• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City Review Thread

TheNatural

My Member!
Looks like a real good game. I love me some open world games, but I'm not really into playing anything lately. Maybe by the time the Wii U comes out I'll have some money to get it on that.

Mr. Sam said:
Reviewers are a cowardly and superstitious lot.

tumblr_lqwxyvrNje1r0afceo2_500.gif

I love you Batman. I love you.

Oh dammit. Dammit.

I'm supposed to be holding off on this because of all the preorder bullshit. And now the Catwoman bullshit! And delaying PC, my platform of choice...

:mad: Dammit Rocksteady.

Crunched said:
Hyperbole is the native language of gamers. Both your post and the quote you responded to prove this.

XD

RPGCrazied

I hope the reviews talk about just how many optional side missions there are. Has to be a lot to add another that many hours of playtime.

mclem

I have to admit, I was tempted to do the same; I recently succumbed and put an order in place, but I might double-dip if the Wii U version uses the controller smartly. By which, of course, I mean detective mode.

Derrick01

Banned
hosannainexcelsis said:
So much hyperbole.

Maybe not. Someone posted a list of the games GI has given a 10 to and a high percentage of them are considered to be on the list of the greatest games ever.

Of course they also gave it to GTA 4 and MGS 4, but no one's perfect.

RPGCrazied

That's a pretty long wait to wait for the Wii U version. The console doesn't even come out until next April or something. Fuck that.

I'm surprised at how much of a gap this will have between the current versions and the Wii U version, WB must be REALLY banking on the brand to offset the gap. So many seem to be not into the idea of even a "late" Wii U port, look at Sonic Generations.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
A total shame I have to wait for the PC version. Lookin' good, though.

LOCK

I couldn't wait till the Wii U version for this game. Will buy now, and if the Wii U version has system exclusives (I'm sure it will) then I will buy that and play it again.

Duffyside

Banned
nonnocere said:
Anyone want to make a mock-up of what the next Batman GOTY cover will look like?
The next GOTY cover will have Uncharted 3 on it.

I'm just being a dick. I actually predicted this to be GOTY at the beginning of 2011. Though I did think it was funny seeing GOTY editions of other games released in 2009 since U2 ran away with all of 'em.

Duxxy3

-GOUKI- said:
I really wished the pc version came out same day :(

Agreed. With the PC version of Rage bombing i could really use a nice single player game in october for my PC.

Will just have to get pushed back a while.

notsol337

marked forever
I wish I could afford to drop 60 bucks on a game... I'll just have to wait for it to be somewhere closer to 30!

I eagerly await wario's bomba! thread, so's I can pick this up.

Duxxy3 said:
Agreed. With the PC version of Rage bombing i could really use a nice single player game in october for my PC.

Will just have to get pushed back a while.

Orcs Must Die! So much fun. It's the most fun I've ever had being frustrated!

iumogg

Neo Member
RPGCrazied said:
I hope the reviews talk about just how many optional side missions there are. Has to be a lot to add another that many hours of playtime.

I remember hearing on a podcast (I forgot which one) that getting all the riddler challenges is like 10 hrs of gameplay itself.

Vire

iumogg said:
I remember hearing on a podcast (I forgot which one) that getting all the riddler challenges is like 10 hrs of gameplay itself.
That sounds a little generous. I wouldn't expect that much.

HTuran said:
You've got to be joking. That has be one of the stupidest things I've ever read.

But hey, it'll look great on the back of the box! I'm sure Warner Bros. really "appreciated" that remark, if you get my meaning...

GeoramA said:
Rocksteady: No

I think a Superman can and will be done right one day. Rocksteady has a good thing going with Batman, so of course they wouldn't want to deviate from that path, it'd be guaranteed money and customers lost.

Duffyside

Banned
iumogg said:
There are 436 of them.
Yeah, but a bunch (if not most) of them will just be "hey, there's a Riddler trophy on this water tower, or window sill, or trash can" and you'll get them as you're playing.

It's still nothing to sneeze at, but I suspect the "out of your way" Riddler trophies will be... oh, I'll guess five hours of additional play time.

Vire

john_trent11 said:
Nice thread. I like the effort you made of pulling the images from each reviewing site. But then you go posting this tired meme...even a Junior Member knows this kind of post will get you banned. Come on man...GAF is better than this.
If everyone was banned after things like this were said - we wouldn't have any members left. It was more satirical in any event, I don't think anyone says "umad" without having their tongue firmly placed in their cheek. But thanks for the hot tip internet police.

Vire said:
If everyone was banned after things like this were said - we wouldn't have any members left. It was more satirical in any event, I don't think anyone says "umad" without having their tongue firmly placed in their cheek. But thanks for the hot tip internet police.

umad?

Vire

Fine Ham Abounds said:
Destructoid - Jim Sterling - 7.5
made you look

Willing to bet money IGN is a 10, Eurogamer will be a 9.
Hah, I hope Jim Sterling reviews it. That guy is the best troll.

I already know what's good about this. More curious at it's flaws. Gonna have some problems here or there.

I do hope boss fights are better done.

Top Bottom