• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 360 Dev Screens/Videos Leak, Including New Jet Level [DICE Responds]

rvy

Banned
lockload said:
Another shot the OP decided not to post

http://i.imgur.com/jGI8u.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
I think I can see why. Game looks awful before it's finished, shock and awe.

starok said:
And console trolling from PC GAF continues...
Funny that if you try to troll PC you'll get ban in less than 10 minutes.
Only if you do it badly. Contrary to popular opinion the class of troll is important.

SmokyDave

kpop100 said:
I'm mostly a PC gamer and even I'm finding these topics to be unnecessary. I mean if you were a Ferrari owner would you stop beside every Toyota Corolla on the road and laugh at the driver? Probably not.
Yes, yes I would. I'm a massive cock.

IrishNinja

Anerythristic said:
3. In 4 to 5 years I can just buy a new PC for 500 or so dollars and hook it up to my TV, no upgrading no taking the thing apart and plugging in things and installing things, once again I'm a consumer not a hobbyist.

i hear you bro. i love youtube because that way other people can play my games for me, too.

IchigoSharingan said:
Seniors: Master Race
Juniors: PS3/360 crowd
Freshman: Wii gamers

gaming side isn't often good at analogies, but this one seems pretty apt.

Izayoi

Banned
Shots downscaled to their native res...

720p3j7uy.png

720p2zjx9.png

720p128ra.png

Definitely time for a new generation no matter which way you cut it, though.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
starok said:
And console trolling from PC GAF continues...
Funny that if you try to troll PC you'll get ban in less than 10 minutes.

Well when most console trolls consist of things that are true and most PC trolls are "LOL $2500 FOR BARELY BETTER GRAPHICS AND NO GAMES", it's not hard to see why.

Pranay

Izayoi said:
Shots downscaled to their native res...

http://www.abload.de/img/720p3j7uy.png[img]
[img]http://www.abload.de/img/720p2zjx9.png[img]
[img]http://www.abload.de/img/720p128ra.png[img]

Definitely time for a new generation no matter which way you cut it, though.[/QUOTE]

or lets wait for the Final Build and then compare ?

Izayoi

Banned
Pranay_ said:
or lets wait for the Final Build and then compare ?
That would be far too sensible for a place like GAF.

I really don't think there's any denying that consoles are starting to show their age, though.

Brofist

Ysiadmihi said:
In the interest of fairness, DICE should announce a Wii version so 360/PS3 gamers have something to troll.

The best part about all of this is once the game is out, 360 and PS3 gamers will be at each others throats over barely noticeable differences between the two versions, all the while telling PC gamers that graphics don't matter. You know, the same thing that happened with Crysis 2.
I think we can work a car analogy in here too. An owner of a tuned Honda Civic is more likely to get into a heated car debate with a Toyota Celica owner than a Ferrari owner.

Kabouter

IrishNinja said:
aw, im not just gonna sit here & let you spit on my Evo. she's not a looker, sure, but she's built for speed!
Yeah, was just looking at the full size cases listed for that PC he linked. That mini thing looks fine.

dr_rus

ClovingSteam said:
What say you?
I say that like 99% of people complaining about huge visual difference right now won't be able to see any difference if they simply up the resolution to 1080p in the next generation. Because really that's the main difference between consoles and PC at the moment.

Feature

Banned
I bet you can't destroy those iron beams on the left in the first picture which will totally kill the illusion for me.

Izayoi

Banned
Kabouter said:
Yeah, was just looking at the full size cases listed for that PC he linked. That mini thing looks fine.
You can build a mini/micro ATX machine that shits all over consoles and looks great doing it. There are plenty of living room appropriate computer cases.

dr_rus said:
Because really that's the main difference between consoles and PC at the moment.
lol

dr_rus said:
I say that like 99% of people complaining about huge visual difference right now won't be able to see any difference if they simply up the resolution to 1080p in the next generation. Because really that's the main difference between consoles and PC at the moment.

