• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 Reveal Trailer, PC/PS4/XB1, Oct 21st [Up2: Screens, Info, Open Beta]

Dub step seven Nation Army... Fucking really?
That horrible dubstep song nobody likes...
/s

6o7dJAt.jpg

FYI..It's not even dubstep...

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
AnotherIgnorantBlacknorwegianelkhound.gif

If this is anywhere near gameplay, we're in for a treat.

Might make the more realistically-styled violence a bit grim, though.
This looks quite impressive, but there's also what appears to be some LOD popping going on in the forest background. I might be mistaken though, and of course this is not a final build.

Skux

I hope the game looks like this most of the time, and by that I mean with as little HUD as possible. It's WWI so I want the battlefield to feel low-tech. No radar, no overlays, no laser sights and no crazy targeting reticles.

So this is set in actual WW1 and not an alternative-history 1920 WW1 like was rumored a day ago?

Nothing confirmed, but it looks to be a normal WWI-period game, but with some liberties taken (we'll have access to guns and items that weren't widely used in the war, but did exist then).

So many negative people in this world. I hope Dice put their heads down, listen to some community members, but ultimately do what they want. Don't listen to the masses. They don't know what the hell they want in this politically correct, ADD, disect every damn decision over a video game, self entitled world.

Deadbeat

Banned
Nothing confirmed, but it looks to be a normal WWI-period game, but with some liberties taken (we'll have access to guns and items that weren't widely used in the war, but did exist then).
Well of course because people want their semi/full auto stuff. lmgs, smgs, carbines, oh my.

So many negative people in this world. I hope Dice put their heads down, listen to some community members, but ultimately do what they want. Don't listen to the masses. They don't know what the hell they want in this politically correct, ADD, disect every damn decision over a video game, self entitled world.
c'mon now, turn that frown upside down.

Alienous

The only thing I want out of this game is a decent rendition of the Battlefield theme.

Not some garbled piece of noise that has gone through the eurotrash synthesizer.

You can hear a rendition of the theme at the very end of the trailer that might be BF1's.

That gas-mask! Personally I hope it isn't just a 'putting on' animation with a return to normal fov, I'd like for the fov to be slightly limited when wearing a mask.

viveks86

Boss★Moogle;202833281 said:
I never said anything about graphics so I don't know what you're talking about. I'm talking about making a "cinematic" trailer using animations that don't exist in-game and that aren't representative at all of actual gameplay. This has nothing to do with graphics.

It's a battlefield game. It will play like a battlefield game. People are excited for the theme, the gameplay possiblities (that are quite obviously conveyed in the trailer) and the graphics. Would you also walk into a GTA or Uncharted announcement trailer thread and wonder why people are excited because there is barely any "actual gameplay"? There's plenty of time to see that too.

Funny how people complain about the title Battlefield 1 when no one complains about how we call it World War 1? Why don't we call it just world war?

E-Cat

Some people say the trailer is CG because they don't realize that the reason it looks so good is due to photogrammetry.

mcz117chief

Not having easily portable automatic weapons (submachine guns became available only towards the end of the war) and fighting in close quarters in trenches makes having a melee weapon sensible. Bayonet dudes and if you lose it take your mace out. Ain't nobody going to start reloading a bolt lock rifle in a trench.

No, bayonets weren't very popular in trench assaults. Bayonet is basically a spear so it is long and unwieldy in a tight trench, that is why stormtroopers or Arditi used mostly knives. The order of business was simple, send in a barrage of artillery to pin troopers down in their trenches, then assault squads would rush from their trenches, or other prepared positions, filled the enemy trenches with huge amount of grenades and then charge in with knives to finish off anybody left. WWI was rough, mate.

Doikor

Funny how people complain about the title Battlefield 1 when no one complains about how we call it World War 1? Why don't we call it just world war?

Also the WW1 was called The Great War in quite a bit on top of the world war name during the time when it was being fought.

After many sci fi shooters that take place in the future, this feels fresh. I think I will wait for more gameplay, but this could be my holiday shooter.

Top Bottom