• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Baten Kaitos Origins - $19.99 @amazon (Now you have no excuse to NOT get it!)

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
*acts surprised*

I can't believe Nintendo actually went through with publishing it. Not knocking the actual game, it's just that, y'know, you could find the first one for $10 not long after it was released.

TehOh

I paid $40 for it and I still haven't had time to even open the shrinkwrap. Now I kinda wish that I waited.

Oh well, I'm sure it was worth the $40 anyways.

I still need to get the first one. I put it down as an idea for my secret santa, so I'll wait a little longer. I will, however, go ahead and place an order for this one right now.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Hmm, they also have Children of Mana for $15... doesnt that seem really cheap too?

Is it worth it?

Duderz

Banned
TehOh said:
I paid $40 for it and I still haven't had time to even open the shrinkwrap. Now I kinda wish that I waited.

Same.

Dammit.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
I'd get this if Zelda wasn't incoming. But truth is, this will be $20 in brick and mortar in a couple weeks down the line and I can save on shipping.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Anyone with a GC and/or a Wii has no excuse to not buy Baten Kaitos and Baten Kaitos Origins.

For the love of god, they cost like 30-40 dollars combined!

GaimeGuy

infiniteloop said:
Children of Mana and Magical Starsign for $15.

I would get BKO, but I still have the first one shrinkwrapped :(
Buy BKO and play it after you get around to playing BK. I don't think BKO will be easy to find for long...

Jefklak

EUR version ever coming out? I hope so. really enjoyed baten kaitos, for a change
by the way, amazon.com does NOT ship to europe. bastards.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
There.

I got BKO and Children of Mana (free shipping) for $34.

Can't really call that a bad deal.

Danj

Jefklak said:
by the way, amazon.com does NOT ship games, electronics or toys to europe. bastards.

Fixed. Amazon.com does ship stuff like DVDs, books and music CDs to Europe.

Reikon

TehOh said:

Me too, but then I have a ton of games like that. My backlog is HUGE.

Danj

GaimeGuy said:
Import the game, then, from another site?

There's a few problems with this idea:

1. I don't own a Gamecube, and with the Wii coming out tomorrow it would be stupid to spend £80 ($156.80) plus whatever a memory card costs to get one. Assuming I had £80, which I don't.
2. Other stores aren't likely to have this awesomely low price for BKO.

Alex

Magical Starsign at $14.99 already, I don't think I've ever seen a portable game drop that fast in price. Obviously publishing it over Earthbound was a good idea.

Danj

Beezy said:
Then why the hell are you in this thread?

Not owning a Gamecube doesn't necessarily imply lack of interest in Gamecube games. He might have/be getting a Wii. I'm planning on getting a Wii eventually, but unless I get a job it's not happening.

This is clearly the best game on GC besides BK I and TOS. Support this game so we all can get the 3rd sqeuel please. :D

And also, it can be played on Wii console too. Don't forget!

Now that is tempting. I couldn't get through the first Baten Kaitos - too many 'little' problems added up over time - but I really wanted to like it. I heard this one addressed a lot of my complaints...at twenty bucks I might have to give it a shot...

Yazan

Living in Sweden, would some fellow Gafer buy it for me? You will of course get money, the shipping costs and some extra dollars.

ShinNL

YesAsia Order Details

Order Date (HKT): 12/4/2006 8:47:57 AM

Item: Baten Kaitos Origins (US Version)
Qty.: 1
Shipment Unit: 1
Unit Price (US$): $44.99
Total (US$): $44.99
Status(*): Searching from Suppliers

I am cry :(

GaimeGuy

Soneet said:
YesAsia Order Details

Order Date (HKT): 12/4/2006 8:47:57 AM

Item: Baten Kaitos Origins (US Version)
Qty.: 1
Shipment Unit: 1
Unit Price (US$): $44.99
Total (US$): $44.99
Status(*): Searching from Suppliers

I am cry :(
45 dollars for one of the best games made for the DC/PS2/GC/Xbox generation of consoles = You are yay, not you am cry.

Sagitario

I bought the game for $40 on black friday (I went to USA), I haven't opened yet... I don't regret buying it for $40, since this game bombed... :(

Top Bottom