• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Reddit Rumour probably BS according to press sneak fuck of substantial repute

Regginator

Spoke to a couple of people who both think this is BS. (Also, it's a random Reddit account with no previous posts.)

While I expected as much, don't leakers usually use new, disposable accounts?

Unless they're known press sneak fucks like you

Roni

Gold Member
6) Combat has been expanded to better accommodate 1-on-1 fights. It's still rhythm based where you have to time all the correct button presses exactly, but it's more complicated than the attack/counter basis of the previous games.

If this is real: finally...

I shat on Arkham Origins a lot when it came out because it was basically Arkham City-2, when the franchise had been going so strong in its sequel.

While I loved Arkham Knight and think it is the best Arkham game to date, I still expected a few things from Rocksteady, number one being that up there. 1v1 enemies and boss fights.

So I gotta respect them if they try that. Could turn me around on them if they pull this off.

Vic_Viper

Owlman has nothing to do with the court of owls (unless they changed that recently) so yeah this seems fake.

Yea WTF? Having the court of owls seems really cool, especially with Dick playing a part in the game, but Owlman?

Like everything he's said accept for the villain roster.

I have yet to start this "trilogy". Always been interested in Batman but I don't know where to start to be really familiar with its universe.
Just play them in order. My prior Batman experience was walking out halfway through Begins and liking Dark Knight, never read a comic or watched the show and really only liked Heath Ledger in DK. They're some of my favorite games ever. Really, really fun combat, Metroid-esque collectibles that reward exploration, and some really clever trippy sequences. You might appreciate some small references if you're already a fine but you definitely don't need any prior knowledge to appreciate the games.

Toa Axis

Thread title should probably be edited to show that this rumor is bogus, a la Jason. Still, the concept for this sounds neat.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
No Batman Beyond?

No Batgirl?

No Nightwing?

No Damien Wayne?

No Courage.

Sizzel

Eh I could be losing my mind in my old age, but it seems like more rumors and leaks are true recently than not so I have nothing to lose. Game sounds great.

Xux

Man, figured this sounded too good to be true. Oh well, I guess the 666 game might not be totally terrible.

Kinda hope Rocksteady is making a Superman game.
Not so much for Superman specifically but to escalate from Arkham Knight,
Metropolis would be huge just to fit Superman's skill set.
And then the potential for all the side characters that would believably be in Metropolis compared to Gotham.

Alienous

Kinda hope Rocksteady is making a Superman game.
Not so much for Superman specifically but to escalate from Arkham Knight,
Metropolis would be huge just fit Superman's skill set.
And then the potential for all the side characters that would believably be in Metropolis compared to Gotham.

I hope so to, because if they pull it off and actually make a good Superman game I'd have to consider them one of the greatest video game studios ever.

I hope so to, because if they pull it off and actually make a good Superman game I'd have to consider them one of the greatest video game studios ever.

You could even have stuff to do as Clark, which people asked for in Arkham but the city situation wasn't really set up for it.
Back end of the game could even be a mini-Justice League game where Darkseid, Starro or Brainiac attack Metropolis and Green Lantern, Batman, Wonder Woman become playable
(maybe Flash if they put that much work in.)

Caffeine

this is good news lots think its bs, hoping march 8th is an announcement for something though.

I did think the plot was weird because wasnt asylum 10 years after origins and blackgate was a year after origins. which would have made this 2 years after blackgate.
why would joker and owlman (who is sparsely mentioned in future games) breakout of blackgate and then 2 years later break out/takeover the same institution again lol, and then 7 years later take over arkham again.

also it would have just been too much joker at this point. lets plot twist from 1 villain into joker some how 4 times in a row what could go wrong.

Kinyou

I'm honestly just looking forward to another Arkham game. Unlike other people I'm not burned out on the formular at all. So Damien or Bruce or whatever, give it to me.

You could even have stuff to do as Clark, which people asked for in Arkham but the city situation wasn't really set up for it.
Back end of the game could even be a mini-Justice League game where Darkseid, Starro or Brainiac attack Metropolis and Green Lantern, Batman, Wonder Woman become playable
(maybe Flash if they put that much work in.)

stahp getting my hopes and hype up

If they somehow made a good Superman game, pairing that with the Batman gameplay they've established could be amazing

stahp getting my hopes and hype up

If they somehow made a good Superman game, pairing that with the Batman gameplay they've established could be amazing

Flash would really be the only challenging main DC character if they got Superman right.
Batman is already perfected, and his combat would easily work for Wonder Woman.

delSai

Flash would really be the only challenging main DC character if they got Superman right.
Batman is already perfected, and his combat would easily work for Wonder Woman.

