• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 360 Dev Screens/Videos Leak, Including New Jet Level [DICE Responds]

Jeseus said:
omg guys ... beta will be released when the game is finished - GOLD.

Beta is just Final CODE = Gold

than you can expect day one patch

like: R3,GT5,C2.....

They've stated a few times that they'll use beta feedback to tweak the final.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
itsgreen said:
(sorry for being semi ot, but wasn't their suppose to be demo/beta (also for 360) out this week)
The beta is coming sometime this month on all platforms. No one knows exactly when.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
So... what good will this beta do? The game is out in a bit over a month and we still haven't seen the beta. Will they use the results of it for a day 1 patch? I would assume they have to submit the finished game soon to get through cert.

Not necessarily. A day 1 patch has basically been confirmed, but they haven't even finalize the gun unlock order yet. Keep in mind most of DICE hasn't had a day off in months--it's gonna come down to the wire.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Deadly Cyclone said:
So... what good will this beta do? The game is out in a bit over a month and we still haven't seen the beta. Will they use the results of it for a day 1 patch? I would assume they have to submit the finished game soon to get through cert.
Resistance 3 had two patches up in the first few days of release that fixed a ton of issues. Granted, they were huge but you can do a lot with these patches.

Raide

Deadly Cyclone said:

I am sure the PC test sorted out most of the bugs, so the 360/PS3 beta will just be for control tweaks etc. Could be utterly wrong but I don't see them dragging a huge amount of stuff from such a short test.

ClovingSteam said:
I haven't read all 600+ posts but I was referring specifically to individuals that argued KB&M, FPS, 64 vs 24 weren't actual gameplay influencing issues.

Really then why did this post

get him banned immediately?
personal attacks. calling someone fat is a big no-no.

Binabik15

Foliorum Viridum said:
... I never said you can't use KB/M on a couch. I was just saying to that guy he could use his 360 controller.

hol3H.jpg

Let me wave both my comfy couch AND master race flags ;)

/shakes long blond curls and brushes off his peasant rags

The Faceless Master said:
personal attacks. calling someone fat is a big no-no.

Sure but the person I was responding to was arguing that mods here won't take action against PC gamers who personally insult console owners which obviously is ridiculous.

Mr. Snrub said:
it's not obvious when this is the only footage people are seeing! it sounds like a cover-up!!!

ClovingSteam said:
Sure but the person I was responding to was arguing that mods here won't take action against PC gamers who personally insult console owners which obviously is ridiculous.
i've seen way more bans happen for someone calling someone else fat than stupid. it's not even close. calling someone fat is racial/sexist/etc slur territory on GAF.

The Faceless Master said:
it's not obvious when this is the only footage people are seeing! it sounds like a cover-up!!!

i've seen way more bans happen for someone calling someone else fat than stupid. it's not even close. calling someone fat is racial/sexist/etc slur territory on GAF.

Again, the individual was arguing that PC gamers get more slack around here when it comes to insulting those console gamers. Whatever the derogatory term used is isn't the point of the matter.

Momo

Banned
Watch nine minutes of leaked Battlefield 3 now, but probaly not later

sauce

Hey, you want to see nine minutes of leaked single-player and multiplayer Battlefield 3 footage? Well too bad, because EA already pulled it from the whole internet! Sorry suckers! Don't worry, the quality wasn't that great. We promise.

Editor's note: This footage is currently still online. But good lord, it's going to be pulled so fast. So, so fast. In fact, to save on editing time, we went ahead and wrote this post as if it had been pulled, and then we'll just strike through this paragraph later. Brilliant, right? Well, that's why we get the big bucks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WuexdRUf-s

Momo

Banned
Mr. Snrub said:
This is just a compilation of all the footage linked in this thread's OP.
I figured there wasn't anything new, so I posted it here. I posted while watching (still watching) so just in case there was something new no one missed it at least.

Kibbles

Letters said:
I've seen several insulting posts of gravy arms caliber go by unpunished. Doesn't make a difference if a guy gets banned while hundreds of others keep insulting and mocking me for my preference of gaming hardware.

