• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 2042: in-depth look

Razvedka

Banned
It's also still in its infancy, meaning we're not going to get our socks completely blown off any time soon.
Ratchet and Clank blew my socks off. We're already getting games that bring the 'wow' next-gen factor.

I don't anticipate Battlefield being one of them so far.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Ratchet and Clank blew my socks off. We're already getting games that bring the 'wow' next-gen factor.

I don't anticipate Battlefield being one of them so far.
Personally I really don't see what's mind blowing at all about Rachet and Clank to be quite honest. it looks good, sure. But I don't see the praise a few folks are singing. 🤷‍♂️

But to each their own as always! :messenger_ok:

Last edited:

Razvedka

Banned
Peronsally I really don't see what's mind blowing at all about Rachet and Clank to be quite honest. it looks good, sure. But I don't see the praise a few folks are singing. 🤷‍♂️

That's an interesting take.

Anyways, I hope I'm mistaken and this being cross-gen doesn't neuter it. Fingers crossed there, because I've been seriously missing Battlefield (I didn't really enjoy BF1).

Last edited:

longdi

Banned
big scale and dynamic moments cool, but the fast TTK means you will get shot and respawn before you can do much :messenger_sleeping:

Last edited:
My biggest gripe with Battlefield from my experience on PC with them after 2142 to now is the amount of snipers on top of the TTK. With 2042 focusing on larger scale maps and having "pockets of action" I think there will be an increase in snipers, but we will see.

RaptorGTA

My biggest gripe with Battlefield from my experience on PC with them after 2142 to now is the amount of snipers on top of the TTK. With 2042 focusing on larger scale maps and having "pockets of action" I think there will be an increase in snipers, but we will see.

I have to think they planned on that considering how much of an issue it has been in the past. I would assume the scale of the maps will curve this as rifles should only have a certain range. Not to say there should be a 'max range' on sniper rifles but more of a continued drop-off. This way if you really want to hit at the extreme range you'd have to raise your rifle up high to reach that range.

MiguelItUp

That's an interesting take.

Anyways, I hope I'm mistaken and this being cross-gen doesn't neuter it. Fingers crossed there, because I've been seriously missing Battlefield (I didn't really enjoy BF1).
Haha, well, it ain't a special or unique one. I feel it'd be more wat to say it looks awful, lmao.

Yeah, hard to tell from here. I really enjoyed BF1, but I know plenty that didn't. V.... doesn't count, lmao.

Razvedka

Banned
Battlefield shits all over r&c when it comes to features and player count.
By definition, as it is a single player game. My point was less to emphasize Ratchet and Clank and more to make the claim that we *are* getting next gen showcases of what the new hardware can do.

I'm just dubious DICE can fully deliver the goods given the scope of platforms they have to support with this title.

Last edited:

Sygma

Peronsally I really don't see what's mind blowing at all about Rachet and Clank to be quite honest. it looks good, sure. But I don't see the praise a few folks are singing. 🤷‍♂️

It looks good. That's all. Gameplay is so middle of the pack in every single department, to be honest Insomniac never have been strong in that area, all their games are dull as fuck to play outside of Sunset Overdrive. Couple of reviews put Rift part at 7/10 and thats the correct score, but this is a thread derail

Anyway

Last edited:

supernova8

Banned
I find it difficult to believe anyone is going to be 'blown away' by this. After all, with this game DICE must support:

XB1, X1X, XSS, XSX,

PS4, PS4 Pro, PS5,

PC

It is going to be at a slightly higher resolution, higher player count, and a few extra graphical bells and whistles on PC and PS5/XSX. It is otherwise a last gen game.
Hopefully it will look good once we get to actually play it but I agree there's something underwhelming about it.

Haggard

Banned
I don't know what this game is supposed to wow me with. The scale is nothing I can perceive in the minute to minute gameplay and the rest kinda looks to be the same as bf 5 without any major upgrades......

Top Bottom