• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 Early access,Road to Battlefield 1 streams (BF1 prior release thread)

Much better than BF4.

This is the best looking multiplayer FPS I've ever played. Mind-blowing on ultra. Wow.

It's magic what DICE are pulling off in MP with 64 player madness on a massive map.
If I could show 15 year old me this game he'd think it's light years in the future lol.

Hats off to the DICE engineers,artists and coders.

Amien is the best map in the game.

That urban warfare... wow.

I did not expect to enjoy this game this much. I'm so happy that DICE decided to turn back the clock. It feels so fresh.

I'm just happy they managed to actually include the BF theme in the menu this time.

Though, there seems to be a variety of themes.

Oh and the fact the game is dammmmmmmn good.

psn

Do you get another 10 hours of gameplay if you preorder after the origin access trial ended?

Impulsor

I absolutely SUCK at this game with a mouse and keyboard. I always get wrecked even if I have the advantage and started shooting first.

I'm getting constantly and quickly killed, which pretty much annoys me to no end as I feel like I'm not playing a game.

Any tips?

Lulu23

How's the framerate when playing 64 player conquest on XBox One? I'm scared the console versions will stutter and fluctuate like BF4 still does.

sTiTcH AU

Played a few matches on Xbox One, the FPS does fluctuate but it is nowhere near unplayable. It certainly feels like a massive improvement over BF4 and Hardline in terms of graphics and fps.

AxiomThunder

Neo Member
I can only get the multiplayer to run at 60 fps on low, but I can run ultra at 30. Should I just leave it low or learn to play at 30?

Alienous

I can only get the multiplayer to run at 60 fps on low, but I can run ultra at 30. Should I just leave it low or learn to play at 30?

You'll probably curse your framerate after every death if you play at 30.

It seems like playing on low settings for multiplayer would be the better option.

This game is absolutely incredible. I knew what to expect having played the beta but was still blown away. The graphics, sound design and gameplay are all on point. Feels dirty and chaotic most of the time.

It also runs flawlessly. Nothing but good things to say so far.

Yoday

Damn. PS4 won't be better I reckon. PS4 Pro is my last hope.
Honestly, I expect the standard PS4 version to run worse in large matches. The slowdown is most likely CPU bound, as whenever I get a frame rate dip it tends to retain the higher resolutions on XBO. If I remember right BF4 ran slightly better on XBO for that very reason.

Either way, it doesn't run great in large matches, but it's much better than BF4.

Ozorov

Honestly, I expect the standard PS4 version to run worse in large matches. The slowdown is most likely CPU bound, as whenever I get a frame rate dip it tends to retain the higher resolutions on XBO. If I remember right BF4 ran slightly better on XBO for that very reason.

Either way, it doesn't run great in large matches, but it's much better than BF4.

Wasn't BF4 720P on X1 and 900P on PS4?

Top Bottom