Yep. Still good to read.
Yeah well they better show footage of it to prove it.

1-D_FTW

Frankfurt said:
Yep. PC Gaffers can call console Gaffers "stupid" and "idiot" (even in the same page) and nothing will happen to them. Now get a console Gaffer to post anything like what the OP's replies are - banned before he gets to page 2.

We ALL have seen it happen over a dozen times. And yet, it keeps happening.

Defensive much? There really isn't a whole lot of trolling going on in here. And you know why PC gaf is in this thread? Because EA doesn't show the fucking game off. Of course ALL BF fans are going to enter a thread with jet footage. This thread really isn't even about 360, although for some reason it got sidetracked down that route. It's about Jets... In Battlefield... 3.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Is this footage really considered bad? In motion, it still seems to look pretty nice.

Shouldn't people be happy that 1) the 360 version still looks pretty solid as it is and 2) they didn't compromise the PC version in favor of consoles. This seems like the best method for a multi-platform release. Please PC fans with a proper PC version while still releasing a beautiful, smooth running console game. What's the problem?

Majanew

Banned
Jeseus said:
omg guys ... beta will be released when the game is finished - GOLD.

Beta is just Final CODE = Gold

than you can expect day one patch

like: R3,GT5,C2.....
Beta isn't final code.

Gears 3 must've been 'Gold' back in April...oh, wait.

Izayoi

Banned
This thread turned into a shitfest when I was gone. Wow.

I just hope that this spurs DICE/EA into action because I'm tired of waiting for new media. Come on guys.

kokujin

Banned
dark10x said:
Is this footage really considered bad? In motion, it still seems to look pretty nice.

Shouldn't people be happy that 1) the 360 version still looks pretty solid as it is and 2) they didn't compromise the PC version in favor of consoles. This seems like the best method for a multi-platform release. Please PC fans with a proper PC version while still releasing a beautiful, smooth running console game. What's the problem?
Maybe they think the game will still suffer from having console versions.They do have a right to be scared.

feel

Kibbles said:
Yeah well they better show footage of it to prove it.

Izayoi said:
I just hope that this spurs DICE/EA into action because I'm tired of waiting for new media. Come on guys.
This. Hopefully this will force some direct feed 360 gameplay out of them. :)

mxgt

Banned
Frankfurt said:
Yep. PC Gaffers can call console Gaffers "stupid" and "idiot" (even in the same page) and nothing will happen to them. Now get a console Gaffer to post anything like what the OP's replies are - banned before he gets to page 2.

We ALL have seen it happen over a dozen times. And yet, it keeps happening.

Why do I always see this claimed but never proven?

Deadly Cyclone said:

weapon balance/vehicle respawn tweaks.

Hopefully it will also help head off any server issues.
BC2 360 servers were a mess for about a month after release. Couldn't connect, rubberbanding, etc.

Calling it a beta at this point is kinda silly, its more or less a demo.

Izayoi

Banned
mxgt said:
GET YER TINFOIL HAT

ii Stryker said:
Calling it a beta at this point is kinda silly, its more or less a demo.
No, it's not. Huge performance/balance changes were made between the Bad Company 2 Beta and Retail versions.

Nizz

Izayoi said:
GET YER TINFOIL HAT

No, it's not. Huge performance/balance changes were made between the Bad Company 2 Beta and Retail versions.
But that beta was also a while before the actual release of the game. I think it was November of 09 that beta. But the game didn't come out till March of 2010. This beta is seemingly going to be a couple weeks at most before launch.

Also, the videos in the OP are already down. I didn't get to catch any of them. :(

Izayoi said:
GET YER TINFOIL HAT

If you're referring to the PS3 beta, wasn't that done 6 months prior to BC2 launch?

We're very near only a month prior to release.

To expect major changes to be made post "beta" this late in development is naive. In order to meet manufacturing schedules I'd say the beta we'll be getting is damn near the gold version.

