• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battle Chasers Nightwar |OT| Party Like its 1998!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
My Garrison was at 17 stacks at the end. :s

mine was at 10, I tried to get the other guys to get some killing blows on the weaker guys ;_;

still, easy enough, heroic whatever that place was called down (dungeon 6). I never actually did any of the normal dungeons, I went straight to heroic from the start, wonder if thats why some had trouble with xp? /shrug

miserable

so I just lost about a day's worth of playtime because of a crash wich corrupted the save. Last backup I made was around this time yesterday. Since then I had a couple of crashes but I didn't make a new backup cause I wanted to get back asap to playing. (PS4 version btw, and I don't have Plus so I have to always make manual backups on USB)

I'm done with the game until the patch comes out AND it's confirmed crash-free. A shame because I really like it but I can't waste my time like this on a grindy game.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
aw man, I actually failed the lvl 21 arena challenge :/

ran out of time at the last boss, its bullshit cause the previous one is the slime that splits, and I killed it like 3 times over, but it was always at 1 health.

Still got that Garrison sword tho with a bunch of crit. Too bad its blue, and I havent found one of those event chests that upgrde your shit in ages :(

cevion

So I've found them in pretty much every dungeon. In the second last dungeon, I've found the legendary version too.

Damn, I only found them once, and that was in the second dungeon, and I explore every nook and cranny.

Wow, there's a legendary version too :0 Gotta hunt for those teleporters when I can sit down and play again.

Alumon crits for only around 7k with Devastator II. :(

But Alu is a healer, who also get's 3 turns worth of 20% DR (35% with perk) after using a basic attack (casting a spell). So I'm fine with Monika hitting a little harder. She also has to go into stealth before she can crit as hard. I think Alumon is a little bit OP tbh, but I love using him on my team :] So. Frickin. Versatile.

Btw, I wonder how the game calculates your AP/crit/defense etc. when you stack it through multiple perks. It goes MUCH higher than it's "supposed to"/ than I'm expecting it to. (I mean, count it additive or multiplicative, still doesn't add up - zeh numbers go way, way up :p) I'm not familiar with this magic math oO

Alastor3

hmm should I read the comics before playing this game if it's the conclusion? I know nothing about the serie but the art is good.

Rhaknar

Alumon's heals + shields from overheals are so fucking good.

hmm should I read the comics before playing this game if it's the conclusion? I know nothing about the serie but the art is good.

not really, all you need to know is they are a rag tag band of adventurers, thats it. There was only 9 issues of the comic anyway, it barely had a story.

Latest update on PS4 crash patch:

Update 10/10:
We’re making good headway on a solution for the bug, and are optimistic we can get it to Sony for testing soon. We’re also trying to add additional safeguards that’ll make it far less likely for saves to be corrupted during any crash, just in case a fluke bug happens after the patch. Thanks for all the patience and support everyone, we’re making progress!

http://community.airshipsyndicate.com/t/playstation-4-technical-problem-update/3268

Flaboere

It sounds like everyone is using Garret and Alumon, i'm rolling with Bretto, Gully and Monika, am I screwed? Do i swap Bretto or Gully for Alumon? I'm not really sure if he's a healer or tank or...?

Ricker

This game is sold out at retail everywhere around here...and its one of the rare games that's actually 10 dollars less(CAD) then a digital copy,30 instead of 40,thats why I am waiting for more copies to show up to grab it,plus the patch...

Rhaknar

It sounds like everyone is using Garret and Alumon, i'm rolling with Bretto, Gully and Monika, am I screwed? Do i swap Bretto or Gully for Alumon? I'm not really sure if he's a healer or tank or...?

