• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham HD Collection revealed via leak

Yeah, it's goofy. If they were having a separate series that followed origins, that'd be one thing, but nope, just seemingly ignoring it

Beyond goofy. It's baffling. I don't get it. Origins is loved by so many and you alienate your fanbase by doing this? Yes it had some problems, but it doesn't stop it from being one of the best arkham games out there. It's right up there with Asylum.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I'll pick it up. I like having entire series on one platform if I can help it. Origins is pretty good too, though I haven't beaten it yet, so it's a shame that it's not included, but meh, what are you gonna do? Who's to say they won't do an "HD" Origins release at some point later on? I can see them doing a digital only version if they're concerned people won't bite.

RPGCrazied

At this point I think its to late, they aren't going to do this. Perfect time would have been before Arkham Knight's release. Don't see them going through the effort.

est1992

Not sure but it's a foreign mag. Look's like italian writing. Sure. PM incoming :)

Would you mind PM'ing me the photo as well?

Honestly I'm bummed Origins isn't a part of the collection. It was my favorite game overall out of the series. Give it the gameplay of Knight without the batmobile, and the graphics, and it's unanimously the best in the series.

As far as an announcement goes, I'd expect one to come at E3. I have a feeling WB Montreal will announce one or both of their upcoming DC titles and have the remasters attached to the announcement. Only question I have for the future DC game installments is if they decide to keep it in the Arkhamverse or not. I would surely hope so.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Sadly, I expect that WB is doing this on the cheap and will probably have the someone like High Voltage studios doing the port.

As the studio known for terrible ports, this is not a comforting thought.

jbug617

Banned
saw this on r/xboxone
hInN4iz.jpg

Varth

Seems like a business mag going by the text and looks. Definitely not one of the like 3 remaining games mag in Italy.

Son Of D

They probably don't know what the fuck to do with it. Maybe they were hoping Batman v Superman to do real well?

EDIT: That magazine ad has a price in the bottom. 35 pounds. Does it say 50 euro next to it?

Looks like €35 with €50 underneath. Would be weird for a non-English magazine to have the UK price. Maybe it's a coupon to get €15 off? There are barcodes underneath each SKU. Or probably just a limited offer.

VLiberty

I read it as

Listino - 35€
SRP 50€

basically 35€ is their price while 50€ is the suggested price. Seems odd though.

edit: beaten

DieH@rd

Banned
After the upgrade Modern Warfare got from Raven, I hope that this remaster collection will get simmilar HQ treatment. Better models, textures, lightning, particles, the whole deal.

SJRB

Gold Member
After the upgrade Modern Warfare got from Raven, I hope that this remaster collection will get simmilar HQ treatment. Better models, textures, lightning, particles, the whole deal.

I hope so, too. A simple port would be catastrophic.

Varth

I read it as

Listino - 35€
SRP 50€

basically 35€ is their price while 50€ is the suggested price. Seems odd though.

edit: beaten

Once again: it seems to be a business magazine, something Store managers would use to order stock, hence the barcode. So first price is their price without VAT, second is retail. Its NO games magazine that I know of.

I was wondering the same thing why is AC on the top?

Sold better? Most recognizable and recent?

Once again: it seems to be a business magazine, something Store managers would use to order stock. So first price is their price witout VAT, second is retail I guess. Its NO games magazine that I know of.

Yup, that would explain a lot of things.

Varth

Why the random inclusion of Christian Bale's Batman in the top right corner? Was there no other key art available?

This kind of mags aint always done by staff familiar with videogames. Batman is Batman.
Also, Ive seem worse even on specialized mags :p

SliChillax

I see no PC version. Maybe the console version are just running at a higher framerate and resolution instead of having graphical tweaks?

LewieP

Simple PC ports to PS4... that would be awful. The worst possible option.

PC versions could be digital only, if this is indeed a retail magazine.

I think most likely is that these have no enhancements beyond what is already present in the PC versions, but I would wait for further details from WB.

Given WB's track record, maybe they'll find a way to do a PC collection that introduces some new game breaking bugs and performance issues.

Hopefully we'll see a major graphical upgrade and 60 fps. Would love to play the games again with those specs and I'm really interested to see how the collection turns out.

holygeesus

Banned
Arkham Asylum still looks amazing on PC. Night and Day when compared to the 360/PS3 versions

Agreed. I was surprised just how good it still looks maxed out and with all the physics effects enabled. Coupled with 60fps it will be a vast improvement on the previous gen console versions.

SliChillax

Maybe cause I didn't play Arkham Knight at launch on PC but now the game runs amazingly well. I have a pretty powerful PC but still, I've seen games with worse graphics with worse performance.

Anyone asking for Origins is crazy. I would replay City and Asylum but have no desire to go back personally.

Plus these are no straight ports - a lot of work has to go into even these seemingly direct ports. Don't assume they can just take Origins over. Rocksteady has built on new-gen tech so its prob easier for them to port over their code quickly.

lewisgone

Seeing as Origins seems to be the only game in the series with no 'game of the year' or equivalent version, and also seemed to be the one with the most technical issues upon release, it's pretty frustrating they apparently haven't seen fit to remaster it.

Especially since I'm still yet to play it.

Varth

Seeing as Origins seems to be the only game in the series with no 'game of the year' or equivalent version, and also seemed to be the one with the most technical issues upon release, it's pretty frustrating they apparently haven't seen fit to remaster it.

Especially since I'm still yet to play it.

I definitely saw it. Very low print run, though.

Top Bottom