• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Basement Crawl (PS4) Delayed Due to 'Exciting Opportunities'

it's pretty shitty the ID@xbox parity clause thing faded away without any resolution. did MS get away with it?
This was their policy for all XLBA games on the 360, with only a handful exceptions. It's just Microsoft being Microsoft. Time will tell if their position remains strong enough for most devs to toe the line.

"We’ll be able to announce more details in the days and weeks to come.”

Weeks? Holy shit. No offense but TODAY is the perfect time to release the game. Do they know how PACKED spring is? I bet it's going to be a free PS+ title in March. That's all I can think of and will be a bold move for their game. Any other reason to delay is going to be bad.

PBY

Banned

Holy shit. No offense but TODAY is the perfect time to release the game. Do they know how PACKED spring is? I bet it's going to be a free PS+ title in March. That's all I can think of.
Yup. I've been buying anything that goes up on PSN. ANYTHING.

BeeDog

As mentioned, probably a PS+ deal and/or dev support from Sony's teams (i.e. Sony Santa Monica who has a knack for helping out smaller devs).

Weeks? Holy shit. No offense but TODAY is the perfect time to release the game. Do they know how PACKED spring is? I bet it's going to be a free PS+ title in March. That's all I can think of and will be a bold move for their game. Any other reason to delay is going to be bad.

SE picked a very good time to release tomb raider.

zod18

Banned

Exactly, there's no better time to release such a game. Especially such small PSN games (with local multiplayer) are missing on PS4 right now. I'd say that was a pretty dumb decision but who knows what they are cooking.

Yup. I've been buying anything that goes up on PSN. ANYTHING.
Speaking of, has anyone tried Super Mother Lode? I wonder how that is.

I can recommend Trine 2 to anyone, especially if you have a 3D TV (but even if you don't). Beautiful game and a ton of fun, fairly lengthy too with the expansion that comes with it.

Hi guys, I'm the quoted ITT marketing manager from Bloober. I want to answer some of the questions or rather clarify some things.
1. It has nothing to do with Microsoft.
2. The game will be out Q1 2014.
3. There are two partners involved.
That's pretty much all I can say. I could go full CBOAT here, but noone would find my body after that. You can expect one new announcement next week, most likely, but not 100% sure.
BTW I'd really appreciate if someone activated our official account here. :p

Speevy

Banned
I've been monitoring this game's release date on the PS4 as it slipped further and further away with each week.

I'll catch it one of these days.

gruenel

Hi guys, I'm the quoted ITT marketing manager from Bloober. I want to answer some of the questions or rather clarify some things.
That's pretty much all I can say. I could go full CBOAT here, but noone would find my body after that. You can expect one new announcement next week, most likely, but not 100% sure.

Thanks for the clarification, much appreciated.

Copenap

EverythingWentBetterThanExpected.jpg

Glad it's still out in Q1, the trailer I've seen so far was looking interesting.

S¡mon

Banned
Sony VR? whats this about?
Sony is rumoured to introduce a PlayStation 4 Virtual Reality Headset somewhere later this year.

If the rumours are correct, it's been developed entirely seperately from their current HMZ-headset line-up and it's been longer in development than the Oculus Rift. Reportedly, they are also targeting an 'affordable' price point (e.g. not $999+ like their HMZ-headsets).

Awesome. Thanks for clarifying/allowing us to take off our tinfoil hats.

Pretty funny how random news from a PS exclusive can spiral out and make MS look bad

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Can this be explained further?

I'm afraid I'm not familiar with this particular clause. :/
It's in regards to self publishing:

You either:
Release the game on Xbox first
Release the game on Xbox day and date with PS4

You cannot self publish if either of those two conditions aren't met.

Nice to see some confirmation that it's not affecting this game.

Carl

Thank you for that!

tensuke

Good deal, thanks MarcAutomatic. Stay safe!

Good! Not sure about it being a PS+ free game, I could see Sony being one of the partners I guess but wouldn't know about the second. Guess I'll just wait for the news!

edit: damn you changed your post. :p

Tapejara

Really excited to see what Bloober's working on. Basement Crawl's horror theme really strikes a chord with me. Hopefully we'll hear about the release date soon.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Purchased by Nintendo and releasing alongside the vitality sensor.

I am going to bed now, but I'll check the thread tomorrow. Feel free to leave any questions you have, I'll answer tomorrow morning if I can ;)

Thanks for taking the time to clarify things. Looking forward to next week's announcement and playing the game itself.

Top Bottom