You are not screwed in the slightest, in fact you are pretty much using the "perfect" team. A Tank (Gully), a healer (Bretto) and a DPS (Monika)

I just use Garrison instead of Monika and Alumon instead of Bretto. Other's have much more funky comps, like not using Gully at all which sounds crazy but it works, as you can see in the picture spiritreaver posted in the previous page (notice he is almost max lvl, so clearly its working for him)

E8wqetJ.png

BSpot

I've been playing this bit by bit in my limited spare time. I am where I need to bypass that cannon blocking my way and it says I need to cut through the Siege Coast Mountains. I cannot find them. The Exclamation point merely points to the cannon and I cannot access it directly head on north of the town.

Help?

KiraXD

I've been playing this bit by bit in my limited spare time. I am where I need to bypass that cannon blocking my way and it says I need to cut through the Siege Coast Mountains. I cannot find them. The Exclamation point merely points to the cannon and I cannot access it directly head on north of the town.

Help?

I believe someone in town tells you you have to head south of the cannon to the arena looking dungeon(its the lycelot dungeon i forget what its called),
you clear it of the bannermen and
can pass and approach the cannon from the south

Rhaknar

Legendary Strongmont down, lucked out on a upgrade cube so made my Garrison word epic now (its still only lvl 21 tho). Also picked up the scroll to make his ultimate weapon somewhere /shrug

Only 2 dungeons left ;_;

BSpot

I believe someone in town tells you you have to head south of the cannon to the arena looking dungeon(its the lycelot dungeon i forget what its called),
you clear it of the bannermen and
can pass and approach the cannon from the south
Path of fangs? I did that but maybe I didn’t do every room? I got all the bannermen/fires.

Thanks for confirming.

SirKhalid

Path of fangs? I did that but maybe I didn't do every room? I got all the bannermen/fires.

Thanks for confirming.

After that you are suppose to go back to the middle part of the dungeon and beat the boss, then in the world map, you will be able to go up.

Begaria

lol, well, that was a dick move by the devs.

There's an area in the Moors in which a piano rests...

I played all three pieces of the jig, got the three treasures. I should've realized what was up when the last one popped a level 25 weapon. Played the entire song and spawned a big chest. Went up to the chest, popped it, and suddenly my level 23 party is fighting a level 28 Mimic which proceeds to two shot my entire party with its poison.

That'll learn me.

Also, holy shit, I beat the Veteran Arena with 4 seconds to spare. I thought I had beaten it, but there was a third wave which surprised me at 2 minutes left. Got a crit for the win!

melkier33

I played all three pieces of the jig, got the three treasures. I should've realized what was up when the last one popped a level 25 weapon. Played the entire song and spawned a big chest. Went up to the chest, popped it, and suddenly my level 23 party is fighting a level 28 Mimic which proceeds to two shot my entire party with its poison.

That'll learn me.

Also, holy shit, I beat the Veteran Arena with 4 seconds to spare. I thought I had beaten it, but there was a third wave which surprised me at 2 minutes left. Got a crit for the win!

Hah didn't you you could play the whole thing, that explains how to get that on my bestiary, thanks.

Maddrical

Started this last night, I kickstarted it the day it came out but kind of lost interest. Enjoying it so far but jeez the PS4 version seems to suffer from some frame rate issues & mediocre loading times, 'tis a bit annoying. Haven't played a turn based RPG in about 5 years so it's been refreshing to play so far, really enjoying myself. I think I'll burn myself out like I usually do on lengthy games, but for now, it's good fun and I'm glad I backed it :)

Vic_Viper

Is the PC version the preferred version atm over the PS4? My Gamestop has a copy of the physical PS4 version and I have a $15 off coupon but if there are alot of issues on PS4 I can just get it for PC eventually.

Are these problems only on PS4 Pro or all PS4s?

shmoglish

Is the PC version the preferred version atm over the PS4? My Gamestop has a copy of the physical PS4 version and I have a $15 off coupon but if there are alot of issues on PS4 I can just get it for PC eventually.

I cant say anything about the Pc version so my answer might be not that helpful, but in 20 hours I had 5-6 crashes on Ps4. The loading times can also be very long, especially after loading a savegame. At least the problems with the loading times may be not that big on a good rig.

