• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 2042 - 13 Minutes of Tank Gameplay

Bullet Club

Banned

Here's what it's like to drive some Battlefield 2042 tanks. Check out 13 minutes of action-packed Battlefield 2042 tank gameplay. This match was played on the brand new Battlefield 2042 Manifest map, during a round of Breakthrough.

Concern

seems like barely anything is destructible and looking at the perma-glitched reflections doesn`t exactly inspire confidence in a clean launch.

Its like the more they "update" the frostbite engine, the less destruction there is. I remember leveling entire maps on bad company on 14 year old hardware. Now we get cookie cutter and scripted destruction.

Haggard

Banned
Its like the more they "update" the frostbite engine, the less destruction there is. I remember leveling entire maps on bad company on 14 year old hardware. Now we get cookie cutter and scripted destruction.
Yep, ever since BC2 destructability got downgraded with every gen.
I thought in 2021 I´d play a BF with 100% deformable terrain back then....

Instead we got shinier but more and more static setdressing....

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
I'm a simple man. Looks good to me. Won't pick up at launch or soft-launch but will likely get after a few days or so.

Shai-Tan

Banned
the low level of destruction is disappointing but I'm probably buying because it looks fun regardless

edit: if I buy this on Epic Store (with soon to expire $15 coupon) will I have to load the shitty Epic launcher every time I play? that was a nightmare with Jedi Fallen Order (no sorry, you can't launch from origin... you must launch from epic which loads an instance of origin, but origin can't be open for that.. whoops, ea launcher from game pass was loaded you have to close that first... oops sorry there was an error loading origin close everything and try again)

Last edited:
Top Bottom