• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 Early access,Road to Battlefield 1 streams (BF1 prior release thread)

Afro

Last one before launch. I really need that photo mode. Game deserves its own photo mode thread come launch.

Downsampled from 6600x2750 (thanks again to jim2point0 for the custom rez guide):

testtns13.jpg

I can run the game at 1080p 60fps on ultra but I get huge frame drops from time to time and stutter. Are we waiting on drivers? Is this a known issue? Makes me hesitant to buy the game. i7 6700, gtx 970, fyi. I only have 8gb ram, but even so reducing the settings the same stuff happens.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
I am definitely going to grab this game the week after release (going to be at a wedding the weekend of release).

Is it worth pre-ording this game for the standard edition? Is this game a sure-fire winner? It's been awhile since i played a shooter game and I am looking to make the plunge.

Vorheez

So, from what I could gather, this sucker is supposed to unlock for us early enlister people at 12 am eastern time, but the ps4 dashboard is saying midnight tomorrow when it should be 9pm...

Does anyone know what's going on here? The info page on psn store specifically said 12am eastern time, and my preorder receipt even said "play at 9pm on 17/10. I hope that's still true.

Schlorgan

So they can sell the early higher price editions earlier in the week. :D

Infinite Warfare, I think, is coming out on a Friday. Do they have early access for the higher priced versions (outside of the MW campaign?)

So, from what I could gather, this sucker is supposed to unlock for us early enlister people at 12 am eastern time, but the ps4 dashboard is saying midnight tomorrow when it should be 9pm...

Does anyone know what's going on here? The info page on psn store specifically said 12am eastern time, and my preorder receipt even said "play at 9pm on 17/10. I hope that's still true.

What timezone are you in? I'm on MST and Origin says it unlocks at 10pm Monday.

So they can sell the early higher price editions earlier in the week. :D

Yeah, it's pretty disgusting tbh, but there are ravenous fans that will gladly drop the extra $$$ to play a little earlier than everyone else.

Thanks to GMG, I got the standard-ass standard edition for cheaper, and will happily wait for the normal release date.

leng jai

When I complained about this early access crap in Horizon 3 people were like - "it makes no difference, games always come out on Tuesday and the Ultimate Edition is just 3 days before that as a bonus." So now Battlefield 1 is out on Friday and "Early Enlisters" get to play on Tuesday. Hmmm?

i saw this, as well. everywhere i've read says it unlocks at midnight eastern time, which should be 11pm central time for me..but the timer will not unlock until 2am.

Theorry

Infinite Warfare, I think, is coming out on a Friday. Do they have early access for the higher priced versions (outside of the MW campaign?)

Oh i dont know really. Dont pay alot of attention to COD

Yeah, it's pretty disgusting tbh, but there are ravenous fans that will gladly drop the extra $$$ to play a little earlier than everyone else.

Thanks to GMG, I got the standard-ass standard edition for cheaper, and will happily wait for the normal release date.

Yeah me to. Have the normal edition. But bought it from the singapore store. So i can play thursday already.

Vorheez

What timezone are you in? I'm on MST and Origin says it unlocks at 10pm Monday.
I'm MST time too, so mine should actually be 10pm, just like yourself. A friend and mine's both say midnight tomorrow though :/. That's lame.

i saw this, as well. everywhere i've read says it unlocks at midnight eastern time, which should be 11pm central time for me..but the timer will not unlock until 2am.

Yeah, it sucks ass. I hope it gets resolved. Does anyone know if they're aware of it?

Jira

When I complained about this early access crap in Horizon 3 people were like - "it makes no difference, games always come out on Tuesday and the Ultimate Edition is just 3 days before that as a bonus." So now Battlefield 1 is out on Friday and "Early Enlisters" get to play on Tuesday. Hmmm?

After playing the Beta months back or whenever it was, I wasn't even going to get the game. When I saw the EA stuff for $5 I decided why not? Tried it and really fell in love with Operations. I think them doing some kind of re-balancing made me actually like the game more versus Beta. Also, the feeling of Operations is what I've always wanted Battlefield to actually be. It's already become my favorite Battlefield (even if Suez sucks as a map). It feels more like this epic movie than getting camped by some 12 year old with a sniper rifle. A lot of it has to do with presentation and their use of sound design. I was just going to buy the standard but then I saw you could get the game early for $10 more and because I was already having withdraws, I said what the hell.

Consistantly at the top of the scoreboard in every game of Conquest. Seriously considering making a new account for another 10 hour trial. I played a lot of BF3/BF4, and never had this much fun. I can't put my finger on why that is but I am having a blast. The maps are amazing. And don't get me started on how well it looks and performs on my PC. 1440p Ultra 60fps and my face is melting.

Also I still haven't been able to get into a full Operations match. Either I am the lone person on the server or it's me and 4 other people.

jediyoshi

"So now". This isn't news.

Jira

Be sure you're trying to get into the Kaiserschlacht campaign and none of the others. It feels like that's the only one that runs.

Impulsor

Consistantly at the top of the scoreboard in every game of Conquest. Seriously considering making a new account for another 10 hour trial. I played a lot of BF3/BF4, and never had this much fun. I can't put my finger on why that is but I am having a blast. The maps are amazing. And don't get me started on how well it looks and performs on my PC. 1440p Ultra 60fps and my face is melting.

Also I still haven't been able to get into a full Operations match. Either I am the lone person on the server or it's me and 4 other people.

What class are you playing? I need tips.

What class are you playing? I need tips.

Mostly Assault, sometimes Support with the motars. I really like the MP88 with the bullhorn sights.

I usually just spam my squad leader with 'request order', and running from flag to flag capturing them. You get LOTS of points for simply capturing a flag.

Welfare

This is getting frustrating. Trying to play Operations and the cinematic will load but then I am put into a black loading screen for minutes and then thrown back to the Operations screen. Literally wasting my time.

I was having a really good game and you have five minutes pops up. :(

Oh well, at least I only have to wait a day. I only got up to 15, I saw someone that was 22. I probably shouldn't have wasted time on Mud and Blood.

Oh shit. It releases at 9 pm my time tomorrow. I can get in a few hours, good good.

This is getting frustrating. Trying to play Operations and the cinematic will load but then I am put into a black loading screen for minutes and then thrown back to the Operations screen. Literally wasting my time.

Don't waste time trying it. I've managed to play once (first trial day) but never again. Something not working as it should. Leave it for the full release, you're only going get more frustrated if you keep trying.

Dammit. I'm so tempted to pick up the Early Enlister edition on PS4 but my old Battlefield bro is still hooked on Destiny and it doesn't look like he's picking this up. Damn you, Destiny, damn you.

Lakitu

st5fu
One thing that has disappointed me is that the game seems faster paced than even BF 4, which is a shame. I haven't played it obviously but that's what I've observed through footage.

Foxxsoxx

Ugh I thought this came out on Tuesday, didn't even realize there was an 'early enlisters edition'.

Fuck that though, I'm not spending extra for pre-order propaganda.

I'm kinda disappointed with the performance on Xbox One. I know there is a lot going on sometimes, but the frame-rate dips are very noticeable on the more open maps.

Tempted to hold off and see how the PS4 Pro version runs.

Top Bottom