• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman would look more scary with his mouth covered up

Metalmarc

That pale ass Bat Woman is back in nu52?

Legit one of my favourite costumes ever for a superhero, if not the favourite, and I'm not even a DC guy.

They are Past the Nu52 era now

It's called rebirth, I haven't read anything yet, but I hear good things, I have a bunch of issues in my cart on comixology ready to checkout on Friday my payday.

on-leather-wings-7.jpg

Pau

Bruce does try to walk a fine line of being intimidating enough to criminals but also trustworthy to the people he's trying to help. I liked the scene about it in The New Frontier.

Cass's original costume is still the best.

Slayven

Bruce does try to walk a fine line of being intimidating enough to criminals but also trustworthy to the people he's trying to help. I liked the scene about it in The New Frontier.

Cass's original costume is still the best.

Who?

sarcastor

One of the things that bothered me in Batman v Superman is that he builds this whole mech suit to take on Superman, but he leaves the bottom part of his face unprotected?? I know it's an homage to the Dark Knight Returns, but Supes could just punch Batman in the mouth to take him out.

Like he couldn't punch him through the armor? Or laser beam him from space? Or fly right through at mach 23? Logic doesn't work when there's a guy in spandex fighting crime 🤗🤔

kikiribu

Costumes with covered up mouths are kinda dumb since how you gonna breathe bruh

Poking little holes in your shit ain't enough when you're fighting crime and using up too much oxygen

Tcab96

I really liked the Arkam Knight Batman Beyond skin.

pyvsinM.jpg

Granted, you can still see his mouth a little but it's still pretty good.

Like he couldn't punch him through the armor? Or laser beam him from space? Or fly right through at mach 23? Logic doesn't work when there's a guy in spandex fighting crime 🤗🤔

When Frank Miller wrote that fight, he understood the characters.

A) Clark only allowed the fight to go on as long as it did to humor/patronize Bruce, letting him vent before (presumably) arresting him so he didn't hurt anyone else
B) Bruce knew Clark well enough to know that he wouldn't just insta-gib him or turn his suit into a pretzel. In fact, he was counting on it, as he was stalling for time for Green Arrow to get into position with the Kryptonite.

BvS versions don't know each other at all.

EYEL1NER

I don't mind it being uncovered. He needs to be scary to frighten criminals but he needs a human element to be able to interact with the people he saves.

MrMephistoX

I really think if his mouth was covered up so the whole cowl only showed his eyes he would look less human and more scary.

I mean that's his deal right? Trying to be intimidating?

88f57u.jpg

My photo editing skills suck but you get what I mean.

Already tried and failed...
search

Amalthea

Banned
It would be scarier if he had the mouth not covered but also had no mouth or jaws at all. Just a gaping hole with his larynx sticking out.

Azbats (my profile pic) pulled this look off da best.

Batman Beyond OK too.

The SHFigurearts Injustice Batman figure also includes a cool faceplate.

902237-batman-injustice-version-004.jpg

Top Bottom