Makes me hope that WB starts using other DC Heroes in standalone games. I love Batman and the Arkham Games, but someone else being the Star of their own game would be nice for a change.

Vic_Viper

Gotta say, after thinking about this "leaked" info a little bit more, I think this sounds alot more likely than a Damien Wayne/Batman Beyond game. Considering the vast majority of Batman (Casual) fan no next to nothing about Damien, having him star in his own game without any kind of set up in any of the previous Arkham games doesnt sound very likely to me. As much as id like to see it one day, I highly doubt the next game with star anyone other than Bruce Wayne.

The only bit that makes me believe the Damien rumor more is that Kotaku ran a story with sources. Not that that is 100% confirmation, but it does lend more weight to the idea.

Has the Redditor said anything regarding the Damien rumors? Or said what is happening on March 8th to cause this announcement? Is something special happening on the 8th to cause WB to announce this along side?

RedHill

Banned
Gotta say, after thinking about this "leaked" info a little bit more, I think this sounds alot more likely than a Damien Wayne/Batman Beyond game. Considering the vast majority of Batman (Casual) fan no next to nothing about Damien, having him star in his own game without any kind of set up in any of the previous Arkham games doesnt sound very likely to me. As much as id like to see it one day, I highly doubt the next game with star anyone other than Bruce Wayne.

The only bit that makes me believe the Damien rumor more is that Kotaku ran a story with sources. Not that that is 100% confirmation, but it does lend more weight to the idea.

Has the Redditor said anything regarding the Damien rumors? Or said what is happening on March 8th to cause this announcement? Is something special happening on the 8th to cause WB to announce this along side?
Like I said in another thread, if you know enough about Batman mythos to know it isn't Bruce in the suit, you know who Damian is. It isn't going to be any type of issue. He'll look like Batman. He'll be called Batman.

And this fake "leaker" has even said the Damian game is coming.

It's a shame it might be fake, because I'd rather have this than "Damien fighting the devil" Arkham games.

Why, again, can't be get a Batman Beyond with Terry? Hell, they can call it "Arkham Beyond" for all I care...

Owlman has nothing to do with the court of owls (unless they changed that recently) so yeah this seems fake.

There are multiple people called Owlman.

Spoilers for the Court of Owls story:

In current continuity
there's Thomas Wayne Jr from Earth 3 and Lincoln March from main DC Earth who thinks he's Thomas Wayne Jr. Earth 3 Owlman has nothing to do with the Court, Lincoln does. Lincoln murdered a load of the Court at the end of the arc.

Assumimg this is real

Not thrilled about the continued use of ue3. That engine needed to die a long time ago. Ill still likely buy if the pc port turns out good. Batman universe is awesome and game design wise i enjoyed arkham knight and origins

Tech wise id like better aa, quality pbr, better perf on the cpu side and streaming that actually works well. A bigger map would also be good. The map in arkham knight wasnt much bigger than a battlefield map

woahitsshant

Neo Member
Okay so i need to put an end to this. I saw the reddit post a few days ago, I was hoping it wouldn't make its way to Gaf. I GUARANTEE it is utter bullshit. I can't believe the extents people go to for a bit of attention, sheesh.

You know I was thinking, what if someone actually did this? Like for Red Dead 2. Ten people get fired a few months before launch and one spoils the entire plot. Would they blacklist all ten if they couldn't figure out who did it? That would suck. I know that's how it works with game testers kinda, I'm not sure if they're permanently blacklisted, but the entire roster can be purged if one breaks nda.

tim1138

Just as long as I still get my Damian game. The world of Batman 666 is much more interesting to me than another Arkham game, especially a Court of Owls thing.

Maniac

Banned
Spoke to a couple of people who both think this is BS. (Also, it's a random Reddit account with no previous posts.)

Going by what I know about the game, courtesy of some folks I'm friendly with, this is BS.

(The batmobile has, afterall, been replaced by the bike, which is one glaring issue in this "leak")

Going by what I know about the game, courtesy of some folks I'm friendly with, this is BS.

(The batmobile has, afterall, been replaced by the bike, which is one glaring issue in this "leak")

Can you tell us if it's still on track to release this year? If not then that's completely fine.

Hero

Wait the next Batman game is going to have a bike?

Wait the next Batman game is going to have a bike?

homerdrool2.gif

Screw Mordor, this is all I want from you WB.
much less than I want Rocksteady's project but still.

rackham

Banned
Meh. I wish D.C. Had the courage to move onto a new hero. So fucking lame. I don't trust them one bit after the last game in which they constantly said "our story is unique, it's not about the red hood, blah blah blah".

Fuck off

Top Bottom