• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bannon fired / resigns; friends report plans to go to "war for WH"

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
jaboukie-young-white-atjaboukie-steve-bannon-looks-like-thee-confederate-statue-they-torn-down-was-his-second-to-last-horcrux-nfvar.jpg

Dude always looks like he's straight out of Cabin Fever.

Linkura

I despise Steve Bannon but is this really wise on Trump's end? He is under fire from the "moderate" wing of the party already- Romney, McCain, Kasich, Rubio have all denounced him or his ideas this week. Without Bannon Trump loses his alt-right and far-right base. And Breitbart has dipped their toes in the water already with anti-Trump stories. Expect a full-on assault on the administration once Bannon gets shitcanned.

Yeah, it seems like Bannon's high profile and also the accusations that he controls Trump like a puppet have brought him here. It isn't his white nationalism or antisemitism or racism. Trump was fine with all of that.

I don't think Trump is just magically going to stop being a Nazi if Bannon is fired. He's in too deep at this point.

Firing these guys won't matter. He will still talk to them daily on his personal cell phone and Miller will still be writing policy.

ApharmdX

Banned
I don't think Trump is just magically going to stop being a Nazi if Bannon is fired. He's in too deep at this point.

No, I agree, and that's what I'm saying. Trump was fine with Bannon's Eurocentric views and fascism; that's why he brought him onto the campaign. It's the attention that Bannon gets and the press's framing of the man as being the puppetmaster of the administration that's cost him. Trump definitely isn't going to stop being a fascist after ousting Bannon.

Bannon, Miller, and Sessions would be the best three to go. Aside from Trump of course, but things would at least improve a little without them.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
I thought Trump was all about loyalty. I can't stand the guy, but he DID drag Trumps idiotic ass across the finish line and help him win the election. For a guy that prides himself on loyalty and keeping his allies close, he'd be a moron to fire Bannon.

Plus, wouldn't you rather have Bannon next to you in the White House rather than pissed off and back in control of Breitbart?

Either way it'd be a dumb move.

Boke1879

We shall see if he truly gets fired.

Also if Trump actually fires him it'll be interesting to see if any hit pieces from far right blogs and such go after Trump.

I thought Trump was all about loyalty. I can't stand the guy, but he DID drag Trumps idiotic ass across the finish line and help him win the election. For a guy that prides himself on loyalty and keeping his allies close, he'd be a moron to fire Bannon.

he's way past this point. I think it's pretty clear to all the major players at this point that his obsession with loyalty only goes one way.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
he's way past this point. I think it's pretty clear to all the major players at this point that his obsession with loyalty only goes one way.
Trump is a real-life version of that guy in every bad horror movie who pushes his wife towards the zombie horde before trying to escape on his own.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Trump is a real-life version of that guy in every bad horror movie who pushes his wife towards the zombie horde before trying to escape on his own.

I'm not racist. Bannon made me be racist. Now he's gone I'm not racist.

Yamauchi

Banned
This 'leaking' bunk is so Stalinesque. Just something to keep people fighting each other rather than Trump, and something he can use to fire anyone. And I do hope Bannon is history.

Jakoo

drudge homepage is reporting that Gannon is out

Wow. As much as I want to believe that this is the end of Bannon's relevance, what is more likely that Bannon will slowly start denouncing Trump as a globalist-in-disguise and come back with his Breitbart bullshit peddling even stronger then before.

Top Bottom