own fault.

Yeah. You could have the best lawyers and the managers in the world, and it wouldn't matter. It's why they stay away despite him being president.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Making Breitbart turn on Trump is a good thing. Just let the racist nutjobs eat themselves.

I mean, isn't Kelly more responsible for this mess? He was supposed to bring order to White House. Seems like Trump walked all over him with his freewheeling press conference and those ridiculous tweets. Bannon needs to go, but he's not responsible for Trump watching Fox News and repeating White Supremacists talking points.
A 4 star general couldn't rein trump in. Tywin lannister, he ain't.

But what was he supposed to do, bend trump over his knee and spank him?

Lev

Let's say that Trump fires Bannon. What's the worst that Bannon can do? Air dirty laundry? How much worst could Bannon expose with how badly things have been going? If Breitbart attacks Trump, what does it matter? Trump will just call them fake news like they actually are.

sflufan

Banned
Let's say that Trump fires Bannon. What's the worst that Bannon can do? Air dirty laundry? How much worst could Bannon expose with how badly things have been going? If Breitbart attacks Trump, what does it matter? Trump will just call them fake news like they actually are.

Bannon will be free from any constraints that he currently has in the White House from fully promoting his economic nationalist/ethno-centrist agenda. He won't turn on Trump at all but will rather leak everything about McMaster, Cohn, Kushner, and the other "globalists" who he despises and he'll frame it as that these are the people who are preventing Trump from doing what he wants to do.

If anything, Bannon becomes MORE dangerous outside of the White House than in it.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.

Nah, it doesn't matter who is in the job. It's already a very difficult job under a "normal" president. It's a million times more difficult with a rouge mentally unstable man child behind the desk. His presidency will always be a uncontrollable dumpster fire. Even with the best fire fighters standing in front of it the fire will rage on and a new dumpster lit aflame every week.

Dumbass Don's problem his him not his staff. It's not fixable.

Slayven

Bannon will be free from any constraints that he currently has in the White House from fully promoting his economic nationalist/ethno-centrist agenda. He won't turn on Trump at all but will rather leak everything about McMaster, Cohn, Kushner, and the other "globalists" who he despises and he'll frame it as that these are the people who are preventing Trump from doing what he wants to do.

If anything, Bannon becomes MORE dangerous outside of the White House than in it.

Right now he is kinda working with the GOP, outside he can go at the GOP cause he already hates Ryan and Turtleman. So I think it becomes more letthemfight.jpg

ApharmdX

Banned
I despise Steve Bannon but is this really wise on Trump's end? He is under fire from the "moderate" wing of the party already- Romney, McCain, Kasich, Rubio have all denounced him or his ideas this week. Without Bannon Trump loses his alt-right and far-right base. And Breitbart has dipped their toes in the water already with anti-Trump stories. Expect a full-on assault on the administration once Bannon gets shitcanned.

I'd bet dollars to donuts that Bannon's publicity is what's grinding Trump's gears the most. Every time Trump is asked about him, he makes a point to mention that Bannon was brought on late. Whatever the pretense, firing that fat dick is good for the country. Watching the far right begin to turn on Trump will be a nice bonus too.

Yeah, it seems like Bannon's high profile and also the accusations that he controls Trump like a puppet have brought him here. It isn't his white nationalism or antisemitism or racism. Trump was fine with all of that.

Top Bottom