• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

neoism

so anyone that has beat it is right after the
cloudburst goes off and i go through that tunnel and have to go fight the tank is that the end of the game or is there more it only says 80% on the story.....

answer with out spoiling pls if you can...

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
so anyone that has beat it is right after the
cloudburst goes off and i go through that tunnel and have to go fight the tank is that the end of the game or is there more it only says 80% on the story.....

answer with out spoiling pls if you can...
You still have quite a few missions to do.

Fuck the Riddler and his stupid trophies. It's the only think holding back 100% completion.

I briefly looked into getting all of the Riddler trophies to get the best ending, looked up a series of youtube videos, said "Nope" and will look up the ending on Youtube after I beat the game. LOL

TheFatMan

Why does every god damn fight near the end of the game turn into a shitty gimmick fight in the batmobile?

This game is downright ridiculous with the forced (shitty) batmobile combat and racing. ENOUGH, let me be the god damn batman!

Chitown B

Batgirl question

In the mission to go save your dad, what the hell are you supposed to do to get across the area where you move the boat with the hacking device? I can't boost and I can't grapple anything across the long gap

nevermind, got it.

I forgot I even had the line launcher, that's the first time I had to use it the whole DLC

Batgirl question

In the mission to go save your dad, what the hell are you supposed to do to get across the area where you move the boat with the hacking device? I can't boost and I can't grapple anything across the long gap

nevermind, got it.

I forgot I even had the line launcher, that's the first time I had to use it the whole DLC

Its pretty much only the 2nd time its required to use in the entire game....Im including the base game.

T.O.P

Banned
Fuckin hell, this game looks absolutely bonkers on pc D:

I'm talking Gear of War level of impact for me, woah

Shame that doing burnouts destroys the framerate, but the smoke is way too pretty to turn it off :3

Why does every god damn fight near the end of the game turn into a shitty gimmick fight in the batmobile?

This game is downright ridiculous with the forced (shitty) batmobile combat and racing. ENOUGH, let me be the god damn batman!
The Batmobile was introduced in the first Batman comic and absolutely belongs in this game. Fans have been wanting to control his rides since the first Arkham game. If you don't like it, it's fine, but stop calling something shitty just because you have shitty reflexes. I personally loved the tank missions, especially the end. It was awesome, exhilarating, and fun.

What other Batman games let you use the Batmobile, or for that matter, which ones give you such a feature-complete Batmobile?

I seriously do not comprehend the complaints about the Batmobile. I have just as much fun flying/Batclaw-ing around the city as driving, so it's not like you have to use the Batmobile all the time.

And are you playing the side-missions too? I'm not even talking about Challenges, just side-missions. With those mixed in, the "Batmobile required" sections make up about 1/3rd (if that) of my playtime so far, which isn't bad at all.

Wait is the Batgirl DLC out? I don't see it under my DLC section.

NfybPLz.png

Can you guys help me unlock the tower defense challenge? I'm trying everything and I just can't unlock it. Like I understand your suppose to pick em up (I know how to do that). After that, I just proceed to punch the crap outta them, but the challenge won't unlock.

batrush

Finished the game yesterday. Being generous it's a 7/10. Couldn't stand the Batmobile and the way it's shoehorned into every mission. There were some interesting moments in the story, but overall the writing is still mediocre at best. I'll be selling this one.

I usually just blitzed through the dual fights in the main game, but messing around with them a bit made me realize how entertaining it is to use two different characters in tandem in normal play, to see how the dual takedown animations unfurl and to mess with the possibilities of being able to switch at will.

I did a "batclaw into super stun + kick" with Batman, switched to Robin and kicked the guy out of the air. Which was awesome

Also seems Robin has an odd spin attack that takes the place of the "weapon destroy" input. Not sure what it does.

I need some dual challenge maps.
and legit co-op challenge maps
It seems like all the characters have a few unique special takedowns. Nightwing, for example, has a group stun move that functions similarly to Bat Swarm with the Multi-Takedown input.

It would be really nice if we could a move list for each character, though maybe we already do, since I've never entered the WayneTech menu with another character active before.

WhiteWolf

As a huge fan of the 1st 3 Arkham games, I will definitely purchase this game once I have gotten a few pay checks at my new job. I do have a question though, how does the story in this game compare to Origins? I know it was a buggy mess at times and the PR disaster of them not continuing to patch it paints it in a bad light (I don't blame WB Montreal for that though, that's on the publisher), but I really enjoyed the story it told. I also like the characterizations in Origins a lot more than in previous games.

The boss fights, while simple, were also much better than anything in Asylum or City. Are the boss fights in Knight at least fun to play?

Sorry if these have been asked before.

What other Batman games let you use the Batmobile, or for that matter, which ones give you such a feature-complete Batmobile?

I seriously do not comprehend the complaints about the Batmobile. I have just as much fun flying/Batclaw-ing around the city as driving, so it's not like you have to use the Batmobile all the time.

