• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman v Superman Friday Boxoffice Estimate: $82M

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember reading on GAF that the film needed to make $400 million to break even? Is this domestic or Worldwide? Did they break even in 4 days? Would that secure the DC Universe's future?
$400 million is what the film costs including marketing, not what it needs to break even (though to be fair, their licensing deals etc probably made them a lot so far.)

MC Safety

You've eaten well, WB. You've eaten the potential of these franchises, and their crossovers. But your feast is nearly over. From this moment on, none of your success is guaranteed.

I had this on a bumper sticker DC put out for the release of Miller-Mazzuchelli's Batman: Year One.

But I think the sentiment is off. The film is not very good, but it probably won't derail the money train's inevitable journey down the line.

Mirimar

Not good news for legs
http://collider.com/batman-v-superman-box-office-record

As Forbes reports, the Stateside box office take for BvS dropped from Friday’s $82 million to Sunday’s $37 million, for a drop of 55%. For a comparison, Fantastic Four dropped 48% over the course of its opening weekend. Even taking the Easter Sunday holiday out of the equation, Batman v Superman’s Friday-to-Saturday drop came in at 38%, second worst only to The Dark Knight Rises’ 40% drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom