• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battle Chasers Nightwar |OT| Party Like its 1998!

Lanrutcon

WHAAAT! Didn't know you could play the entire song!

Did no-one pay attention to the notes you find in that cave?

They run out of food.
They run aground.
The find a giant chest they can't open.
People go missing at night.
People go missing during the day.
People are fighting something out there.
Last entry.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
is this supposed to be the blood fountain for the cathedral thing? because I cant fill it here, I found one of these in my heroic run, and now another. All I get is a item and hurt if I keep reaching in.

A1A15CA2FFB5A2D445A6258F1FE61B68765F0897

edit: nvm found one yay. Also found a cube again, and not only am i not sure if ill risk it seeing what happened last time, I dont even think I have nything to cube >_>

edit: Legendary Garden down, Alumon legendary weapon made, and party at 29 and half. Guess its time for the last arena, and the last dungeon (tomorow).

btw Steam patch is up, 880megs. Speaking of patches, the money to upgrade the shops was grossly overhyped, you make a TON of gold throughout the game, im always sitting on like 60k and ive upgraded everything and bought all the recipe books and shit. That change seems really not needed imo, especially since you wont be doing much high lvl crafting that early anyway.

Kadin

New update is live - http://community.airshipsyndicate.com/t/new-patch-is-live-oct-11-2017/3428

Glad I JUST did my Blacksmith upgrade yesterday. LOL

• The Blacksmith found a bunch of gold in his old apron: Cost to upgrade the Blacksmith has been reduced to 500g for the first upgrade and 2000g for the final upgrade.
  • Vendors became a little less greedy and you can sell items to vendors for slightly more.
  • Fishing comparison display is fixed. We figured actually seeing accurate numbers was a good idea.
  • Perks should always unlock at level 6. If they didn’t unlock for you, you should see them unlocked with this patch now.
  • Getting into combat while interacting with the Surveyor should no longer make you unable to interact with anything when returning from combat
  • The name/description for the items required for Gully’s Ultimate weapon were flipped (Dragon Scales and Dragon Heart Phylactery)
  • Smoothed XP curve for mid to late game to require less replay of dungeons to level up
  • A wider variety of items will be available as loot in chests, especially in early/mid game dungeons when crafting isn’t as accessible
  • Increased gold acquired from creatures, chests, boxes/crates. Also, fixed a bug where minor loot objects (crates, barrels, jars etc) were giving too little gold outside of the first dungeon and Strongmont.
  • Various typo fixes
  • Enchanting Shrine will be guaranteed to spawn in Path of Fangs and Deadwatch.
  • Fix for a bug some people were encountering in which some of the Hunt bosses (sludge mound and king slime) never spawned and players became stuck
  • The room containing The Shade of Belevros in the Iron Outpost should spawn a loooooot more now.
  • Fixed a bug in which Alumon would actually NOT join the party. We found him and forced him back in your party if he wasn’t unlocked for you, and he should be appropriately leveled and not naked
  • Lycelot Alpha Trackers realized they should sometimes whiff their Claw Barrage attack and players will be able to evade its strikes now like any other attack. Also damage of it reduced slightly.
  • Fixed missing name/description for starting weapons for Knolan and Red Monika in New Game Plus.
  • Fixed an error in 2 of Alumon’s perks (Dark Mending II and Sanguine Embrace II) adding 2x the healing they should have (sneaky Alumon)
  • Increased the base level of enemies in NG+
  • Enemies around the Dig on the worldmap will be appropriately leveled
  • You should be able to turn in the Vessel of War and Glorious Vessel of War now if it was stuck for you (you will need to re-kill 10 enemies on your way back to the shrine where you turn it in though)
  • Mantle of Aramus has been changed: Places a damage shield on Gully that absorbs damage. For the next 3 turns, anytime Gully receives damage, she will be healed.
  • Clarification with the Defend II perk on Gully that specifies that the damage reduction is only when using Defend
  • Stun Immunity duration increased to 4 turns from 3 turns after a hero or enemy is stunned.
  • Re-Balanced Crit Damage perks
  • Fixed a bug with the Ring of Lost Love’s thorns value
  • Each Heroes’ Legendary Weapon power has been reduced slightly (still the best weapons in the game!) This fix isn’t retroactive, so if you already have the legendary weapons in that run, they will remain extra crazy.
  • The final boss has grown in power
  • Masteries have been rebalanced across the board
  • Perks/masteries that power up based on overcharge use have been rebalanced
  • Some of the Pirate Captains weren’t spawning, but should now spawn normally
  • Fixed a bug that sometimes caused players to be stuck on the victory screen (especially against Lycelot Bombers)
  • Some bosses will keep a tighter hold of their purses, not letting you pickpocket key items from them
  • Fixed a bug that sometimes caused heroes who gained multiple levels at once to not receive all the perk points they should have. If you’ve been effected by this, you may notice some of your heroes have more perk points than they did before!
  • Fixed a bug that prevented unpurchased hero skins from showing up in NG+
  • Opening the Bestiary in combat with a controller sometimes caused it to auto close. This has been fixed. Using B(on xbox controller) or O(on playstation controller) will close it. (keyboard always worked and hasn’t been changed)
  • Fixed a Bug in which you can get infinite xp from the king slime. We think that’s a little too much xp.
  • Arena rewards were sometimes not being awarded. This has been fixed and if you have been affected by it in the past, when you complete another arena run, any unique items that you should have been awarded and didn’t receive will be given to you. (this means if you had been robbed of something that you could’ve gotten somewhere else like a flask, and you actually got it somewhere else, it won’t be given, but key items like weapons, trinkets, recipes, quest items etc will always be retroactively given)
  • The boss of Deadwatch was incorrectly leveled in NG+ on Mythic Difficulty.

