• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 Early access,Road to Battlefield 1 streams (BF1 prior release thread)

Archpath1

I think accuracy in general is a off from what we had in the beta
Makes me sad

That lever Russian is cool when going mid range ,still trying out these other rifles in scout class

Amiens is a dream come true for me. Was rushing through the town with my friends and another squad and had warm fuzzy flashbacks about Allied Assault, BF1942 and Day of Defeat pre-retail.

Scar just blows my mind. Can't believe maps like that are actually playable with 64 players + vehicles + planes.

Not my screenshot but

CosJcsr.jpg

Played Operations last night with a couple of GAF here on PC. I think Operations is gonna be the mode I play the most on release. I really enjoyed it. It's really intense the whole time, especially when you essentially have to stay in the trenches as anyone that tries to cross through no-man's land is dead. Though it does feel a bit unbalanced in that one side gets an insane amount of vehicles for the first couple of early rounds before both sides finally get a decent amount of vehicles.

manfestival

Really? But it can't be anywhere near as shallow right?

there is more game so far but the trial is supposedly limited. I am just concerned about post release content. It is fun just like battlefront is but I have a few questions about the content multiplayer wise.

the single player is a plus but I havent tried it yet

The ground textures bother me in 4- amongst a number of things. The first thing I did when I played the beta was look at the ground and OMG that sand looked good!

I tried not to get BF1 because it eats up my game time and I wanted to play more different games, but heck, if other games can't win over my attention, then so be it. The point is entertainment anyway and I have a lot of fun with BF games.

I may try For Honor, but Andromeda is what I am excited about MP-wise. I don't even know what its MP is, but it's the next Mass Effect.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I really recommend people to watch this on YT about WW1. For every year starting in 1914 there is a vid. Its really well explained (great voice also) in about 12 min and has great graphics also so its easy to understand. I know alot of people didnt learn much about WW1 in school compared to WW2. And this really helps. Do yourself a favor. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbwH1ZBnYds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSzHDW0IsoE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-b746J2SdI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zz0Wz-o4dTI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zapbLqZUwrA

Thanks for this. Giving it a watch now, hated how school never did anything on this war.

Not my screenshot but

CosJcsr.jpg

Looks pretty good, but tbh the graphics don't blow me away, especially coming from Battlefront. I don't think that's really DICE's fault, it's just the current state of the industry. The current consoles aren't that powerful, and a lot of processing power is going to be used for 4K. I hope the 4K transition will be over fast, and maybe HDR can bridge the time until the real next gen with better effects / lighting.

4K also is long overdue imo. Even 2560x1440 just doesn't cut it anymore. Without AA, the aliasing in modern Frostbite games is insane. FXAA is basically worthless, and TAA is too blurry imo. I liked it in Deus Ex, it was a good fit for the art style, and the sharpening helped also. For BF1 I'm currently playing at 2560x1440 with 150% resolution scale, which looks fine. It's a little bit disappointing that you have to run all those modern games at such high resolutions to get the clean / sharp look we had in older games, but that's probably the price we have to pay for new effects etc.

Trying to get banned post more like.

Hahahah wow.

So if someone merely finds the game "ok", he should be banned? Wtf?

v1lla21

People suck.
Been playing on xbox and no one is reviving nor trying to capture in conquest. Been playing domination and found an okay group.

WillyFive

Gemüsepizza;220298446 said:
Hahahah wow.

So if someone merely finds the game "ok", he should be banned? Wtf?

I think that was now due to the Battlefront comment, which had been a long running troll since DICE got the series a few years ago; usually by people that haven't played either game saying that they are both copies of one another. Of course, although there original Battlefront games were copies of Battlefield, DICE's game was dramatically different, which is why comments like that aren't easily tolerated.

psn

How is it done? Can you clarify please.
Thanks

I used a VPN (Asia, Kamchatka for example is +12hrs UTC). Might be +20hrs for NA, depends on your location.

https://www.timeanddate.com/time/map/

You close origin, log into your VPN (has to be a good one or else it will fail. I think I used Hotspotshield) and then you reopen Origin and just play the game once. You can close the VPN connection after you logged in so you keep your good ping while playing multi.

This game is incredible.

It captures the feeling of being on a chaotic battlefield, or at least what I feel like it could be like.

That's why I like battlefield even though it can be random and you die a lot and lose, it's more about the experience than winning.

v1lla21

This game is incredible.

It captures the feeling of being on a chaotic battlefield, or at least what I feel like it could be like.

That's why I like battlefield even though it can be random and you die a lot and lose, it's more about the experience than winning.
Yeah, especially in conquest. Sometimes I just start running for my life with explosions around me and dudes getting shot.

I was facing off against 3 people and I got two of them. I was about to die so I ran back into the building and started healing. Guy comes bursting in as I'm prone in a corner, and caught me by surprise as I didn't expect him to rush me. I was reloading and he got a couple of shots on me but my Teammate killed him. I thought everything was cool and went outside just to be greeted by a tank that ran me over. My heart was beating so fast. Lol.

Sadly this seems to be how launches usually go.
Yup :( it was expected but I'm baffled that there's people that are around rank 20 and still don't play properly. Lol. Still having a lot of fun though.

leng jai

I'm surprised at how often people revive, seems like it happens way more often than the previous games. I probably get upped around 50% of my deaths provided I don't lone wolf to the other side of the map.

WillyFive

I'm surprised at how often people revive, seems like it happens way more often than the previous games. I probably get upped around 50% of my deaths provided I don't lone wolf to the other side of the map.

Better HUD for finding people in need of help + the super quick animations for reviving without needing to recharge means it's a lot easier to do than before.

Just ordered this for PS4. Haven't played a battlefield since bad company 2, so I am extremely excited. Especially since this has been getting a lot of buzz and I'm pretty much going in blind.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
This game is incredible.

This game on operations gives me goosebumps. It's the closest I've ever felt to playing the battle scenes from Saving Private Ryan. To the point where it's actually kinda creepy how overwhelming the atmosphere can be at times.

Top Bottom