KageMaru

dark10x said:

This. We have games like Witcher 2, Crysis 1, and BF3 that are developed first on the PC and then ported to the consoles while still looking awesome for console games. It's win win, so I don't get all the negativity.

squidyj

mxgt said:

Are you suggesting that an individuals personal views and beliefs influence his perception of the frequency and in fact even the existence of certain behaviours and actions?

Izayoi

Banned
purple cobra said:
But that beta was also a while before the actual release of the game. I think it was November of 09 that beta. But the game didn't come out till March of 2010. This beta is seemingly going to be a couple weeks at most before launch.
ii Stryker said:
If you're referring to the PS3 beta, wasn't that done 6 months prior to BC2 launch?
I was talking about the PC beta, which came out about a month before release. The game went from a terribly performing mess to a very enjoyable experience for me.

ii Stryker said:
To expect major changes to be made post "beta" this late in development is naive. In order to meet manufacturing schedules I'd say the beta we'll be getting is damn near the gold version.
That's what day-one patches are for.

Frankfurt

Banned
mxgt said:

Both Crysis 360 threads.

Both Witcher 2 360 threads.

Words like "Idiotic", "stupid" used multiple times by PC Gamers. Nothing happened. Go check.

Too many E3 threads to count - console gamers banned for a lot less (in fact, less than some posts from the OP in this thread). You remember E3, don't you?

Frankfurt said:
Both Crysis 360 threads.

Words like "Idiotic", "stupid" used multiple times by PC Gamers. Nothing happened. Go check.

Too many E3 threads to count - console gamers banned for a lot less (in fact, less than some posts from the OP in this thread). You remember E3, don't you?

lol what? Are you inferring that mods favor one group of posters while throwing the book at the other group?

Chinner

Banned
Frankfurt said:
Both Crysis 360 threads.

care to link? i quickly browsed through the witcher 2 threads and most people seemed happy that the x360 version was getting a respectable port?

raviolico said:
...to prove what?
sorry, don`t want to sound to cynical but what do you expect him to say? the opposite?
Foliorum Viridum said:
What's he going to say, really? That's his job.

Edit: Beaten.
to prove that those screenshots don't indicate what the game is actually going to look like, which is what a lot of people are assuming

Frankfurt said:
Both Crysis 360 threads.

If idiotic and stupid claims are made, then there's nothing wrong with calling them that. Never seen a console gamer be banned for much less vs a PC gamer.

Glix

dLMN8R said:
Good jesus fucking christ. It's an incomplete game and a shitty-quality capture.

If you think the game will actually look like that on 360, you're a fucking imbecile.

"But the PC version will still look better!"

Yeah. No fucking shit. This thread is still irrelevant and stupid flame bait.

Yeah. Leaked screenshots of a game that we haven't seen yet. Surely irrelevant. I'm shocked this thread hasn't been locked yet!

*eyeroll*

Its cool that you called someone an imbecile.

What are you, 12 years old?

Majanew said:
Beta isn't final code.

Gears 3 must've been 'Gold' back in April...oh, wait.

It's actually pretty obvious from the timing. Given their release date they should be doing submission candidates any day now. This particular beta is probably just whatever they're submitting for approvals and manufacturing, and they'll use the feedback for their day 1 patch. I seem to remember some other games working this way as well (Medal of Honor?)

The term "pre-alpha" does not apply to anything BF3 at this point, though they've been using that term for marketing purposes all along. They're submitting any day now, that's not pre-alpha. (I am NOT saying this to imply that upscaled terrible video footage suggests anything about the quality of the final game.)

Also leaks really suck... if anyone DICE reads this, sorry you guys have to go through this.

Seanspeed

Banned
Glix said:
Yeah. Leaked screenshots of a game that we haven't seen yet. Surely irrelevant. I'm shocked this thread hasn't been locked yet!

*eyeroll*

Its cool that you called someone an imbecile.

What are you, 12 years old?
The OP was clearly using the thread as an opportunity to comment on how inferior console graphics are, which DOES make the screenshots irrelevant as only an idiot would believe thats what BF3 will actually look like on the 360.

Top Bottom