• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman 1989 fan game looks awesome

Wow very nice.

At least we have Woke Knights coming soon.
giphy.gif

I forgot that was coming.

giphy.gif

Surprisingly impressive for what's there and what it is. Nailed that art gallery/bank from Batman 1989. Very VERY cool.

giphy.gif
lol don't get me wrong, this has my favorite version of Gotham City and and the artist achieved a faithful recreation. All it's missing is Bob.. and Vicki Vale!

Paasei

It's the first Unreal engine fan made game/replica/whatever that doesn't only look quite pretty, but also has a soul. Well done.

FunkMiller

Congrats to the creator(s?), this looks miles better than the shitty reveal of Batman Gotham Knights.

Absolutely convinced that Gotham Knights is going to be garbage. I think the same thing about Suicide Squad. Both games seemingly designed to fulfil some bullshit live service, cooperative wankfuckery, instead of trying to create a fully realised single player experience like the Arkham games.

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
Absolutely convinced that Gotham Knights is going to be garbage. I think the same thing about Suicide Squad. Both games seemingly designed to fulfil some bullshit live service, cooperative wankfuckery, instead of trying to create a fully realised single player experience like the Arkham games.

I hate all this "assembly of heroes" garbage in the context of Batman. His whole franchise is about going into the night alone, perhaps occasionally having Robin meet up for the battle but otherwise flying solo into danger. I don't want Justice League / Avengers / crowds of people in spandex all playing hero.

Gp1

No suicide penguins nor Michele Pfeiffer cat woman not my Batma!

I want the 1992 fan game

Last edited:
Meh. Wake me when there’s a Batman 1966 Sandbox title from Rocksteady. That’s a damn golden missed opportunity for comedic Batman fun right there.

Seriously, this looks great, but someone’s gotta hustle before Jack Nicholson can’t even do voice overs (unless you settle for the movie audio).

VulcanRaven

Meh. Wake me when there’s a Batman 1966 Sandbox title from Rocksteady. That’s a damn golden missed opportunity for comedic Batman fun right there.

Seriously, this looks great, but someone’s gotta hustle before Jack Nicholson can’t even do voice overs (unless you settle for the movie audio).
I'm sure a real game based on Burton's movies would be set after Batman Returns if it was ever made. They would need Keaton and Pfeiffer. Also maybe Billy Dee Williams as Two-Face.

Last edited:

iJudged

Banned
It's impressive, but this isn't a game. Someone just modeled buildings from the movie and threw them in a map.
Right, but what game tho? The game they have created from the ground up/scratch, and then you model buildings, objects, and other stuff you want in the game, it's how it works. I bet the hardest part was getting batman and bat mobile just right, as well as animation, Joker doesn't look to shabby either.

Larxia

Lol Warner got the video removed. I don't think that video had music from the movies and the 3D models were made by fans.

Someone else uploaded it too:

I just noticed this as well when I was talking about it to a friend and wanted to show it to him, and the links were down...

Seriously wtf? Even the video and the "game" menu itself explicitly say that this isn't a commercial / official product and won't be released as an executable game, it's just an artwork video.
So where is the line then? Why is this not allowed but fan arts, cosplays, drawings etc are allowed?

As someone who learn unreal engine and thought about recreating some environments from different existing stuff, I find it sad and frustrating that you can't do that even if you don't actually release any "game". It seems like it's a blurry subjects and it's forbidden as soon as it get close to the video game media, even if it's not actually a game, because I don't see why you can't recreate a 3D interactive environment like this, but you can post other type of 3D or 2D arts with no problems, it's weird.

I don't know, I just find this extremely frustrating.

Last edited:

VulcanRaven

I just noticed this as well when I was talking about it to a friend and wanted to show it to him, and the links were down...

Seriously wtf? Even the video and the "game" menu itself explicitly say that this isn't a commercial / official product and won't be released as an executable game, it's just an artwork video.
So where is the line then? Why is this not allowed but fan arts, cosplays, drawings etc are allowed?

As someone who learn unreal engine and thought about recreating some environments from different existing stuff, I find it sad and frustrating that you can't do that even if you don't actually release any "game". It seems like it's a blurry subjects and it's forbidden as soon as it get close to the video game media, even if it's not actually a game, because I don't see why you can't recreate a 3D interactive environment like this, but you can post other type of 3D or 2D arts with no problems, it's weird.

I don't know, I just find this extremely frustrating.
Yeah this is basically fan art. Only thing from the movie in that video is one voice line and I think that is fair use.

Last edited:
Top Bottom