(Playing on a Ps4 Pro)

Burt

PC version is pretty much rock solid. Had a buttery smooth experience with it personally.

PS4 seems to be having crash issues at the moment, but they're working on it for a patch soon. Someone in here posted their official response about it earlier.

Finaika

You can play the PC version in 4K @ 300fps.

Begaria

Only one crash for me on PC in the 32 hours of playtime and it only happened when I was save/exiting the game. Also, I get some major map stutter in the Moors (6th dungeon area), but not anywhere else in the game.

Rhaknar

So how do I get that
mana
thing to
make the special core to repair the twin robots
? Its the only hunt I'm missing.

I'm finally getting this game later on today! I'll be able to dig into it on Thursday, but after having bought and read the comic earlier last month, I'll be very eager to play around with this!!

Exentryk

Decided to change my party lineup from Calibretto/Gully/Garrison to something else just to try out the other characters. Grinded out a bunch of perk points via fishing and resting, and levelled everyone up. The new team now is actually really really strong. Going to take it out to the next dungeon to get more experience with them, but I don't see anything troubling this team.

Is the OST incomplete? I swear there's songs not on it that I'm looking for. Notably Winterveil overworld theme. I swear I've gone through every song.

EDIT: Nevermind found it finally. It's at the very end. .

Just took the cannon out last night. When does the story get going? So far so *yaaawn*.

Took on
Sewer Slime
: X_x

Took on
Fire Lord
: x_X

Rhaknar

welp... used a cube I found in dungeon 7, cant find it again. I've scoured the whole place twice now. The problem is that how prone the game is to bugs, I dont know if this is a bug or not. Its really pissing me off

Turn-based Souls anyone?

PersonalGaseousCricket-max-14mb.gif

and speaking of that place, I didnt find the
pool of blood to dip the chalice that you get there in dungeon 7
so...fuck. Hopefully in my legendary run ill find it.

edit: gave up, spent like an hour looking for the stupid thing, probably bugged tbh, oh well, guess ill use a shittier weapon for Gully for awhile >_>

edit: Garrison's alternate skin looks awful, thats a waste of 100 marks >_> Its a nod to something, but I forget what. I think some character from Bttle Chasers comic, bad guy I think. Still looks bad tho.

welp... used a cube I found in dungeon 7, cant find it again. I've scoured the whole place twice now. The problem is that how prone the game is to bugs, I dont know if this is a bug or not. Its really pissing me off

and speaking of that place, I didnt find the
pool of blood to dip the chalice that you get there in dungeon 7
so...fuck. Hopefully in my legendary run ill find it.

edit: gave up, spent like an hour looking for the stupid thing, probably bugged tbh, oh well, guess ill use a shittier weapon for Gully for awhile >_>

edit: Garrison's alternate skin looks awful, thats a waste of 100 marks >_> Its a nod to something, but I forget what. I think some character from Bttle Chasers comic, bad guy I think. Still looks bad tho.
That sucks about the fountain. I've run into it twice, it's the vampire fangs I can't get. I have bad luck getting the vamps to spawn even running Crimson multiple times.

I just need one more fang. :\

Rhaknar

does the game end when you do the 8th dungeon or can you still do stuff? Like I dont have the materials for these ultimte weapons and shit yet.

My party is lvl 27, almost 28, I still hve crimson garden legendary to do before tackling the 8th dungeon.

Lanrutcon

does the game end when you do the 8th dungeon or can you still do stuff? Like I dont have the materials for these ultimte weapons and shit yet.

My party is lvl 27, almost 28, I still hve crimson garden legendary to do before tackling the 8th dungeon.

Go do your legendary weapons, slacker.

Rhaknar

Go do your legendary weapons, slacker.

I JUST asked how...

edit: nvm was missing a obvious lever. So, about dem ultimate weapons? Like for gully I need dragon materials, I int seen no dragons! I only really care for Gully, Garrison and Alumon tbh, I wont be lvling the rest at this point.

