• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham Knight graphical corruption on console.

Xbudz

Update from August 3rd: The latest patch for Batman Arkham Knight has resolved all my issues mentioned in this thread! No more screwed up sky! The new photo-mode is awesome too.

--------
I was about to play some Batman Arkham Knight on Xbox One, when I was distracted by a terribly broken skybox:

Gifs:
MXhJcZA.gif

2NPjASj.gif

Screenshots:
jfxUJoB.png

stKCKxY.png

Videos:
http://xboxclips.com/Xbudz+LIVE/689ba611-114c-43b3-9f76-a8666cdf4229
http://xboxclips.com/Xbudz+LIVE/fd05320c-0b3a-449e-b3e2-dd6b806cd3c4

This is the first I've seen of this issue. Are any other console owners running into graphical corruption or other glitches? I thought the console version was immune to the brokenness of the PC version.

Update:

I tested this on the other Xbox One in the house and the exact same graphical corruption is happening- so that rules out hardware failure. This happened after the recent patch for Batman. Both Xboxes are also in Preview Program which could be contributing to the issue. Either way, this is not a good look.

Floex

I've had it where the floor disappears underneath and I sink into the abyss. Only happened once mind you.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Hah, that looks hilarious. Although, it's probably a one time thing. Maybe some data was not streamed properly from the HDD. If it happens again and again, it might be hardware issues.

FranXico

I recall a thread about similar weird graphical corruption happening in inFamous:SS a while ago, and it turned out it was a hardware issue. Someone's PS4 was dying.

If this happens again often, consider contacting Xbox support.

Irvana

Happy weekend everyone!

I was about to play some Batman Arkham Knight on Xbox One, when I was distracted by a terribly broken skybox:

Screenshot:
jfxUJoB.png

Gif:
MXhJcZA.gif

Video:
http://xboxclips.com/Xbudz+LIVE/689ba611-114c-43b3-9f76-a8666cdf4229

This is the first I've seen of this issue. Are any other console owners running into graphical corruption or other glitches? I thought the console version was immune to the brokenness of the PC version.

Pretty sure it's a postprocessing effect to improve XBox One's fps calculation.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Well, it's not a bug-free game on console either, that's for sure. I haven't had any visual glitches like that, but I've had many instances of falling through the world, which then keeps happening every time you choose "Restart" from the pause menu (reloading the save altogether fixes it though).

EDIT: But yeah, that might be a console issue if it keeps happening.

low-G

Looks like a translucent polygon in the distance is being stretched super huge. Memory corruption. Probably something dying.

Maybe not quite, last bit of gif appears to be different.

Well. something's wrong. *shrug*

est1992

I've had that problem too, as well as what seemed like a mini black hole in the middle of the street. Kinda terrifying lol. I've had texture pop in problems for the entirety of my new game + playthrough and it's been driving me insane.

Xbudz

Maybe it's a one time thing. Have you tired restarting your console and launching the game again?

I recall a thread about similar weird graphical corruption happening in inFamous:SS a while ago, and it turned out it was a hardware issue. Someone's PS4 was dying.

If this happens again often, consider contacting Xbox support.

Well, it's not a bug-free game on console either, that's for sure. I haven't had any visual glitches like that, but I've had many instances of falling through the world, which then keeps happening every time you choose "Restart" from the pause menu (reloading the save altogether fixes it though).

EDIT: But yeah, that might be a console issue if it keeps happening.

I tried restarting. I also tested the game on the other Xbox in the house. Same corruption issue. I'm going to say it's not a hardware failure... Could be the latest game patch / Preview Program update.

2NPjASj.gif

Ants

my ps4 has those errors where the model stretches to infinity for an instant on some characters. I got it less than a month ago.

oh, and this

my ps4 has those errors where the model stretches to infinity for an instant on some characters. I got it less than a month ago.

oh, and this

I can consistently get this to happen in the smash and grab AR challenge.

Also been able to hit the floating thug with batarangs which cause them to slowly fall back to the floor.

Xbudz

The latest patch for Batman Arkham Knight has resolved the graphical corruption issues I was experiencing! Now I can go back to playing it! Thank you Rocksteady!

Top Bottom