There is actually a laundry list of differences, from shadows to textures, to effects, to HBAO to tesselation and.....I could go on.

SmokyDave

Kabouter said:
Something like this will sit next to a home cinema amp happily.

I use a wireless 360 pad, wireless LAN and Bluetooth KB&M. There are literally 2 wires coming from my PC, one for audio/video and one for power. It's just a big hyper-console really.

fin

I used to argue for consoles. In a few threads I fought till the bitter end. But then I decided to get my first gaming PC. Needless to say I really don't like playing 360 or PS3 anymore.

Apath

Ysiadmihi said:
Well when most console trolls consist of things that are true and most PC trolls are "LOL $2500 FOR BARELY BETTER GRAPHICS AND NO GAMES", it's not hard to see why.
Seriously. There are many flaws to PC gaming, but none of them involve something you can seriously troll. Every flaw just involves how much time and effort you care to put in to maintaining your rig.

see5harp

I really don't think console users have a problem saying that PC versions usually look and perform much better. It's just hearing it from someone who doesn't even play console versions or much less play consoles that makes it burn. Why should he care about what I am playing? He's getting his DX11 enhancements, ability to tweak FOV, and finally decent controller support so I don't get why he's so concerned.

strata8

'Wait for the final build'? What? It doesn't even look that bad for a console game and the release is a month away. Not a huge amount of stuff is going to change.

StuBurns

Banned
People who are never going to play this on console are bitching that it looks shit on there? Why do you give a fuck? Some childish shit.

starok

Banned
see5harp said:
I really don't think console users have a problem saying that PC versions usually look and perform much better. It's just hearing it from someone who doesn't even play console versions or much less play consoles that makes it burn. Why should he care about what I am playing? He's getting his DX11 enhancements, ability to tweak FOV, and finally decent controller support so I don't get why he's so concerned.

Insecure people.

IchigoSharingan said:
There is actually a laundry list of differences, from shadows to textures, to effects, to HBAO to tesselation and.....I could go on.

you could go on because you give a shit about any of that stuff, i have no idea if its good or bad that i have no idea what half of those things you mentioned are. is the game fun or not? is first on my list. does the game run at 1400p and have superior tessalation and HBO is like fifteenth on my list, probably lower to be honest. so i guess pc gaming is really not for me. i mean i can't even tell the difference in feet per second.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
StuBurns said:
People who are never going to play this on console are bitching that it looks shit on there? Why do you give a fuck? Some childish shit.

Do you say the same thing about comparisons between 360/PS3/Wii? Just curious.

LordCanti said:
I'm face palming so hard right now. Unfinished build, encoded to make bandwidth demands lower for DICE (they just want to see bugs according to the guy that leaked the video on reddit), and a low ass resolution to top it all off.

The finished game is not going to look like this. Seriously people, the game has been demo'd on PS3's over and over again at PAX, Gamescom, etc, and it looked just fine. They aren't going to put out a 360 version that looks like the leaked screenshots/video look. They just aren't.

This. I don't understand how it's okay to post an inflammatory topic with false comparisons in an effort get people who like consoles fired up. And then the OP ignores every single post like this that explains the pics, and continues with his mind numbing flame fanning.

edit: Coming from someone with consoles and a sick pc.

ghst said:
thread totally misses the point. consoles are right where they need to be, nestled between the dvd players and the white kitchen goods walmart. not everyone is some neckbeard forum posting enthusiast who knows who releases what, when and for which platforms, they just want to pick up some set top videogame box on the way home from work, sink back into their couch and blow away some dudes.

i mean of course people like us want options, but we're gamers, enthusiasts, not the majority. we've got our nvidia 580s and amd 6950s and you just know we're gonna clock those things till steam rises out, but not everyone is a connoisseur. people buying consoles probably don't even know the difference between a ps3 and 360 other than one plays that indiana jones game and one plays the motorcross spaceman game; that's fine, that's exactly who they're for. people like these are precisely why a tumbling price and longer generation can only be a good thing, who are we to tell them how much they should be spending?

gaf can be so myopic at times.