Skulldead

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh is THAT was sanguine embrace II was so good? lol ;_;

also the "rebalancing" of perks and overwatch using perks stinks of Garrison nerfs :(

Dang guys, the Switch delay means I probably won't end up playing this at all. Oct 27th is close, and starting then, it's just going to be a flood of games for the rest of the year and into 2018. Really wanted this to be my first Switch RPG.

Tsukumo

New update is live -
Glad I JUST did my Blacksmith upgrade yesterday. LOL

Aaaaaaaand #NerfGarrison got its way.
To be expected, but still sad. Granted there's so many ways to play him he's still a powerhouse, but it was nice to have a sure-fire way to have a back-up build in case a dungeon happen to be too difficult.
At least they tweaked loot and sell prices upwards. Was already getting a lot of gold with gold coin perks spread across characters and equipment, now I'm probably going to roll in it. Still can figure out if they stack with each other or on the same character.
Glad they left fishing/ shadow coins economy untouched.

Quonny

These crashes are too much.

Great game, but definitely waiting for a patch or two before progressing. Love everything about it but the damn crashes.

Rhaknar

Looks like there might be some issues of loading save files as well so... beware?

Just checked, my save loaded fine.

Also, Garrison's perks have shifted around but they seem the same at first glance, but tbh I dont remember the exact values before lol. Crit Dmg II is 23% now, maybe it was higher before? AP II was moved to the 16 point tier, but it seems if you have 100 or more perks already, you are unaffected? Again, just at first glance, I have to go to work and cant actually do a battle or something.

edit: I did not check the masteries, forgot.

Exentryk

So they nerfed those OC masteries across the board? Damn. Need to see how much lower they've gone. Makes sense tho.

I was surprised how much stuff they managed to put in this patch. They really have good surveillance systems.

Gonna back up my save and update.

Begaria

Just checked, my save loaded fine.

Also, Garrison's perks have shifted around but they seem the same at first glance, but tbh I dont remember the exact values before lol. Crit Dmg II is 23% now, maybe it was higher before? AP II was moved to the 16 point tier, but it seems if you have 100 or more perks already, you are unaffected? Again, just at first glance, I have to go to work and cant actually do a battle or something.

edit: I did not check the masteries, forgot.

I believe it was something ridiculous like 46-48%. So Crit 1 and Crit 2 gave him nearly 60% extra crit damage.

