• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham Collection & LEGO Batman Trilogy free this week on EGS

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
Huh... so catch me up, since I don't use the Epic store -- are these added to your library (like Steam) and downloadable indefinitely? Or are they only free to download during this time frame?

MMaRsu

Banned
Huh... so catch me up, since I don't use the Epic store -- are these added to your library (like Steam) and downloadable indefinitely? Or are they only free to download during this time frame?

They are trying to get people into their ecosystem so these games are free to keep.

Then again if the creepy man in the van offers me some candy, I'm probably not gonna go inside.

Not worth it to risk my account information being stolen or to give them an inch really.

Generic

They are trying to get people into their ecosystem so these games are free to keep.

Then again if the creepy man in the van offers me some candy, I'm probably not gonna go inside.

Not worth it to risk my account information being stolen or to give them an inch really.
I'm curious about the dozen of millions of people who play Fortnite, if their information was stolen by China.

MMaRsu

Banned
I'm curious about the dozen of millions of people who play Fortnite, if their information was stolen by China.

I'm not saying their information is being siphoned to China. I'm saying their security sucks and there have been numerous instances of Epic user accounts being leaked and sold. You can go to a russian website right now and buy Epic accounts with a certain number of games on it.

These are stolen accounts.

Caffeine

cool I already had them on steam but its nice to have backups elsewhere I guess. and yes someone in italy has tried to access my egs account luckily i had 2 factor.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
I've been redeeming the free games, but I've yet to run any of them mostly on account that I already have them on other platforms.

Last edited:

Kenpachii

Here's the link:

Batman games

4f3b32f20d95adda80ac5e31b52a9852.png

Games included:
- Batman Arkham Asylum
- Batman Arkham City
- Batman Arkham Knight
- Lego Batman The video game
- Lego Batman 2 DC super Heroes
- Lego Batman 3 Beyond Gotham

Last edited:

Fbh

Nice.
I might give one of the Lego games a try. Which one is considered to be the best?

JSoup

Banned
Nice.
I might give one of the Lego games a try. Which one is considered to be the best?

Don't know about best but:
1 is still an early TT LEGO game. Most of the difficulty comes from obtuse puzzles and finicky physics. It's also mildly glitchy.
2 is more refined and generally more balanced in challenges.
3 is fun and jam packed with stuff, but it's a mess to clean up if you're in it for 100%. Lots of difficult, top-down races, lots timed parkour challenges that either won't allow you to adjust the camera or will adjust if for you five times a second.

No Steam, no something something
Kinda embrassing now that Sony is only giving out Knight for "free" on PS+ while Epic is handing out the entire trilogy. Two trilogies even.

Dr.D00p

Gold Member
So that makes 43 games I've now claimed on EPIC store for free and yet I haven't downloaded or played a single one of them....It sometimes feels like having 'free stuff' just for the sake of it and they have no real value anymore.

JSoup

Banned
Fingers crossed that this, in conjunction with the Fortnite Batman crossover and Batman day are building up to a new Arkham game announcement. Please.

I thought all the hints were pointing at Superman or something?
In game, that is.

T-Cake

I don't even have a gaming PC and I claimed these lol.

That's exactly what I did over the 10 years from 2008-2018 when I was a console-only gamer. When I got my PC last year, I had a collection of games from sales, Humble Bundles and giveaways that I could play straight away. It's the best bit about PC gaming - you pay an arm and a leg for the hardware but then the games are dirt cheap.

Kazza

Got them, first games "bought" on the Epic store. Very smooth process, no credit card needed. I'll be playing Shenmue 3 on PC anyway, so I might as well start now (I regret not grabbing some of the earlier free games now).

That's exactly what I did over the 10 years from 2008-2018 when I was a console-only gamer. When I got my PC last year, I had a collection of games from sales, Humble Bundles and giveaways that I could play straight away. It's the best bit about PC gaming - you pay an arm and a leg for the hardware but then the games are dirt cheap.

Heh, I've be doing the same. I do have a PC, but it's a pretty basic laptop, but I have been building up a decent library of either on sale games or games that I just want to support on PC so that they carry on playing (such as the Yakuza games). I should be getting a proper PC sometime next year and have around 50 games waiting for me. :messenger_beaming:

Sentenza

PS Plus is crying right now
For what? For having paid subscriptions while giving back a lot less, while Tim Sweeney is bleeding himself out to make his store appear somewhat appealing? I doubt it.

P.S. Already had all of these, through direct purchases over the years or bundles, but this is admittedly a hell of a giveaway.

Last edited:

nikeboy94

Many thanks good sir. Having owned Arkham Knight on PS4, I've always been curious about the problems on PC. Also does anyone know if Asylum and City are the remastered versions? I've only played the originals.

T-Cake

Many thanks good sir. Having owned Arkham Knight on PS4, I've always been curious about the problems on PC. Also does anyone know if Asylum and City are the remastered versions? I've only played the originals.

There was no remastering on PC. They're still the original Unreal engine 3 games but have nVidia PhysX which the console versions didn't have in either version.

nikeboy94

There was no remastering on PC. They're still the original Unreal engine 3 games but have nVidia PhysX which the console versions didn't have in either version.

Ahh yeah you're right, it slipped my mind that they never put Return to Arkham on PC.

Vawn

Banned
Epic is once again hooking their players up some absolutely free games. This time, they're giving us Batman games.

Arkham Asylum
fral8tw3amigm82q6x9t.jpg

Arkham City
ss_44554ad8d8678567d70113e835e8d815dcb054e6.600x338-800x500.jpg

Arkham Knight
batman-arkham-knight-screen.jpg

Lego Batman
legobatman_sc0111

Lego Batman 2
LegoBat2a-1.jpg

Lego Batman 3
ss_67bb5a7afd535cfe43dd382a342a5964d6fc74e0.1920x1080.jpg

Edit: Thanks for the merge. I did a poor job looking to see if a thread already was created.

Last edited:

Ailike

I finally installed Epic since I got Control with my graphics card, and I saw this. Im not -anti- Epic, but goddam. This store UI is just garbage. Where's the option to not have to scroll for eternity to see more than 10 games?

Sentenza

Im not -anti- Epic, but goddam. This store UI is just garbage.
There's nothing wrong with being anti-Epic. Anti-Epic is the rightful default state to be.
People who aren't anti-Epic are fucking weirdos at best.

Oh, and yes, it's garbage. But don't worry, they've been working on it since January and I'm sure improvements are coming any day now.
In fact, the new library is their "improved" version already. Imagine that.

Top Bottom