• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaanyboi

Banned
N9VO6Di.jpg

lol at Superman's reaction

What a fucking asshole....

MisterHero

If you cast Amy Adams in something, you better believe she's not gonna stand for a Superman-Lois Lane-Wonder Woman love triangle [and lose if it happens]. If anything, Adams would probably suggest Lois and Diana lez out to the island of Lesbos/Themyscira. Girrrrl Power, dammit!
Lol. Lois and Wondy will probably both fall for Bruce Wayne.

Supes will never win. he should save faora

Nolan's Batman had only been Batman for a very short time. It was like a year between Begins and Dark Knight, then he stops for 8 years. He was maybe 40 or something by Dark Knight Rises.

It was actually only about a year since batman arrived in gotham and tdk not between the end of begins and start of tdk. Joker has a line when meeting the gang leaders for the first time about a year ago the ruled the streets and weren't afraid.

In begins he's home from college when chills trial is on and this is when he leaves on his journey/training. When he returns Alfred talks about how hes been gone 7 years.

from beginning the journey to end of tdkr 16 years goes by and he is early 20's when it all starts so he would be mid to late 30s in tdkr

Maddocks

In batman begins, he celebrates his 30th birthday. So hes 31-32 going on to dark knight and then he is 39-40 around dark knight rises.

Imagine watching The Avengers if they had only made Iron Man 1. So everything else; Thor, Loki, Cap, The Hulk,SHIELD, everything else, all got introduced over the course of one movie. That is what they're doing here.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
new rumours here

this caught my eye

Metropolis destruction coming back to haunt him?

I thought this sounded pretty neat.
Those pics online of Ben Affleck (sporting very gray hair on his temples) as Bruce Wayne involve a scene in the film where he’s saving people after some sort of attack on Metropolis (he's was in a Wayne building when it went down it seems) which causes a lot of destruction.
Would answer the question of what was Batman up to while shit was hitting the fan in Man of Steel, maybe they will be introducing each of the characters in a similar fashion, or at least showing what they were doing during those events. I'm sure Aquaman can't be happy with the whole Indian ocean bit.

Imagine watching The Avengers if they had only made Iron Man 1. So everything else; Thor, Loki, Cap, The Hulk,SHIELD, everything else, all got introduced over the course of one movie. That is what they're doing here.

Except they aren't doing that, the Avengers used all the characters they had introduced in previous films in that film for main roles. BvS is seemingly just about Batman and Superman with smaller introduction roles for the other characters, we will probably only see them all together at the end of the film when/if the Justice League is formed.

Wiktor

And good thing they do. Aside from Iron Man all those origin stories movies were pretty bad. You don't really need to introduce Batman and WW can be explained very quickly. Better that than spend whole damn movie setting her up. The rest of herores will propably be just cameos anyway.

Except we aren't. Avengers were basically nobodies before that series anyway.

Superman is done,
Batman doesn't need a reintroduction
Wonder Woman will have a secondary role(Black Widow in Iron Man 2?)
Lex is most likely the main villain, will be set up but a classic Lex wouldn't have need to be at this point.

everyone else is basically a cameo for Justice League.

This would maybe be a problem if they're filming "Justice League", but theyre not. Everyone except Superman and Batman will likely be cameos with Wonder Woman probably having a bit more substantial role.

Awesome Aquaman pic

Yea if they do Aquaman justice, I'd say he got the better deal.

DeathyBoy

Banned
Except Joker is an exhibitionist and wouldn't necessarily keep quiet about Bats just to appease to his privacy preferences.

eh, we'll just have to see if it all gels together in two flipping years.

I don't think they're legit saying 'nobody knows about Batman.'

It's just they see him as a myth. Out of focus photos, police refusing to acknowledge to the public that he exists, etc. So in that 'verse he took down The Joker, but no one saw him doing it... or maybe some people did, just were so grateful they shut up about it.

DeathyBoy

Banned
You saw pics of Ben playing Bruce Wayne.

You read a rumor that he was playing a 50 year old Bruce Wayne.

Keep that in mind.

Well, Affleck is also 41.

Maybe this is their logic for him still playing the role in a few years. He'll be ageing into it. Plus it's Bruce Wayne - the guy hasn't aged since the late 1930s.

Except we aren't. Avengers were basically nobodies before that series anyway.

