• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Basement Crawl (PS4) Delayed Due to 'Exciting Opportunities'

Amir0x

Banned
I am going to bed now, but I'll check the thread tomorrow. Feel free to leave any questions you have, I'll answer tomorrow morning if I can ;)

Question ->

1. Is any of this 'partnership' stuff going to lead to changes in the game's design or content we receive? Be as vague as possible if need be :p

2. Will you be possibly having a PS+ deal down the line, or have you had any discussions about that? I'm pretty sure you couldn't answer that, but I'd give it a wild shot just-in-case!

3. About the game itself, how do you think the actual gameplay will reflect the odd creepy horror aesthetic and thematics of the trailer we've all seen?

4. Will we get a Vita version?

Question ->

1. Is any of this 'partnership' stuff going to lead to changes in the game's design or content we receive? Be as vague as possible if need be :p

2. Will you be possibly having a PS+ deal down the line, or have you had any discussions about that? I'm pretty sure you couldn't answer that, but I'd give it a wild shot just-in-case!

3. About the game itself, how do you think the actual gameplay will reflect the odd creepy horror aesthetic and thematics of the trailer we've all seen?

4. Will we get a Vita version?

1. Yes. Game will be better, than it is right now. We also gathered some feedback from media and the delay will also allow us to change some things in Basement Crawl (nothing major, little tweaks).
2. No comment.
3. Yes. It bloody, messy and little girls scream when you kill them.
4. Never say never.

tensuke

Ah, that's it

But it doesn't sound like it's a port from this though

" [...] several exciting opportunities to partner with major industry players to enhance, refine and add-to the game arose"

Enhance->use vita-specific controls in a unique way
Refine->slightly modify ui/controls to work on vita (may use touchscreen and/or back touchpad), optimize for vita, etc.
Add-to->add a vita version in addition to ps4, possibly include cross-buy

But I think maybe they'll add a Bomberman character skin or something, that would be neat. :)

edit: D'arvit! Well I'll definitely hazard a guess on PS+, not so sure about a vita port...

Speevy

Banned
Do you guys think your story trailer for this game leads people to think it's a different kind of game than it is?

Do you guys think your story trailer for this game leads people to think it's a different kind of game than it is?
In some cases, yes, it does. The purpose of story trailer was to introduce the mood of the game and characters. However, from the very begining we were clear about Basement Crawl and it's gameplay, like in the very first PS Blog post about BC and it was months before the trailer. It was never our intention to make anyone think our game was anything different than it actually is.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Two Partners. Sony and Konami
I wish
Why would anyone want Konami next to anything after the Skullgirls debacle?
So the conclusion jumping to 'forced parity = no buy' was unwarranted.
It was a logical assumption using the limited information we had. Partners, delays. It all fit together. Someone said MS got away with it, we had that blowout and it raised awareness, the conclusion is that it's not a battle for us consumers to fight. It's on the indie developers have to do themselves. Wish them luck, express your opinion, and support indie devs on platforms that have policies you like.

In terms of IGC in March, I have Octodad and Basement Crawl at the top of the possibilities list.

I was always unlikely to buy this game as it stood, but I'll be re-evaluating when we get more information on what's happening. And I was getting kind of worried, there has been no press leading up to this.

I was always unlikely to buy this game as it stood, but I'll be re-evaluating when we get more information on what's happening. And I was getting kind of worried, there has been no press leading up to this.

we only just got some gameplay in the last few days. couple that with the speculation that it was going to be released either on the 28th or 4th and you have a valid concern.

TTSupra

Banned
Marc, I may have missed this somewhere but will Basement Crawl have online rating like system that might par you up agaisnt an equally skilled player? And possible que up as a group for 2v2, 3v3, ect?

Maybe something similar in strategy based games(ex. Starcraft)?

Wouldn't they make much more money if they do PS+?

How did games like Resogun, Don't Starve, and Outlast debut on PS+?

Anyways, I like what I see from the game, but I'm pretty concerned that the dark art direction will make it a little too hard to track, compared to something like Bomberman.

AznSniper

It looks like they will focus on the PlayStation platforms. They apparently have another PS4 project in progress.

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2014...he_studio_behind_ps4_exclusive_basement_crawl

PS: What's next for you as a developer? Are you working on any more PS4 or Vita games? Can you give us a hint at what we should expect?

AC: We have another PS4 project in progress and several prototypes in the works. We have some pretty nice ideas that we want to develop, but I can’t really say anything more right now.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
The gameplay looks pretty decent, but boy, that's a weird choice of aesthetics considering the roots of the gameplay. "Gather the family around for some good old Bomberman style local multiplayer goodness, featuring psychopathic clowns and an M rating."

Of course, I'm buying it anyway, because the PS4 is starved for local multiplayer. What traps do you have besides bombs in this game?

Top Bottom