Rhaknar

I believe it was something ridiculous like 46-48%. So Crit 1 and Crit 2 gave him nearly 60% extra crit damage.

crit one is still 5.75% but yeah I think I remember crit II being in the 40s like you said.

or maybe crit 1 was 11% before? hmm

Vic_Viper

Ended up caving and bought the physical PS4 version. I just like having physical copies and wanted to play on the big screen with a controller. Just hope they can fix the corrupted save data problem soon.

Kadin

For anyone wanting to disable vibration with their controller, there's a quick way to do it here.

Basically just need to create a BC.cfg text file and add in 'set rumbleEnabled 0' without the quotes. Save the file and make sure it's in the Steam directory where the BC.exe file is located.

Just tested and works fine. There are some other tweaks you can do as well at the link above.

Rhaknar

really glad im near the end, patch or no patch, going to push hard to finish it today because the Grim Dawn expansion has its hooks on me in unexpected ways. I mainly bought it to play mindlessly at work, but I got super into it and now I want to play it at home aswell lol.

I was never going to play NG+ btw so its all good.

Qvoth

for some reason when my characters use any burst skill, their heads don't show during the cutscene
anybody else got this problem?

Rhaknar

I have three perks that give healing up, so 10 OC triggers all three.

so do I but it seems I only trigger 2, weird.

anyway, Gullibretto skin is cute, Almon's alt skin is fantastic so thats all 3 main members (well mine) with fancy skins (huge wste of coin btw I dont advise but meh), Alumon and Garry with their ultimate weapons (cba with Gully man), all hunts done, arena done, lvl 30 and everyone with at least 100 perks... home stretch here we come.

btw Alumon's dmg with his legendary shield is disgusting, and hes my healer lol.

Lanrutcon

Make sure you are counting the Overcharge heal ups. Otherwise try to re-equip the abilty.

--

Was trying to break the 1 million mark and finally got it!

LegalPopularInsect-max-14mb.gif

Hear that?

That's the sound of Red Monika hanging up her pistols and becoming a school teacher.

How is this game's story/atmosphere?

I am not big on the story having to be amazing, but I am really big on atmosphere, feel, cohesion and a sense of scale in the game world. Note that doesn't have to be literal space, as in 'a big map to run around in', but I like worlds that offer mystery.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Pre-patch:

Crit dmg up 1 : 11,5%
Crit dmg up 2 : 46.5%

What is it post-patch?

BSpot

Looking for general advice. I (perhaps foolishly) opted to do Junktown on Heroic (the middle option for difficulty?) And I am at the Lance Bot and he is just WRECKING shit on me. I had to flee and can tell it is literally impossible to do. I had Level 10 Garrison, Level 10 'Bretto, and Level 10 Knolan.

SirKhalid

The music in the game is really an excellent surprise for me. I came as a fan of the comic book and stayed for the gameplay and music. Good job THQ Nordics! (The entire OST in case you are interested. Personnal favorite is 'when the smoke clears' at 17.34)

I don't think THQ Nordics (Publisher) has anything to do with the music or even gameplay. Your props should go toward Airship Syndicate (Developer) or Clark Powell (Composer).

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Looking for general advice. I (perhaps foolishly) opted to do Junktown on Heroic (the middle option for difficulty?) And I am at the Lance Bot and he is just WRECKING shit on me. I had to flee and can tell it is literally impossible to do. I had Level 10 Garrison, Level 10 'Bretto, and Level 10 Knolan.

No tank?

I'm in the exact same boat, I've now backed out and am trying to level up before reattempting the dungeon 😑

Exentryk

Can I switch party in a Dungeon or do I have to start over with the dungeon?

[edit] BTW I meant Average. Heroic is not open yet.

You can leave the dungeon, change the party, and then RESUME your dungeon. The enemies you've killed won't respawn.

BSpot

Ok so I have Gully back in instead of Knolan. The bigger issue, that I forgot until now, was this thing casts a damage reflection so when I hit him, I do some damage to him, some damage to me, and then when it's HIS turn he does a shit ton of damage on me. How does one do this battle?

[edit] Just got one hit on Gully, WITH my damage shield etc. I guess I have to lower the difficulty? This is impossible.

[edit2] 3 hits from the Lance bot. 3 knock outs. This is impossible on "Average" with 3 Level 10 characters. How lame.

Vic_Viper

Just started and made it to the first Inn and I have a few questions.

