• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gleethor

My bold prediction: we haven't been hearing any casting rumors concerning The Flash because the part has been Matt Damon's for some time and they'll announce it later alongside GL.

DaveH

My bold prediction: we haven't been hearing any casting rumors concerning The Flash because the part has been Matt Damon's for some time and they'll announce it later alongside GL.
Unless they're planning to kill him, he's probably too old. Three movies from now he'll be over fifty. They want to cast younger so they can get franchises out of the actors.

Wiktor

We don't know for sure if Arrow and Flash series will be connected to the movie universe or not.
They hint that it might, then switch and say it might not be all the time.
WB would be stupid not to connect them imo.

God, I hope they won;t connect them. As much as the movie franchise would benefit from it, the shows would suffer and be sagged with shitload of limitations.

monome

Unless they're planning to kill him, he's probably too old. Three movies from now he'll be over fifty. They want to cast younger so they can get franchises out of the actors.

nope.

there is clearly no roadmap beyond Justice League.

WB ambitions, so far, are predictable. they want another Batman-type success but this time with a bigger set of characters since Marvel has changed the game and movie-goers expectations when it comes to superheroes movies.

wetwired

I would love to see a film have nightwing inherit the title, I loved the idea of blakeman for a sequel to TDK just so we could see a different take on batman but still in a continuing universe. There's a ton of themes they could have explored in just inheriting that title/role in the DC universe no to mention the differences Dick being Batman would bring.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

BadAss2961

nope.

there is clearly no roadmap beyond Justice League.

WB ambitions, so far, are predictable. they want another Batman-type success but this time with a bigger set of characters since Marvel has changed the game and movie-goers expectations when it comes to superheroes movies.
How do you know? Once you have a Justice League, that opens up everything else.

But mainly the kids.

Yup.

I thought that video going around was fun to watch, but I LIKE Man of Steel and even my first thought was "If only the rest of the movie was worth sitting the toddler in front of."

But it's not. It's not made for everyone. It's made for 15-45 year old boys, and almost nobody else.

Superman can, and should, appeal to more people than that.

Also, with Goyer out of there, I think the odds of it being called "World's Finest" go up a little bit.

It just makes so much damn sense.

BadAss2961

Yup.

I thought that video going around was fun to watch, but I LIKE Man of Steel and even my first thought was "If only the rest of the movie was worth sitting the toddler in front of."

But it's not. It's not made for everyone. It's made for 15-45 year old boys, and almost nobody else.

Superman can, and should, appeal to more people than that.

Also, with Goyer out of there, I think the odds of it being called "World's Finest" go up a little bit.

It just makes so much damn sense.
It's the most obvious name for the first Batman/Superman movie. Why wouldn't Goyer go with it?

Dem bat ears

shocked-batman-reaction-meme.jpg

They probably want to show it before they start filming and someone leaks them.
Like I said, What are you gonna do. Obviously they have to show it off before it just gets leaked. Just seems ultra early even now. Just saying.

Also means we have to deal with months of nerd rage until we see it in motion.

Some new Synder quotes if anyone cares... Nothing new really.

Comic Book Therapy), Snyder reiterated his long-discussed plan to take cues for "Batman vs. Superman" from Frank Miller's graphic novel "The Dark Knight Returns," though he told the magazine that it would not be a direct adaptation by any means.

"But the comic book will influence the [onscreen] history of Batman Vs. Superman, on which the writer David S. Goyer and myself will work," Snyder told Popcorn.

"Ben brings an interesting counterweight to the performance of Henry in the role of Superman," he told Popcorn. "He has the experience necessary to paint the picture of an older and more advised man than Clark Kent, who bears the scars of a seasoned vigilante while retaining the charm that Bruce Wayne deploys when present in the world."

ugh, still talking about TDKR...

The only thing I liked about the book was the Joker stuff, which doesn't have anything to do with this upcoming movie.

Bit-Bit

Aww snap, what if Batman trains Superman in this movie?

That'd be awesome.

Batman: Clark, we can't afford another Metropolis. I'm going to teach you how to be precise.

Superman: Da fuq? How do you know my name?

Batman: Because I'm the God Damn Batman.

Nameless

Aww snap, what if Batman trains Superman in this movie?

That'd be awesome.

Batman: Clark, we can't afford another Metropolis. I'm going to teach you how to be precise.

Superman: Da fuq? How do you know my name?

Batman: Because I'm the God Damn Batman.

Batman shouldn't say shit to Superman but thank you. If by some miracle he even made it past Faora, Zod would have crushed him like so many insects.

Dunno how reliable they are, but this is interesting for sure if true.

http://www.inquisitr.com/1126648/batman-vs-superman-lex-luthor-jesse-eisenberg/

Lex Luthor has always been cast as an eccentric genius whose confidence allowed him to ignore how physically unmatched he was against Superman.

It seems Jesse Eisenberg won’t need to be any of those things in Batman Vs Superman. Lex Luthor is reportedly being reimagined as a tattooed skinhead street punk, a decision which could easily turn off a lot of DC Comics purists.

Dunno how reliable they are, but this is interesting for sure if true.

Lex Luthor has always been cast as an eccentric genius whose confidence allowed him to ignore how physically unmatched he was against Superman.

It seems Jesse Eisenberg won’t need to be any of those things in Batman Vs Superman. Lex Luthor is reportedly being reimagined as a tattooed skinhead street punk, a decision which could easily turn off a lot of DC Comics purists.

http://www.inquisitr.com/1126648/batman-vs-superman-lex-luthor-jesse-eisenberg/

Synder isn't that stupid to forget he added this to the first movie

tumblr_mus0v29uNp1qdzgcno1_1280.jpg

and if he does forget, then all those people in the city died for nothing.

Synder isn't that stupid to forget he added this to the first movie

tumblr_mus0v29uNp1qdzgcno1_1280.jpg

and if he does forget, then all those people in the city died for nothing.

They could easily make LexCorp a family corporation. I don't know much about Lex origins, but it wouldn't be far fetched that he was born into Wealth and legacy.

Betty

Banned
Batman shouldn't say shit to Superman but thank you. If by some miracle he even made it past Faora, Zod would have crushed him like so many insects.

Actually it's a great idea, one that was touched upon by Max Landis (the guy who wrote Chronicle) when he gave his pitch for a take on how he'd do a Superman movie.

Batman could teach Superman precision, restraint, how to mind his surroundings, and with Batman's martial arts background it could totally work.

Sephzilla

So for the sake of discussion. Can anyone else thing of a more questionably cast big budget movie like this? Not trying to say I think this movie is doomed just because of casting or anything, but it just seems like a bunch of the choices for this movie are really off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom