• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Anime Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Pretty damed underwhelming. I'd say it's worth watching once, and there's glimmers of promise here and there, but there was nothing about it as a whole that makes me want to watch it again. It was great hearing Conroy playing Bats again, but he had no decent material to work with. Doesn't hold a candle to the 90's TAS stuff.

tedtropy said:
Pretty damed underwhelming. I'd say it's worth watching once, and there's glimmers of promise here and there, but there was nothing about it as a whole that makes me want to watch it again. It was great hearing Conroy playing Bats again, but he had no decent material to work with. Doesn't hold a candle to the 90's TAS stuff.

I feel basically the same, was expecting much more than what I got.

Jonsoncao

Banned
tedtropy said:
same

watched Animatrix again and again

this just not THAT attractive, but still ok i think

x Maiku x

Why is everyone comparing this to TAS or TDK? It's a fresh take on Batman. I loved it. Great art, nice stories. Watch it in Japanese, it feels much more natural and it adds to experience.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
x Maiku x said:
Why is everyone comparing this to TAS or TDK? It's a fresh take on Batman. I loved it. Great art, nice stories. Watch it in Japanese, it feels much more natural and it adds to experience.

Because one was good while this was just...mediocre?

:lol at the idea that watching this with a Japanese dub just because of the drawing style makes it more "authentic". The voice acting here is fine. The only reason to put up with subtitles while watching actual anime is if the VO work is terrible or if you just demand 100% literal translation.

Just saw it...was I the only one disappointed by the part of "Have I got a story for you" when the bad guy is sneaking up on Batman and he didn't get a swift back fist to the face? If there's one thing about Timverse bats I'll never forget, it's the :lol s that came from everytime that happpened.

Shockgamer said:
Just saw it...was I the only one disappointed by the part of "Have I got a story for you" when the bad guy is sneaking up on Batman and he didn't get a swift back fist to the face? If there's one thing about Timverse bats I'll never forget, it's the :lol s that came from everytime that happpened.

This. It was so lame having some kid save Batman. Especially this Begins-inspired Batman who is supposed to be a ninja.

I liked it a lot.

I watched it twice. The first time, I felt a little underwhelmed by it, as I wasn't paying 'full' attention.

However, the second time I saw it it really trapped me in, and I came out really enjoying myself. There is some great animation in here.

It's definitely not perfect, and I definitely didn't care for the section where Bruce Wayne looked like a generic anime boy....'Field Test', I think it was. There's nothing I hate more than anime cliches. I also didn't like how 'Working Through Pain' had a lot of slow moments. In fact, it fell into the same trap a lot of good looking anime falls into - it doesn't move a whole lot. A lot of still shots, mouths moving and nothing else. That kind of thing. But that was not the case with every short.

I really, really loved the 'Deadshot' short, though. I wish they'd do more Batman with this animation style. I thought it was very faithful to the comics. And the camera angles and intensity of the action was extremely well-done. I read a lot of people complaining about 'Crossfire'. I'd have to disagree that the animation and designs were bad, as I thought they were rather good. It turned out to be among my favorite segments.

Overall, the video is nowhere near the quality of Batman: TAS, obviously. But it's fine. I don't ever expect anything to meet those standards.

I'll give this video the only grade I can really give anything: 'Would I watch it again?' - Undoubtebly yes.

And so, there you have it. I enjoyed it, and it was well worth my time.

Dead

well not really...yet
I'm watching this at the moment and it's such a disappointment

The 2nd and 3rd shorts were downright terrible with absolutely awful animation

The rest are downright boring and uninteresting. Though I haven't watched the last one yet.

This is nowhere even CLOSE to the Animatrix. It doesn't work as a complement to the movies and it doesn't even work as individual entertainment.

The voice acting (English) is also really awkward and generally not good. Including Conroy. Sounds like stilted dialogue from a bad videogame (or animu obviously)

You people, this was pretty amazing! I would have liked it better if the Japanese studios had free reigns over the script but overall I'm impressed. Field Test was awful though, and Conroy didn't fit in for some reason, they could have used Cisto again.

jtardiou

Banned
Just watched this, I can't get past the awful voice acting.. WHAT WENT WRONG

Overall it was OK. uncomparable to animatrix :<

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
jtardiou said:
Just watched this, I can't get past the awful voice acting.. WHAT WENT WRONG

Overall it was OK. uncomparable to animatrix :<

I watched it this past weekend, and I have to say, overall it just felt very blah. Some of the voice acting was iffy, but that didn't bother me as much as the stories. They were half told or things were left hanging in a way that was unsatisfying (to me).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom