• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham City | GOTY Trailer [Harley Quinn's Revenge DLC May 29, PC/Eur. later]

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Update 2:

Warner Bros. wrote:

The Harley Quinn's Revenge mission sends players back into Arkham City to face their final challenge as they interchange between playing as both Batman and Robin. Gamers must utilize each of the characters' unique combat and investigative skills to uncover Harley's vengeful plan and shut the gates on the urban mega-prison forever. In addition to experiencing a new storyline, fans can explore new environments and face-off against Harley's all new gang of thugs.

The final chapter in Batman: Arkham City that adds more than two hours of original gameplay to the critically-acclaimed interactive title.

Update 1:

September for Europe.

PR:
April 23, 2012 –Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and DC Entertainment today announced Batman: Arkham City Game of the Year Edition. The expanded version of the award-winning blockbuster videogame developed by Rocksteady Studios is scheduled for release in North America starting May 29, and in Europe, Australia and other global territories in September, for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation3 computer entertainment system.

PC version is september worldwide, too. So that's why it isn't in the may 29 trailer.

italian PR.
Questa ricchissima versione del pluripremiato videogioco sviluppato da Rocksteady Studios arriverà in Nord America America il 29 maggio e in Europa, Australia e negli altri territori a settembre per Xbox 360® video game ed entertainment system di Microsoft e PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system. La versione Windows PC sarà disponibile in tutto il mondo a settembre.

444444444444444unfy5.png

72921_397458173620014_140262999339534_1198375_1054470418_n.jpg

Rocksteady Studios have just announced the Game of the Year Edition of the award winning Batman: Arkham City. Includes Catwoman DLC, Nightwing, Robin, Arkham City Skin pack, Challenge Pack, Batman: Year One Movie, and finally, introducing the FINAL Chapter; Harley Quinn's Revenge Expansion Pack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m7aOkmr7T8

555555555555563foj.png

6666666666666k3ce8.png

Oh boy, dat cover :lol

SykoTech

Being cheap and patient pays off. Glad I waited. :)

I hope FFXIII-2 gets a complete edition as well, because there's no way I'm gonna buy all that DLC otherwise.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
They're kidding, right?

Were they trying to top Arkham Asylum's GotY cover? 'Cause they did it.

RPGCrazied

Final chapter? Seems like they aren't going to do more of these story DLC's. The rest is just challenge maps and character skins. Look at that cover! Wow, of course they are going with sucky box art to begin with.

Holy shit at that boxart. I made a GOTY edition joke mockup a few months ago and aside from the font color, it seems I wasn't that far off.

EDIT: http://i54.************/xn51kj.jpg Seems tiny pic.com (no space) is banned now, but if you paste it in there in place of the ***'s you'll see it. But yeah, I should have focused more on review quotes than content; I would've been spot on.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Absolutely loved Asylum...one of my favorite games this gen.

But for some reason City did absolutely nothing for me. I stopped playing a few hours in for no real reason and haven't gone back since. *scratches head*

Pyccko

jesus mary mother of god that cover is beyond ridiculous
Do you think they purposely tried to outdo the AA cover?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Ahahaha. That boxart is atrocious. When is Harley's Revenge out for those of us that already have the game?

SykoTech

Trying not to look at too much of the trailer just in case it's too spoiler-y, but it looks like all the character DLC and pre-order skins are in. Score!

I see they still haven't learned how to make good GotY boxart though. Goodness.

But for some reason City did absolutely nothing for me. I stopped playing a few hours in for no real reason and haven't gone back since. *scratches head*

I blame it on the open city. Batman's story is best suited in a linear game.

M.D

Being cheap and patient pays off. Glad I waited. :)

I hope FFXIII-2 gets a complete edition as well, because there's no way I'm gonna buy all that DLC otherwise.

Sort of.

It sucks that you have to play by yourself, and that the community & discussion around the game are usually dead. This sucks even more when you talk about online centric games.

What's the price on these editions?

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.

it severely lacks the Metroidvania in 3D feel that Asylums more intimate interconnected environments delivered, but its still a good action adventure game beyond a slow start.

I assume the Harley Quinn's Revenge stuff will also be DLC rather than having to buy the game... again..

udivision

Sort of.

It sucks that you have to play by yourself, and that the community & discussion around the game are usually dead. This sucks even more when you talk about online centric games.

What's the price on these editions?

And people are gonna care less about spoiling games that have been out for longer.

Sendou

First box art to make me laugh for a while... Seriously there is a limit on how much text you can put on a cover until it becomes ineffective even from a marketing point of view. And it looks absolutely ridiculous.

Plasma

Banned
Will be picking this up on Steam once it goes on sale, got the original on the 360 and have been holding off buying the DLC because it was inevitable they'd wrap it up into one package eventually.

EDIT: Or maybe not, no GFWL logo, hopefully they just forgot to put it on there.

RPGCrazied

Thank god I have the original release/cover, clutter free. I have no desire in challenge maps, since it adds 0 to the story. I'm almost positive they will release the Harley episode by itself, they would be pretty stupid to not sell it on its own. I'm guessing $9.99.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
What the fuck, I was expecting some episodes, not just a single DLC expansion. I wanted more content to ease the pain of waiting for a sequel :(

I'm super hyped for this stuff though.

Man watching that trailer brought up so many great memories of playing through that game.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I'm so fucking hyped for this. I'm about to pass out.

STORY DLC !!

Kinyou

What the fuck, I was expecting some episodes, not just a single DLC expansion. I wanted more content to ease the pain of waiting for a sequel :(
Yeah I was hoping for that too. Many of the story archs seemed like set ups for a DLC.

Now we'll have to wait a year or two for the sequel :/

Well I don't usually buy GOTY editions, but this game was so good I may think about it. Especially if the Harley Quin stuff is worthwhile. Hope it has more Catwoman.

Have an unopened copy for 360 I bought last week.

Might just wanna keep it and buy the DLC instead of having that absurd box art...

Haunted

I can't tell what's behind all that text on the box art. Seems like... some kind of mask? A masked person? Hard to tell, really.

Top Bottom