• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 360 Dev Screens/Videos Leak, Including New Jet Level [DICE Responds]

VibratingDonkey said:
That pilot's got a pretty flexible neck.

3eiCT.jpg

sorry

mr_nothin

Banned
CozMick said:
I agree totally, I'm also guessing that 95% of gamers are in the same boat.

Not many gamers want to sit and watch there framerate in the top left corner of the screen for 60% of there game time and worry about if there setup is sufficient enough.:p
Ahhhhh, the pains of being apart of the master race.....
Console gamers would cry if they had a framerate indicator on screen ;)

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
We need the beta to come so we can all laugh at these screens. The snippets we've seen of the PS3 version look a lot better than this and I doubt there's going to be a significant, if any, gap between the two console versions.

Mr_Brit

Banned
CozMick said:

Not many gamers want to sit and watch there framerate in the top left corner of the screen for 60% of there game time and worry about if there setup is sufficient enough.:p
If you joined the master race maybe you'd learn to spell better.

Rad-

Foliorum Viridum said:
I honestly think I'm a genius because I've figured out - no seriously, get this - that if I put a HDMI cable from my PC into the TV and plug in a 360 controller I can - WAIT FOR IT - play PC games with all of the benefits on my Comfy Couch™.

I don't know how I ever figured it out.

Controller vs controller or controller vs M/KB. Yeah.

CozMick said:

You say that as if all console games run at a locked framerate.

amdnv

A27 Tawpgun said:
Hopefully they beef up those destruction effects. Looked a lot better in BC2. Good thing its unfinished.
May I ask why everybody calls this "unfinished" and "pre-alpha" and whatnot? I thought all the content was from the latest version? And the game ships in a month.

People have different priorities and preferences. Accept it and move on. Jesus.

Speaking of all this comfy couching though, 360 controller isn't always ideal/compatible and wireless mice are proving to be an issue for me. Believe it's lag from sitting 3-4m away from the receiver (Logitech S510 combo). Does a wireless thingamajig exist that actually works well for gaming at a distance? Seems like the focus is always battery life, which I assume means the signal is shit.

Noticed when flipping settings around that it's my TV's crappy upscaling causing the lag. Allergic to 720p for some reason.

Foliorum Viridum said:
I honestly think I'm a genius because I've figured out - no seriously, get this - that if I put a HDMI cable from my PC into the TV and plug in a 360 controller I can - WAIT FOR IT - play PC games with all of the benefits on my Comfy Couch™.

So you're going to use a controller to play the multiplayer of a PC FPS then?
No, don't even answer that.

You have to use a mouse, keyboard, on a tv tray of some sort, hunched over on your couch. What's the difference between that and sitting at a desk?

CozMick

Banned
Mr_Brit said:
If you joined the master race maybe you'd learn to spell better.

But what if my "I" key is broken?

Another thing i'd have to upgrade to play this game on PC.

AndyMoogle said:

That's the point entirely, every person I'm playing against also has the fluctuating framerate and setup.

Everyone is on a level playing field, unlike on pc.

But whatever, I'll stick to Counter Strike on PC and everything else on consoles.

SmokyDave

Rad- said:
I use a 360 pad 100% of the time on PC and I love it. Having said that, most of my FPS time is spent on L4D2, Team Fortress 2 and Borderlands, all of which are fine on the pad.

I have Bioshock 2 installed but not played yet because they removed pad support. My PC really is just a big console.

ouch those screens look really bad. looks like we now know why they were only showing PC and PS3 shots until now. i am super stoked to be playing this on my master race machine.

AndyMoogle said:
But the majority of console games are locked at 30 fps.....locked as in it will never, ever go above 30fps. And for times of intense action (anytime you press a button) it will stay below 30fps.

You guys aren't making me want to get BF3 on PC any less, you know....

Rad- said:
It's not ideal but people do it. Would I? No. For single player? Sure.

My post was more just mocking the age old "comfy couch" argument than saying that BF3 MP is best played on PC with a controller. It definitely won't be. If you need to play with a controller and have a PC that can run it, it will almost certainly be a better experience than the consoles, however.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Just watched all the videos and it seems like lighting indoors is pretty much turned off in the single player stuff. This obviously won't be the case in the final since they've talked a lot about the deferred lighting engine on consoles and the lighting looked fantastic in the Gamescom PS3 co-op footage. The destruction video on Operation Metro looked solid.

Binabik15

Foliorum Viridum said:

I play on my couch, on a big tv, with kb+m.

I have an Ikea laptop thing resting on the couch next to me for my mouse and the keyboard on my lap. Works perfectly fine. Only thing I still need to figure out is how to connect my pc to my Logitech Z-5500 for maximum bass.

Take THAT.

XxCGSxX

Isn't that disc labeled Pre freaking Alpha?, I'm sure it would look a little bit better. People exaggerate too much. Let's just sit back and see what happens.

Binabik15 said:
I play on my couch, on a big tv, with kb+m.

I have an Ikea laptop thing resting on the couch next to me for my mouse and the keyboard on my lap. Works perfectly fine. Only thing I still need to figure out is how to connect my pc to my Logitech Z-5500 for maximum bass.

Take THAT.
... I never said you can't use KB/M on a couch. I was just saying to that guy he could use his 360 controller.

Absinthe

Rad- said:

Seen plenty of good console players mop up with controller vs M/KB in other FPS what would make this any different?

Most PC players think they're better than they are just because they use a M/KB.

That said, these screens are obviously early build, can't wait to see the finished product on my 360, and on my PC.

XxCGSxX said:
Isn't that disc labeled Pre freaking Alpha?, I'm sure it would look a little bit better. People exaggerate too much. Let's just sit back and see what happens.

Yeah, it is labeled Pre-Alpha. Should get the thread title changed.

jett

D-Member
I thought the footage looked pretty good for consoles, better than MW3 although not that far removed either. Lolz at anyone who thought it'd look like the PC footage.

jett

D-Member
lawblob said:
Question; playing via Bootcamp, would this look better on a 2011 MBP than on console?

A friend has a MBP with a 6750m gpu and pretty much everything runs well on his machine. As long as you don't expect 60fps with everything maxxed out you should be fine.

Stoffinator

KageMaru said:
This makes absolutely no sense. Both consoles are so similar in features that you're only fooling yourself with this type of mentality. If BF3 turns out the same on both consoles, how does that indicate we need the successor to one more than the other?

I was speaking more along the lines of 360 being out first. And that Sony's first party games still impress more than anything.

Wazzim

Banned
ClovingSteam said:
lol @ folks in this thread who actually believe there won't be gameplay differences between consoles and PC.
Just let it rest already, it isn't like people are going to switch sides or anything.

Kyaw

Why is no one commenting about the boneless neck view in the Jet?

And awesome explosion/dialogue/sound effects?

SMH

Awesome jet single player footage nonetheless.
You single player haters can suck it. I'm gonna enjoy both modes.

ChiefKief

Banned
I love how the only "positive" aspect of playing bf3 on consoles, is comfortability because you fat fucks can't keep your arms up on a keyboard and mouse without gravity straining your gravy arms

ChiefKief said:
I love how the only "positive" aspect of playing bf3 on consoles, is comfortability because you fat fucks can't keep your arms up on a keyboard and mouse without gravity straining your gravy arms

Careful there junior, no need to be hating and swearing at people.

Stoffinator

ChiefKief said:

That's harsh dude.

Top Bottom