And are you playing the side-missions too? I'm not even talking about Challenges, just side-missions. With those mixed in, the "Batmobile required" sections make up about 1/3rd (if that) of my playtime so far, which isn't bad at all.

I agree for the most part. Not only do I think the time spent in the Batmobile is overblown by some who dislike it, I also think its use beyond tank fights and Riddler tracks is nothing out of the ordinary for this series (spatial puzzles, gadget use, optional transportation), so counting all the time spent in it in order to knock the game is silly if that stuff was acceptable in past games. The tank stuff is an even smaller portion, and contention isn't even because it's outright badly made or implemented.

It seems like all the characters have a few unique special takedowns. Nightwing, for example, has a group stun move that functions similarly to Bat Swarm with the Multi-Takedown input.

It would be really nice if we could a move list for each character, though maybe we already do, since I've never entered the WayneTech menu with another character active before.

I never thought to check that. I'll need to guve it a try during NG+.

As a huge fan of the 1st 3 Arkham games, I will definitely purchase this game once I have gotten a few pay checks at my new job. I do have a question though, how does the story in this game compare to Origins? I know it was a buggy mess at times and the PR disaster of them not continuing to patch it paints it in a bad light (I don't blame WB Montreal for that though, that's on the publisher), but I really enjoyed the story it told. I also like the characterizations in Origins a lot more than in previous games.

The boss fights, while simple, were also much better than anything in Asylum or City. Are the boss fights in Knight at least fun to play?

The story is at least presented better than the past two games. it's not really on teh same level as Origins though. There are at least a few interesting developments and performances though.

There are no traditional boss fights in the main game. There are a couple as side missions, but nothing like the ones from Asylum (thankfully) or City.

Sojgat

The way Knight tells it's story is very inventive (there is one standout sequence in particular), but the story itself is probably the worst in the series.

There are no traditional boss fights, it's mostly Batmobile tank battles against drones. Even if you love the tank combat, they aren't much fun.

Chopper

I picked is up for a very reasonable price recently, and finally got it all updated this afternoon, so I turned it on for about an hour. God damn at the jump scare right at the beginning! Anyway, I played Arkham Asylum years ago (and loved it) but have forgotten alot of how combat and gadgets work. Like, what the hell is freeflow? Will the game explain it all to me, or is it worth brushing up on some skills somehow?

I picked is up for a very reasonable price recently, and finally got it all updated this afternoon, so I turned it on for about an hour. God damn at the jump scare right at the beginning! Anyway, I played Arkham Asylum years ago (and loved it) but have forgotten alot of how combat and gadgets work. Like, what the hell is freeflow? Will the game explain it all to me, or is it worth brushing up on some skills somehow?

Freeflow is basically when you get your momentum going and can fly across the area to hit out of reach enemies.

http://arkhamcity.wikia.com/wiki/Freeflow_Combat

Crossing Eden

That's cool man, but are the intricacies of the combat system taught to me, or do I just have to 'get it' via the vague button prompts that pop up every now and then?
The basics like countering and which tool you need to use specifically for special enemy types is taught to you as the game goes on, the game relies on you to figure out the depth behind the combat though when it comes to incorporating gadgets to get 50x combos. You can find button prompts in the Wayne Tech menu.

Chopper

The basics like countering and which tool you need to use specifically for special enemy types is taught to you as the game goes on, the game relies on you to figure out the depth behind the combat though when it comes to incorporating gadgets to get 50x combos. You can find button prompts in the Wayne Tech menu.
Thanks.

I guess I missed the part that tells me how to take down enemies that charge at you.

Is the gadget you use in battle determined by what you have selected in the the gadget wheel, or are they context sensitive?

Thanks.

I guess I missed the part that tells me how to take down enemies that charge at you.

Is the gadget you use in battle determined by what you have selected in the the gadget wheel, or are they context sensitive?

You hit those guys with batarangs.

Almost all gadgets have "quickfire" commands that let you use them without having to select them in the gadget wheel.

vladdamad

I am very close to (I am assuming) discovering Arkham Knight's identity, at the bit where
I am supposed to be lowering the batmobile into the fans to reach Gordon
so I take it that that I am close to the end. Is this the point where I am supposed to start hating the batmobile? Because I am still loving it. The only slightly frustrating part has been the
Cloudburster Tank battle
, everything else has been really fun.

Story has been incredibly entertaining, I'm sure loads will love the more focused approach but I sometimes miss the absurd amounts of villains that appeared in the Arkham City storyline. The
film studio
level is probably the greatest in the series, spectacular environment design, interesting gameplay mechanics, and one particular part which is absolutely hilarious.

As for the story speculations, I went into the game being pretty sure who the Arkham Knight would be, but now I am not so sure. Loads of reviews mentioned that the reveal is incredibly obvious, but it's not to me - there are several characters that I suspect but I am still unsure. Really excited as to how this will play out!

strafer

I really enjoyed my time with Arkham Knight. Probably my least favorite in the series when it comes down to it. Origins being my favorite.

I wanna applaud Rocksteady for bringing him back for the last game.

Just wish that Conroy would put some more power into his interrogations, they sound so tame compared to Roger Craig Smith.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwIcJW6f2m0

Alienous

I really enjoyed my time with Arkham Knight. Probably my least favorite in the series when it comes down to it. Origins being my favorite.

I wanna applaud Rocksteady for bringing him back for the last game.

Just wish that Conroy would put some more power into his interrogations, they sound so tame compared to Roger Craig Smith.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwIcJW6f2m0

Conroy had some great lines in City though.

I think there was an interrogation line like "Do you have any idea how hard it is to pick up your teeth with broken fingers?". Like shieeet.

Conroy had some great lines in City though.

I think there was an interrogation line like "Do you have any idea how hard it is to pick up your teeth with broken fingers?". Like shieeet.

Say what you want about the plots, but damn, did City (and Asylum, to a lesser extent) nail the moment to moment dialogue.

Say what you want about the plots, but damn, did City (and Asylum, to a lesser extent) nail the moment to moment dialogue.

I haven't replayed them recently, but I don't recall the dialogue and delivery ever being that great in those games. I'll always remember Batman's "I eat punks like these for breakfast" line in Asylum though

I haven't replayed them recently, but I don't recall the dialogue and delivery ever being that great in those games. I'll always remember Batman's "I eat punks like these for breakfast" line in Asylum though

Like, it's not amazing, but it's a lot more enjoyable than I remembered it being. (The Asylum line you mentioned is one of my favorites)

I do like that it gets more brutal with each passing game. At first, it kind of irked me just how much it escalated from Asylum to City, to Knight, but given the overarching story and the circumstances, said escalation makes complete sense and doesn't seem out of character at all.

John Noble tho

Best non
Joker
VA performance in the game. But Scarecrow is my favorite Batman villain, so I'm probably biased there.

John Noble tho

Like, it's not amazing, but it's a lot more enjoyable than I remembered it being. (The Asylum line you mentioned is one of my favorites)

I do like that it gets more brutal with each passing game. At first, it kind of irked me just how much it escalated from Asylum to City, to Knight, but given the overarching story and the circumstances, said escalation makes complete sense and doesn't seem out of character at all.

Best non
Joker
VA performance in the game. But Scarecrow is my favorite Batman villain, so I'm probably biased there.

You guys have forgotten Dr Hugo Strange's dialogue delivery in the very opening scene of Arkham City? All three Arkham games featured fantastic voice acting by all actors involved!

Crossing Eden

Best non
Joker
I don't even like Scarecrow that much but I absolutely love this rendition of Scarecrow. Always so calm and collected. Every voice in the game though sounds incredibly natural. It's definitely one of those rare times where you don't feel a disconnect between the movement of guys/gals who did mocap and the VAs.

I am very close to (I am assuming) discovering Arkham Knight's identity, at the bit where
I am supposed to be lowering the batmobile into the fans to reach Gordon
so I take it that that I am close to the end. Is this the point where I am supposed to start hating the batmobile? Because I am still loving it. The only slightly frustrating part has been the
Cloudburster Tank battle
, everything else has been really fun.

I am like you and was loving the batmobile until just after this section so be prepared .

TheFatMan

The Batmobile was introduced in the first Batman comic and absolutely belongs in this game. Fans have been wanting to control his rides since the first Arkham game. If you don't like it, it's fine, but stop calling something shitty just because you have shitty reflexes. I personally loved the tank missions, especially the end. It was awesome, exhilarating, and fun.

Well, personal attacks aside....

My reflexes are not "shitty". I'm not the first person to have complaints about the poor handling and "fun" of the Batmobile sections of the game. I'm glad you love the batmobile so much, but you sir, from all accounts, are in the minority.

Tell me you thought the batmobile fight against
Arkham Knight in the tunnle machine
was honestly well done and fun.....please, it was a gimmick fight with poor controls and a shitty camera that made it harder than it needed to be. The constant auto saves made the difficulty of the fight moot anyways, being as dying just reset you to the last chunk of health to be taken away.

It's not a problem of difficulty or "shitty reflexes" as much as it is a problem of shitty implementation of something that SHOULD have been handled much better.

Vire

I don't understand how the Bat Mobile has poor controls... but that's just me. Seems perfectly responsive.

Especially when you get the double tap boost move for the tank.

Crossing Eden

I don't understand how the Bat Mobile has poor controls... but that's just me. Seems perfectly responsive.

Especially when you get the double tap boost move for the tank.
Because Riddler designs the most unfair traps ever. It's on purpose but it's so frustrating to fail those courses and have to restart.

Finished the game yesterday, now Im fiddling around the combat in the AR Challenges, jesus there are so many combat moves I've missed like picking up weapons and breaking bones. Wish I knew about them before I beat it lol

Top Bottom