Lanrutcon

I JUST asked how...

Also, getting these
3 chests in the maze
seems impossible. Yes, yes of course its not impossible, but I sure cant figure it out.

Took me about 5 tries to figure out the optimal path. You want to head west, grab the lone platet, then hit the switch, go through the gate, etc. The switches that open gates essentially clue you in to the paths. They are not optional. When you find the path, you can get all three plates with an entire bell ring to spare, without using Garrison's charge to increase your speed.

All Legendary weapons can be gotten at the point you're at, and the legendary crafting books you find in a certain place give you all the hints you need.

Exentryk

I think there were
3 spots
where you could fill
up the blood
. Think I found 'em all, but need to go back there see what happens.

For the maze,
I luckily went left the first time through. Only took couple of tries to get them all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDp2i69qi9g

This 7th dungeon is currently my favourite out of them all; really beautiful, amazing atmosphere, and an interesting story too.

ElasticUnknownDouglasfirbarkbeetle.gif

Rhaknar

All Legendary weapons can be gotten at the point you're at, and the legendary crafting books you find in a certain place give you all the hints you need.

if by a certain place you mean the
cathedral
, I only got 3 books there?

Lanrutcon

if by a certain place you mean the
cathedral
, I only got 3 books there?

The cathedral has it all, yeah. Check your journal: it should have an entry per weapon, but I think some of the books in the cathedral has multiple weapons per book.

The only kinda confusing entry was Gully's, but they added a hint in the relevant dungeon.

Exentryk

7th Dungeon done! Such an amazing experience! Really neat story about
Verus

The boss of the dungeon didn't even get a single move, lol. The new party of Alumon/Garrison/Knolan is too strong. I was level 27 though (lv 25 boss).

Anyway, will figure out legendary weapons and the remaining two hunts tomorrow before going to the next dungeon.

Rhaknar

The cathedral has it all, yeah. Check your journal: it should have an entry per weapon, but I think some of the books in the cathedral has multiple weapons per book.

The only kinda confusing entry was Gully's, but they added a hint in the relevant dungeon.

somehow I completely missed the right side lol. So I think im SOL with Gully, I didnt do that event thing so the boss didnt spawn in deadwatch later, either way I cannot be arsed to do that shit again in the hopes it spawns etc.

Garrison im close, I only need the thing from the Arena. And Alumon I need the vampire blood, which my crimson garden fucked me over the first time, hopefully it wont when I run legendary.

Lanrutcon

somehow I completely missed the right side lol. So I think im SOL with Gully, I didnt do that event thing so the boss didnt spawn in deadwatch later, either way I cannot be arsed to do that shit again in the hopes it spawns etc.

Garrison im close, I only need the thing from the Arena. And Alumon I need the vampire blood, which my crimson garden fucked me over the first time, hopefully it wont when I run legendary.

I got the vampire blood second run (it's a random spawn). Gully's quest is getting patched, and Garrison's is a cakewalk at lvl 28. Just put the arena to maximum difficulty, and then go in hard. Completing the arena within the timeframe on maximum difficulty gets you all the rewards.

Ocirus

I've spent ~30 hours in the game now, and other than the crashes it's been absolutely great! It's been a nice diversion from Destiny 2 after hitting the content wall. Can't wait to dip back in tonight!

SigEpTendo

Neo Member
Hello friends,

For those on PS4, can anyone comment on how this game plays via Vita remote play? Will the missing shoulder buttons be a hindrance?

Exentryk

Hello friends,

For those on PS4, can anyone comment on how this game plays via Vita remote play? Will the missing shoulder buttons be a hindrance?

The L2/R2 buttons are used to switch tabs on the menu, so yeah, it would be a major hindrance. No idea about remote play aspect though.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

That'll learn me.

WHAAAT! Didn't know you could play the entire song!

Top Bottom