Superman is done,
Batman doesn't need a reintroduction
Wonder Woman will have a secondary role(Black Widow in Iron Man 2?)
Lex is most likely the main villain, will be set up but a classic Lex wouldn't have need to be at this point.

everyone else is basically a cameo for Justice League.

Yeh some good points made there. I'm just a bit weary as I was disappointed with MOS mainly due to the final third.

I just feel that we're only getting this movie because Warner's weren't totally happy with MOS box office due to the success of the MCU. If it wasn't for that success we would be looking forward to just a MOS sequel now.

I'm just worried that it'll just end up being CGI Batman vs CGI Superman and not being able to tell totally what is going on like Transformers and the final act of the MOS.

DeathyBoy

Banned
Yes, we get it, Aquaman has had loads of over-compensatory badass moments of late.

It's more that BBT is one of the worst shows of all time, and is so staggeringly awful at referencing comic-book stuff that they go 'OH, AQUAMAN' and can't even construct a coherent joke out of it.

Also...

vlcsnap-8873.jpg

Imagine if we had to have solo Wolverine, Prof. X, Cyclops, Jean Grey and Storm movies before X-Men 1. Would have been so much better.

Dahbomb

Is that scene with Ben Affleck taking place when Superman is fighting Zod in Metropolis? Or when the machine was doing its thing?

Either way this creates an interesting dynamic where Batman was at ground zero all that time so he saw the destruction first hand. That could be a nice catalyst to his problem with Superman.

Solo

Is this where we pretend that the Marvel movies are beacons of character development?

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Imagine if we had to have solo Wolverine, Prof. X, Cyclops, Jean Grey and Storm movies before X-Men 1. Would have been so much better.

they didnt even need that many solos(excluding Wolvy) just focus on a few mutants and follow the book teams.

-X1 - Cyclops Jean Beast Iceman vs Sentinels(classic)
-Wolvy Solo vs Sabretooth, Deathstrike
-X2 - Wolvy, Storm, Rogue and Kitty joins vs Magneto n Co.
-X3 - Phoenix

witness

Is that scene with Ben Affleck taking place when Superman is fighting Zod in Metropolis? Or when the machine was doing its thing?

Either way this creates an interesting dynamic where Batman was at ground zero all that time so he saw the destruction first hand. That could be a nice catalyst to his problem with Superman.

I love that idea, that would be very very interesting.

Yes, we get it, Aquaman has had loads of over-compensatory badass moments of late.

Of late? He has ALWAYS been like this, he'd be a super-villain if not for the influence of other Justice League members, he's close to Black Panther in that he could conquer the planet if he wished. But one stupid show made by idiots ruined his reputation and ignorant people are like "LOL! AQUAMAN IS SO LAME!"

Ahasverus

The older Batman thing is kind of brilliant. That way they can keep making Batman "prequels" for years without Affleck looking too old.

Wazzy

Banned
I wish people would stop with the "oh this movie is going to be shit because too many characters in the film blah blah"

Look, I wasn't the biggest fan of what is supposed to be MOS2 involving batman but that doesn't mean it's going to be a bad movie nor that it will do terrible.

You don't need to follow the Marvel formula to have a good movie. It could end up awful or it will be really good. Why can't people just wait and see instead of arguing about how Marvel did it better?

I say all of this as a Marvel fan. I'll always prefer them over DC.

Effect

Playing Injustice's story mode, man it's quite good. Reminds me of the Justice Lords plotline in Justice League animated series.

I thought the Justice Lords story was the basis for Injustice just taken much further. That was the first thing that came to mind when Injustice showed up.

Is Justice Lords that one with Ultraman guy? Man I love that episode.

They were all kind of dictators but they weren't full on evil like the Crime Syndicate. It just had a superman that killed. I don't think there was a JL episode with Crime Syndicate, War on Two Worlds is the one with Ultraman/Owlman.

Effect

Is Justice Lords that one with Ultraman guy? Man I love that episode.

No that's Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths which was originally suppose to be a Justice League/Unlimited story that wasn't used. Justice Lords is just a Justice League that started justifying the killing of their enemies. A portal opened to that world and they came over to "our" Justice League's world and tried to take over and bring "order". Like Injustice it starts with Superman killing. In Justice Lords it was
President Lex Luthor

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Opening montage of The World Engine things and what the future Justice Leaguers were doing at the time of Zod's invasion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom