• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham Knight Season Pass Announced - $40

GHG

How about no?

I'll buy the base game and then get the seasons pass in a steam sale or get the goty edition on sale at a later date.

Ridiculous pricing.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
The Season Pass is priced at £32.99 and the Premium Edition, which includes both the Season Pass and the main game, is priced at £87.98 for console, and £67.98 for PC.

what a savings

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
We want one-hunnard, bitch. Up front. You won't find a finer videogame experience.

(I hope the last bastions of game rental never die)

"priced at £87.98 for console, and £67.98"

How the heck are they justifying that £20 price gap between platforms?

The Console makers cut aint that deep

Arttemis

The Batman™: Arkham Knight Season Pass will deliver regular new content for six months post-launch including new story missions, additional super-villains invading Gotham City, legendary Batmobile skins, advanced challenge maps, alternative character skins, and new drivable race tracks. The Batman™: Arkham Knight Premium Edition includes the main game and the Season Pass.

Race tracks...... Paid for challenge maps.... Skins....

God dammit, WB. You're really burning all of your good will by pushing this DLC too far.

Mocca-Bear

Neo Member
Yeah..... Nope, feel very comfortable with just letting this one slide. Looks like the main game will be enough for me to scratch that Arkham itch.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
To all of you who are gonna wait for the GotY version, enjoy waiting a year for it while the rest of us enjoy the game this year.

vg260

$40 Season Pass for a $60 game not even out.
Modern gaming everybody!

Well to be fair, studios need to plan in advance for this kind of thing and development takes a long time, so the fact the game is not out is not really relevant. It's probably going gold soon. That being said, the question is price vs. quality, and most times this content does not live up to the price and expectations. So that sort of skepticism is warranted.

kitzkozan

Nothing new. Arkham City and Arkham Origins both had Season Passes. Surely no one is honestly surprised by this?

Given Rocksteady pedigree, we should see a game of the year version in the first quarter of 2016. City was released on October 18, 2011 in NA and the GOTY was released in the second quarter of 2012 (May 29).

That being said, the question is price vs. quality, and most times this content does not live up to the price and expectations. So that sort of skepticism is warranted.
This is true as well.
It is hard to justify spending $100 when the GOTY edition will be $60 a year later.

ps3ud0

Wow £2 cheaper than my preorder for the actual game - much value there. I'll buy it when its half price as usual when most the season pass content has been released...

ps3ud0 8)

I want more content than the last go around. I know they can't all deliver Borderlands 2 levels of season pass content but I do want more/better.

It's way too hard to tell upfront if any Season Pass is ever worth it. That price is hilariously expensive and begging to be bought during an eventual Steam Sale.

Cob32

How much is the destiny season pass? Looks like £30+ is going to be the standard for season passes soon.

FHIZ

Yep, was fine picking and choosing which DLC I wanted from the last Arkham Games. Don't care too much about costumes or challenge maps, so buying that one story pack they produce is fine by me... if even that.

vg260

This is true as well.
It is hard to justify spending $100 when the GOTY edition will be $60 a year later.

Well, that and it's a pretty big thing to ask customers to buy blind not knowing in detail what the actual content is like. If you do and it turns out to suck, you have pretty much no one to blame but yourself. It's the gamble of season passes.

I'm looking forward to this game, but don't have much faith in this being much more than fluff.

jacobeid

Banned
Lmao at that price. I'm kind of glad that moving/car shopping/concert season/working more than full-time will be seriously cutting into my gaming time. There's no way I'll finish The Witcher, Bloodborne, Mario Kart DLC and Metro: Last Light Redux before this releases. Sale it is I guess.

Cool that it's coming though.

Phamit

is the pc season pass also 40€ ? because you can buy the game for 36 € on Green Man Gaming , normally it's 49,99

Season pass costs 4/5 of the base game lol

Montresor

$40 season pass. LOL.

Does there exist an Arkham Origins GOTY edition yet (with all the DLC)? I think I'll just buy that for ~$10 instead.

kitzkozan

$25 for two major expansions
$40 for some story missions, race tracks, skins and challenge maps

The rant about the TW3 expansion pass seems even more ridiculous now.

Not to mention that the expansion pass will eventually be discounted, possibly in time for the winter steam sale (since I expect The Witcher 3 to be the best selling title in the series, I don't think it will get decent discount within 6 months of it's release).

Psykoboy2

Really hope this comes with the collector's editions I pre-ordered from Amazon with the Batmobile and the one with the batman statue.

This is my second favorite series in gaming.

That doesn't mean I'm willing to buy into a ridiculously overpriced Season Pass.
I've already pre-ordered and payed off a Collector's Edition of the game and not even that entitles me to the Season Pass content? That's basically extortion at this point.

Top Bottom