• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 Reveal Trailer, PC/PS4/XB1, Oct 21st [Up2: Screens, Info, Open Beta]

Ovid

Is it me or does his face look very modern day?

71skdaFoymL._SX522_.jpg

Black don't crack.

:p

Aters

I hope the game looks like this most of the time, and by that I mean with as little HUD as possible. It's WWI so I want the battlefield to feel low-tech. No radar, no overlays, no laser sights and no crazy targeting reticles.

Yeah, the "shoot that orange triangle game" must stop.

Wollan

That boxart needs way more exciting art though.
I would have no clue what it's about or the period from a quick glance or without knowledge of specific equipment. Bring in some vehicles and landscape.

Hmmm automatics prevalent in WW1? Seems like they had a lot in the trailer, but maybe they were just machine guns?

WWI was basically the beginning of modern warfare. Old tech and ideas (cavalry charges, single fire weapons, infantry that didn't wear helmets) clashed with the new (tanks, mounted machineguns, huge artillery), often in slaughterfests.

Really excited for this game, however Im unsurprised with the tone they are going for, hell even the box cover doesn't show that this is actually a WW1 game.

So we are looking at just WW1 not an alternate history game? Sorry if this has been made clear I went to b d when the dashboard pic leaked and that was the speculation at the time

I'm so excited.

Kudos for Dice for having the cojones of getting far away from futuristic crap.

Suddenly, CoD MW remasteres sounds so boring (not to mention that space nonsense).

Lead

Banned
Hmmm automatics prevalent in WW1? Seems like they had a lot in the trailer, but maybe they were just machine guns?

This is an EA game, they're going to put every automatic/semi-automatic that existed into the game, despite how rare they were in reality.

They know their playerbase don't want to use bolt actions.

Epic 64-Player Multiplayer Battles - Squad up with your friends and join in the most epic multiplayer battles in FPS history with up to 64 players fighting as infantry or piloting vehicles ranging from tanks and bikes on the ground to biplanes and gigantic battleships.

Pretty sure these are in.

ezekial45

Banned
I'm very, very happy to see that the Harlem Hellfighters are getting such a prominent presence in the game. Black soldiers throughout WWI (and the second one for that matter) never got the respect they deserved. I'm very pleased to see them not only in a game, but also in the marketing material.

Tieske

Neo Member
i wonder if you can attach the inevitable WW1 equivalent of C4 (dynamite) on horses

thatll go well on people lol

Skux

So we are looking at just WW1 not an alternate history game? Sorry if this has been made clear I went to b d when the dashboard pic leaked and that was the speculation at the time

Correct. Weapons and technology will be of the era, but more exotic/rarer things like body armour and submachineguns will probably be a lot more common than they actually were.

I'm very, very happy to see that the Harlem Hellfighters are getting such a prominent presence in the game. Black soldiers throughout WWI (and the second one for that matter) never got the respect they deserved. I'm very pleased to see them not only in a game, but also in the marketing material.

With a name like the Harlem Hellfighters, how could you not?

It is awesome, and shows they put some thought and research into this thing.

Deadbeat

Banned
It's weird they choose a black person for the cover for a WW I setting. They were some black soliders but they were like the vast minority.
For the American campaign episode whatevermajig playing as a black dude would work since the Harlam guys fought way more battles than any other americans. They could 'massage' the history and have the guy fight in tons of different fronts.

It is at times like this that I curse being FPS averse...almost by nature...
I get nausea whenever I attempt playing a title in this genre. :-(

Top Bottom