• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battle Chasers Nightwar |OT| Party Like its 1998!

toneroni

totally forgot about this. How much did it cost to upgrade to the physical PS4 version?
Is the game stable enough to play now?

Got the game today and the first impression is great :)
As a person who always loved Japanese RPGs, I feel right home there. You can really tell they were inspired by them. The visuals are very nice and have an unique art style for this genre. Nice and weighty battle animations!

It's a shame, that I know, my physical PS4 copy is almost worthless without the patch, because of the many crashes :(

Hope the Switch will get the "definitive" physical version, with the latest patches on the cartridge. Would gladly buy again.

dottme

I’m a baker but I’ll wait for the Switch version.
This game can be so good on Switch that I am ready to wait. But I haven’t seen amy information so it is a disappointment. I would like to know at least if we are talking of weeks or of months of delay.

Vic_Viper

Yea im Necrobumping an OT that hasnt been posted in in over half a year lol!

Picking up the Switch version when it comes out on Tuesday! Got a few questions about Party structure and balance. Since there still doesnt seem to be a way to share XP with benched party members, what is the ideal way to keep your roster balanced level wise? Is there even a way, or do you just stick to one party most of the game?

What are some good Party compositions? Anyone OP still?

Doom85

This may not be very helpful to you Vic_Viper but here goes. I beat the game a few months ago on PS4 and I did fairly well the whole game with the original three party members you begin with (the golem, girl with gauntlets, and the swordsman. Sorry, forgot their names but you should know who I mean). I felt they worked well. Golem kept the team healed. Girl with gauntlets applied some damage while also applying shields which felt essential in some boss fights given the damage output although I was doing all dungeons on Legendary difficulty for the trophy so if you play them on an easier setting shields might not be as essential. Finally the swordsman also adds to the damage but even better his bleed attack adds up as you can stack the bleed effect 3 times which really helps with high HP enemies and ones that shield often.

Great game. The characters/story are really standard but I loved the character/world artstyle (really wish the original comic's trade was still in print) and the battle system was solid. Also dug the side content like the hunts (optional boss battles hidden in various areas) and the arena.

Vic_Viper

This may not be very helpful to you Vic_Viper but here goes. I beat the game a few months ago on PS4 and I did fairly well the whole game with the original three party members you begin with (the golem, girl with gauntlets, and the swordsman. Sorry, forgot their names but you should know who I mean). I felt they worked well. Golem kept the team healed. Girl with gauntlets applied some damage while also applying shields which felt essential in some boss fights given the damage output although I was doing all dungeons on Legendary difficulty for the trophy so if you play them on an easier setting shields might not be as essential. Finally the swordsman also adds to the damage but even better his bleed attack adds up as you can stack the bleed effect 3 times which really helps with high HP enemies and ones that shield often.

Great game. The characters/story are really standard but I loved the character/world artstyle (really wish the original comic's trade was still in print) and the battle system was solid. Also dug the side content like the hunts (optional boss battles hidden in various areas) and the arena.

Thanks. So you didnt have any trouble through the entire game only using those 3 party members? I havent played much, picked up the PS4 version at launch and decided to wait for the portable version after the first dungeon. But I figured there would be a point in the game where you had to switch to a different character at some point lol. Like a situation where a boss might require a certain character with a specific ability set, or something along those lines....

And regarding the Battle Chasers comic: The Complete Colleciton is actually on sale atm at Comixology for only $6.50 here: https://www.comixology.com/Battle-C...lc2t0b3Avc2xpZGVyTGlzdC90b3BSZXN1bHRzU2xpZGVy

Doom85

Oh, I definitely died a few times throughout the game but again I was playing all dungeons on Legendary so that's probably normal on that setting regardless of your team comp. But yeah my team managed to get through the whole game. I just found all three to be very essential with their specialties: heals, shields, and bleed effects. But I bet the other three party members probably have useful abilities so I can't imagine my team was the only viable one. I've heard it's pretty hard to have a bad team comp in this game as all the characters each have a decent amount of specialties.

Thanks for the link, but I'll hold out to see if I ever see it at a second-hand store or at a con or something. I prefer reading physical books personally.

Vawn

Banned
I totally missed this last year. I just noticed it on Switch, but I think I'll grab it soon on PS4.

Top Bottom