Is there anyway to save without having to go back to the main menu while playing? I assume there will be save spots/crystals but I havent run into any yet of course. But is the only save method available atm the save and go back to menu?

Will there be a map of any kind? I know the dungeons are completely randomized, but is there a map that draws as you work your way through?

Should I be looking for secrets along the way when im in the dungeon view like when you first start out as Gully?

What should I sell and what should I be keeping for crafting!?

And Finally, I ripped the sign off the door to the Book of Secrets at the first town. Did I screw up lol? It said someone will remember that, did I mess up my chances for something later on? I feel like I should restart since im still super early anyway.

Rhaknar

Pre-patch:

Crit dmg up 1 : 11,5%
Crit dmg up 2 : 46.5%

What is it post-patch?

rank 1 is 5.75% and rank 2 is 23% or something

Just started and made it to the first Inn and I have a few questions.

Is there anyway to save without having to go back to the main menu while playing? I assume there will be save spots/crystals but I havent run into any yet of course. But is the only save method available atm the save and go back to menu?

Will there be a map of any kind? I know the dungeons are completely randomized, but is there a map that draws as you work your way through?

Should I be looking for secrets along the way when im in the dungeon view like when you first start out as Gully?

What should I sell and what should I be keeping for crafting!?

And Finally, I ripped the sign off the door to the Book of Secrets at the first town. Did I screw up lol? It said someone will remember that, did I mess up my chances for something later on? I feel like I should restart since im still super early anyway.

the game auto saves after pretty much everything, you will see a icon on the lower right corner when its saving.

yes you should explore dungeons to the max...because why wouldnt you? dungeon walls that Gully can bust open have dust coming off them and they shake a little btw.

sell all unused gear, dont sell mterials.

that sign is just a little joke, it affects nothing dont worry. The owner has a line about it and thts it.

Can I switch party in a Dungeon or do I have to start over with the dungeon?

[edit] BTW I meant Average. Heroic is not open yet.

you are confuing the difficulties. Heroic is always open from the start. Normal nd Heroic. "Average" is what the game tells you it is regarding your lvl nd gear and whatnot.

How is this game's story/atmosphere?

I am not big on the story having to be amazing, but I am really big on atmosphere, feel, cohesion and a sense of scale in the game world. Note that doesn't have to be literal space, as in 'a big map to run around in', but I like worlds that offer mystery.

do you like the atmosphere in Darksiders? It's almost the same (minus the angel apoclypse, more usual fantasy fre). Joe Mad has a style and he sticks to it.

Flaboere

I gotta say I'm really liking the game; my crew is lvl 18, and doing fine. I've only had to flee from 1 fight, that was against a Hangman with 2 other mobs, just wasn't possible for me.

But I don't seem to be getting the insane damage numbers it sounds like you guys are getting, but I'm not using Garrison, maybe it's just that. Red Monika doesn't seem to offer the same damage output. Or maybe I'm just building her wrong? I'm trying to stack crit for her, atm. she's only at 19%, but get's some extra % from different skills, and 20% at beginning of combat. I'm very rarely using stealth, as it simply seems to weak, getting pulled out by any damage. And at this point, some enemies automtically deal damage to my entire party every turn.

Any good advice on building Monika?

Also, will I ever be able to enchant in
the town? Now I can craft gear and potions, but no option to upgrade enchanter.

I don't think THQ Nordics (Publisher) has anything to do with the music or even gameplay. Your props should go toward Airship Syndicate (Developer) or Clark Powell (Composer).

That's the problem of forums, you have no idea who you are talking to :)

I am actually congratulating the publisher for the whole package, what they approved/pushed/licensed/challenged/funded/etc in the past few months. - a package which includes the choice of composers/and trusting a studio to make the game :)

Rhaknar

qQitqAP.png

and done :D

ended up doing dungeon 8 heroic/legendary back to back, then did some high lvl crafting of gear for my main dudes and best enchants, and finished it.

Game was fantastic imo, gimme dat
Varus focused
sequel Joeeeeeeeeee!

Anyone else have an issue where enemies that you KO don't leave and instead follow you around the dungeon attacking you? It's very irritating.

Top Bottom