• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 - two new campaign missions teaser videos

Nice to see DICE putting effort into the single player but I can't shake the feeling that it all looks to earnest and more like something from the Hallmark Channel.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Has it been confirmed if you play as the Central Powers?
Playing only as Allies... again it would be a shame.

Alienous

That's cool. More effective here though, showing the names of the soldiers. I just like the idea better than being Rambo in every war, real or not.

Yeah. I thought it was a good way of conveying Battlefield, which generally consists of massive battles, in a single-player game when I saw that Battlefield 2 Modern Combat had done it.

This is one of the rare times that I'm wishing they'd actually do some singleplayer DLC.

I could be wrong but haven't they said they are planning on doing a French campaign DLC in the future? Considering the ending of the prologue im thinking (hoping) we will get some central power campaigns as well.

I could be wrong but haven't they said they are planning on doing a French campaign DLC in the future? Considering the ending of the prologue im thinking (hoping) we will get some central power campaigns as well.

As far as I know, the season pass does mention the first DLC in March will be french theme with 4 new maps. It doesn't mention anything regarding single player. There could be something that is not announce as of now.

I hope there is a epilogue playing as the central power. Would be a fitting end IMO.

Shredderi

Graphical fidelity of this game is something else. It's even more impressive than their star wars game. I kinda want it for the visuals and vibe alone.

Kalentan

I have no clue if the soldier dying and you pick right up as someone else thing has been done before, but I had that idea years ago. Glad to see it's in here. Feels much more like a real thing when the odds are stacked against you and you don't get to be the hero for every encounter.

That's only for the prologue.

Darkangel

I have no clue if the soldier dying and you pick right up as someone else thing has been done before, but I had that idea years ago. Glad to see it's in here. Feels much more like a real thing when the odds are stacked against you and you don't get to be the hero for every encounter.

Now that I think about it, they sort of already did this way back in the Battlefield 2 Modern Combat campaign. You could "hot swap" and possess any friendly NPC that was in your line of sight. When you died it would switch you to a new random soldier and the battle would continue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3Wllz6Gw3o

EDIT: Glad I'm not the only one who remembers the magic of hot swapping

Top Bottom