• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight Announced (PC/PS4/XB1, 2014) - Drivable Batmobile!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Jan 9, 2007
So glad I skipped Origins - AA & AC were two of the best games last gen, though.

No cross gen means day one PS4 purchase!

NEO0MJ

Aug 8, 2010
If there really are no past-gen versions of this game that would be interesting, especially if it's using UE3.

Glad it's only for current gen. No restrictions should help them achieve better performance and visuals. I hope it's 60FPS.
Don't count on it. With more power they'll try to get more effects in so frame-rate will take a backseat. At best it would be 1080p on consoles.

2n2

Jun 9, 2004
Glad it's only for current gen. No restrictions should help them achieve better performance and visuals. I hope it's 60FPS
Me too, but I don't expect it because they'll be focusing on effects to show off next-gen.

BrokenIcarus

Sep 26, 2013
I really hope this means we get a huge gotham with actual inhabitants. Damn that sounds really really good!

RPGCrazied

Oct 14, 2007
The cover also only mentions current gen and PC. Would be a helluva mistake to make...
If your right, then okay. I love Batman, but that is not going to get me to buy a PS4. Hopefully if its UE 3, it'll run better on PS4, its pretty crappy on PS3.

KAL2006

Feb 6, 2009
UK
I'm liking this being next-gen only. I also predict that we'll see a bundle with Asylum/City/Origins for next-gen.
Dont forget Arkham Origins Blackgate

I thing a 4 game collection of Asylum/City/Origins/Blackgate with all DLC (minus multiplayer for Origins) would be worth full price

Spieler Eins

Sep 18, 2011
The subtitles keep getting dumber. I eagerly await the next ones, especially now that it looks like to be milked like AC and CoD. Arkham Rage next.

edit: oh fuck , series finale? I suspect they'll just drop the Arkham name, not the actual Batman titles each year.

Tagg9

Feb 11, 2010
Victoria, BC, Canada
I was referring more to established franchises since they have a lot of users on the old consoles. TW2 was released on the 360, but as a whole that series has sold around 6m units, which I believe is what a single entry of Arkham does each release.

I'm not complaining though as it's potentially a good sign that we're going to see the visual upgrade expected from current gen consoles as well as gameplay that couldn't be done on them.
I think Asylum and City both sold almost 8 million units, while Origins is trailing behind considerably based on first month sales.

ZeroX03

Oct 23, 2009
Australia/New Zealand
There's a little bit of footage on that Game Informer page. Two Face and Penguin look pretty much the same, Harley's had yet another redesign but I suppose that's a running theme now.

I'm assuming Conroy's in, but need the debut trailer to confirm it.

prag16

Jul 12, 2012
This is by far the best news of the announcement, fantastic to have it confirmed.
It hasn't been confirmed yet, not entirely.

I'd still wait. They also said MGS V was coming to PS4/XB1 only, but its coming out for PS3/360 as well.
Yeah. It's still within the realm of possibility that another dev is making PS360(U) downport(s).

Don't count on it. With more power they'll try to get more effects in so frame-rate will take a backseat. At best it would be 1080p on consoles.
Yeah don't expect 1080p60 on consoles. It'll be one or the other. Hopefully not neither...

Status
Not open for further replies.