• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 Reveal Trailer, PC/PS4/XB1, Oct 21st [Up2: Screens, Info, Open Beta]

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
it would have been nice if i could actually make out anything going on in the trailer instead of all the obnoxious shaky cam and 1-cut-a-second editing

Compsiox

Banned
it would have been nice if i could actually make out anything going on in the trailer instead of all the obnoxious shaky cam and 1-cut-a-second editing

There are probably 50 analysis videos on youtube already. If you feel like you missed stuff try that. Or you could slow down the video speed yourself in the video settings.

G_Berry

Banned
Hope we find out about the beta soon. October isn't really THAT far away. My guess is it announced during E3 and it'll be ready to download after the conference.

Raven77

Can anyone explain to me why COD and BF even get compared to one another? They are alike in so few, few ways I just don't understand. It's like comparing Bloodborne to Witcher 3.

BF franchise

64 player max
huge maps
slower paced multiplayer generally
signature mode is control point capture
vehicles are key to the experience
less than half the games have a campaign

COD

Known equally for it's campaigns and its multiplayer
small team multiplayer is the focus
generally no vehicles
fast paced multi
not a huge variation between game modes

I really don't see many similarities outside of generally being military FPS games in the same way that Bloodborne and Witcher are gothic / fantasy 3rd person RPG's...I wish this would just stop because the last thing I want is for Battlefield to become MORE like COD.

derFeef

Those trench weapons... goddamn.

1540px-WWI_maces_and_wirecutters_tre_sassi_museum.JPG

Foxxsoxx

He isnt wrong..

Up till maybe a couple years ago, cods campaigns have had equal if not better hollywood blockbuster campaigns with the best set pieces than uncharteds.

They might have had set pieces but they aren't great campaigns. Expensive campaigns, sure, but the shooting, while great for MP, is boring as fuck against NPCs.

The only COD campaign I ever really enjoyed was COD4, and even then it was just above average.

derFeef

It gets pretty dark the deeper you dive. Not that any war is worse or better, WW1 is just cruel, that gas warfare alone...

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Officially the most viewed Battlefield video on the official YouTube channel.

Official.

Acinixys

I am curious as to whether after seeing the humongous reception for BF1 , EA would be keen to restart a WW MOH.

After WARFHGTER or what ever that piece of shit was called I hope they let MoH fade away and build something new. Because the last MoH was one of the worst big budget MP Shooters released in the last 10 years

Raide

Outside of the Hellfighters content, where do people see the DLC going? I would love to see some classic BF and BC maps remade but adding the BF1 twists. The Rush mode from BC really seems to be the perfect mode for something like BF1.

Outside of the Hellfighters content, where do people see the DLC going? I would love to see some classic BF and BC maps remade but adding the BF1 twists. The Rush mode from BC really seems to be the perfect mode for something like BF1.

Not a bad idea in that it would be quite cool to visit some places again but as they existed during the WW1 era.

Officially the most viewed Battlefield video on the official YouTube channel.

Official.

According to my extremely rigorous 'set the order to most views' experiment, Battlfield 1 is less than a million views away from being the most viewed Battlefield video period.

It's passed Fishing in Baku, which frankly kinda wasn't a great introductory trailer, since all it did was show how the campaign is yet again off-brand CoD. I could see this going 30+ Mil plus or maybe even higher. As far as raising BF brand awareness, I don't think there's been anything as significant as this before.

Oasis seems like a given, since it was originally the ME to begin with, but I'd love for them to somehow get Arica Harbor working in a WWI setting.

THEaaron

I'm really glad this is 64 player, I thought it would be 40 like Battlefront.

Battlefront is it's own product. Battlefield 1 is the full Battlefield experience like a numbered release like BF2, 3 and 4.

I don't think they will mess around with their Baby.

I just hope we get a lot of Pacific Theater stuff. The Siege of Tsingtao especially. The Marianas and Marshall Islands also saw fighting.

I'm kinda hoping to settle for 'any' personally, but yeah. A lot of people seem to forget there was a Pacific Theater in WWI, and that Japan was a combatant on he side of the allies.

Ducktail

This might be the first time I'm actually excited about a BF game in a long while. Good job, EA! =p

This engine is mighty impressive, if Battlefront is anything to judge by.

Has it already been said that the trailer has over a million likes now?

Bloody hell wouldn't have even expected a 100k.

It's great to see that there's desire for shooters to go back in time again.

Coffinhal

Can anyone explain to me why COD and BF even get compared to one another? They are alike in so few, few ways I just don't understand. It's like comparing Bloodborne to Witcher 3.

BF franchise

64 player max
huge maps
slower paced multiplayer generally
signature mode is control point capture
vehicles are key to the experience
less than half the games have a campaign

COD

Known equally for it's campaigns and its multiplayer
small team multiplayer is the focus
generally no vehicles
fast paced multi
not a huge variation between game modes

I really don't see many similarities outside of generally being military FPS games in the same way that Bloodborne and Witcher are gothic / fantasy 3rd person RPG's...I wish this would just stop because the last thing I want is for Battlefield to become MORE like COD.

This.

To answer your question : because people need to build immature fanwars to stain entertained. Nothing rational here. I included some devs in this, see the 3 dumb DICE guys who wrote random angry tweets then deleted them.

Just look at the detailed and updated comparisons some of us are doing here about YouTube view and likes to try to prove a point. Stain entertained.

Current stats of the trailers, the Battlefield 1 trailer now has more than 1 million likes, the Call of Duty Infinite Warfare trailer has 1.2 million dislikes right now also check the number of views

YVXPBKL.png

KGsbd7C.png

giphy.gif

Top Bottom