• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 Early access,Road to Battlefield 1 streams (BF1 prior release thread)

Orcus

WTF!?!? How do you get to play with EA Access on XBox One? When I go to the EA Access app and game trials it only shows it as coming soon. If I try and launch the game from preorder it says I have to wait... Help me Gaf, you're my only hope!

dopemethodz

Neo Member
WTF!?!? How do you get to play with EA Access on XBox One? When I go to the EA Access app and game trials it only shows it as coming soon. If I try and launch the game from preorder it says I have to wait... Help me Gaf, you're my only hope!

go to the standard edition of bf1 in the xbox store. it should say something about free trial

Head to BF1 coming soon page and click on Game Detail, download the gm.enjoy.

Shooting other planes and doing strafing runs shooting infantry/ground vehicles while in the front gunner seat of the bomber is sooooo damn satisfying. The only problem is finding a pilot who either won't abandon the piloting the plane, or won't accidentally crash it into the ground.

jaaz

Amiens is crazier than St. Quentin Scar, I am so lost. How do people seem to know these maps so well already?

So since the game has proper aim-assist for controllers on PC
WHOEVER AT DICE GOT THIS ADDED I LOVE YOU
I went ahead and preordered, but I have two BF1 icons in my game library with the new one saying preload on the 14th. Will the trial one just merge into the other one?

wbEMX

I know that there can be a lot of cynicism for that pigeon scene, but my god. That alone was so beautiful. Lets me forget how horrible the BF4 campaign was.

Campaign is going to be the best since bad company from what I played. The tone of everything seems to strike a good balance between historical and Hollywood without ever straying into disrespectful territory. It's not groundbreaking or even outstanding, but I can't wait to see every bit of it and get that WWI experience.

The few multi-player matches I played went a long way toward getting rid of my fear that every map would be like the desert one in the beta. I played three different maps that were all light-years better.

I can't wait for this game.

Orcus

It's fucking awesome!

I sure hope they can quickly quash the "play trial" pop up bug. I also ran into some bug that just turned everything, menus, game, and spawn screen into a slide show. I had to quit and restart the game to get it to go away.

Does the game really need to pause every five minutes to let me know it's a trial? It's getting really annoying.

Gm is GOAT of GOATs but im done playing and wasting trial clock of this idiotic bs. How did this slipped through cert is beyond me.

I'll wait for a fix, if they'll ever do that is.

Pastry

Banned
For those of you that can't play or already used your 10 hours.

There is a community mission in BF4 that gets you a skin for a gun in BF1. Super easy to do on hardcore mode.

Bsigg12

For those of you that can't play or already used your 10 hours.

There is a community mission in BF4 that gets you a skin for a gun in BF1. Super easy to do on hardcore mode.

It's really ridiculous but if you wanted more 10 hour blocks, I believe the trick some people who play Madden and FIFA Ultimate Team do and add a one month sub to a spare gamertag and use the time from that account while on your main will work here.

TheRed

This game in MP maxes out my CPU like no other and causes framedrops. Can't get smooth 60 fps, drops frequently to 40s, especially on St.Quentin's Scar.

i5 4670k @ 4.2 ghz

Pretty annoying because the 1080 eats the game up for graphics. I feel like it shouldn't be a bottleneck this dramatically if the game runs on consoles. The thing is still an above $200 cpu.

I'm really not ready for a cpu upgrade until next year so it'll be a bummer if i keep getting bad performance.

Will try bumping up overclock slightly.

Kalentan

That pigeon sequence it's what i always wanted to experience, mesmerizing.

image.php

Sorry, I could not resist.

RoKKeR

Much more polished than the beta, and love getting to play some different maps. St. Quintin Scar is incredible. That small desert map that kind of looks like Oasis visually turned into a pretty severe base rape situation... Way too linear at first glance.

So are skins the only thing you get from Battle packs?

This game in MP maxes out my CPU like no other and causes framedrops. Can't get smooth 60 fps, drops frequently to 40s, especially on St.Quentin's Scar.

i5 4670k @ 4.2 ghz

Pretty annoying because the 1080 eats the game up for graphics. I feel like it shouldn't be a bottleneck this dramatically if the game runs on consoles. The thing is still an above $200 cpu.

I'm really not ready for a cpu upgrade until next year so it'll be a bummer if i keep getting bad performance.

Will try bumping up overclock slightly.

The same happens to me with an i5 6600k @ 4.6ghz, no problem getting >90fps at 1440p on ultra but sometimes there's some visibile freeze when the cpu load reach 100%.

xVodevil

These kind of visuals in a huge multiplayer game with destruction and vechicles all over is just too good. Just bought the Premium Pass because of this trial and the 10% off thats available in Origin access.
I bought the standard edition for $45 on cdkeys and the pass for $45 so altogether I'm happy with $90 total dollars for all of the main content that will ever come to the game. I don't need the early release and battlepacks and skins that make the Ultimate edition $130.

Well, I'm not an access subscriber, I've only spent 4€ for this 10 hours, so buying the Premium would only save me 1€ :D I guess I'll wait for a sale. Anyways the first pack hits earliest in march, so I've got plenty of time.
But I'm glad in the end I went with this game, that desert put me off, but this city map, that I've jumped into this morning was pretty awesome.

sTiTcH AU

The Xbox must be running a dynamic resolution. I swear at the start of one of the maps (suez i believe) that it was @ 1080p and then quickly went down once shit started going crazy.

In comparison to BF4 and Hardline, the visuals of this game are incredible.

Does the game really need to pause every five minutes to let me know it's a trial? It's getting really annoying.

This and almost Always in the Most shitties situationeel.

The Xbox must be running a dynamic resolution. I swear at the start of one of the maps (suez i believe) that it was @ 1080p and then quickly went down once shit started going crazy.

In comparison to BF4 and Hardline, the visuals of this game are incredible.

The game looks better and cleaner then the beta on x1.

Top Bottom