I didn't agree with this argument when it was used with the Wii-mania, I want games made for me, and my tastes, I don't care what anyone else wants, I only want what I like, etc.

:D

see5harp said:

because most of the time, that box is holding back what my box can do, back in the day it was usually pc first THEN console version, but since hd gaming has bankrupted the industry its "make it work on a toaster first and then port UP", battlefield 3 is a notable exception.

SmokyDave

Anerythristic said:
you could go on because you give a shit about any of that stuff, i have no idea if its good or bad that i have no idea what half of those things you mentioned are. is the game fun or not? is first on my list. does the game run at 1400p and have superior tessalation and HBO is like fifteenth on my list, probably lower to be honest. so i guess pc gaming is really not for me. i mean i can't even tell the difference in feet per second.
You deserve tagging for this. In a nice way :)

I'd vote for '60 Feet Per Second or Bust'.

Izayoi

Banned
Ysiadmihi said:
Well to be fair, something like Xenoblade at 1080p in Dolphin looks better than most 360/PS3 games I've seen.
Yeah, but you also probably cranked the AA/AF, did you not? There are many things aside from resolution that go into making PC games look better than their console counterparts.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
dr_rus said:
The main difference is that people sit close enough to a PC monitor that 1080p matters. A lot. That's typically not the case for the consoles. HDTVs are farther away and they have excellent scalers. BF3 is going to look just fine in the living room.

of course pc will look better. How many generations later is it?

Threads like this should be locked. This is no better than the stupid crysis console trolling that went on in the crysis console thread.

duckroll

StuBurns said:

For your sake, I hope I never see you talking about how a multiplatform game on the Xbox360 looks worse than the PS3 version... again! Pot/Kettle? :)

starok

Banned
Ysiadmihi said:
Do you say the same thing about comparisons between 360/PS3/Wii? Just curious.

I don't see any comparison thread made from PS3/360 gamers whose purpose is just to shit on the wii version.

Well you could tell me that's probably because there aren't any new games coming to wii anymore too.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Izayoi said:
Yeah, but you also probably cranked the AA/AF, did you not? There are many things aside from resolution that go into making PC games look better than their console counterparts.

8xAF, no AA. I do get your point, I'm just saying resolution really is a HUGE factor.

starok said:
I don't see any comparison thread made from PS3/360 gamers whose purpose is just to shit on the wii version.

Well you could tell me that's probably because there aren't any new games coming to wii anymore too.

You can look at pretty much any Wii game announcement thread in the past 5 years. Or even look at any recent DQX discussion.

The fact of the matter is, 5 years ago people who only owned Wiis told 360/PS3 gamers graphics didn't matter and now 360/PS3 gamers tell PC gamers graphics don't matter and neither group is right, nor are they being honest.

duckroll said:
For your sake, I hope I never see you talking about how a multiplatform game on the Xbox360 looks worse than the PS3 version... again! Pot/Kettle? :)

There's actually legitimate value to the ps3/x360 port comparisions. They're close but sometimes 1 or the other is better and multiplatform owners want to know this.

see5harp

duckroll said:

Stating that PC versions look better isn't exactly what is happening with this thread.

StuBurns

Banned
duckroll said:
I'm virtually 100% sure I have never complained about anyone playing an inferior version of any game. Not Bayonetta on PS3, or FFXIII on 360, or anything else. I've certainly never made a thread just to mock an audience.

EDIT: I might have suggested people try games on PC they've already played on consoles for control differences, but control differences alone.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I've heard once that the console GAF outnumbers PC GAF... but it sure appears like the other way around is the truth, hahaha.

PC GAF is like politicians, they're like small in numbers in GAF Country but are small elites compared to the numerous but ordinary citizens Console GAF.

Top Bottom