• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
The physics for all their non-tank land vehicles is kind of shitty... they feel like they're "glued" to the ground. So unless they've made some radical changes I have zero hype for motorcycles.

But new maps and weapons is always nice.

Won't lie... somewhat disappointed no dinosaurs lol. That was a pipe dream, but now we know for certain. Still hurts man.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Won't lie... somewhat disappointed no dinosaurs lol. That was a pipe dream, but now we know for certain. Still hurts man.

What? Where did they confirm no dinosaurs? For all you know those motorcycles will have sidecars and I'll be able to get away from Metal Gear T-Rex with the Xbow.

Edit: I'm more pissed that Theater/Battlerecorder isn't in. They have a rough implementation in the engine but can't make it available to the consumers? REALLY?

jayb

The physics for all their non-tank land vehicles is kind of shitty... they feel like they're "glued" to the ground. So unless they've made some radical changes I have zero hype for motorcycles.

The quad bikes don't feel 'glued to the ground' to me... I expect the motorcycle to feel similar to those, but a bit lighter.

Evolved1

The quad bikes don't feel 'glued to the ground' to me... I expect the motorcycle to feel similar to those, but a bit lighter.

I'm speaking specifically of the quads (and buggies to some extent) it's hard for me to describe exactly what the issue is... for example you can jump and stuff with the quads and get some lift, but get too much or hit anything at a weird angle and you'll see what I'm talking about. It's wonky. I'm not making it up or being overly critical, just saying, there's some jank/wonk tied to it. And in my mind I see this being really prevalent with the motorcycles. I anticipate them being really stiff and having a super wonky lean system, if any lean at all.

That's what I anticipate based on current vehicle physics.

Then again they could surprise me... what DICE did with helicopters from BC2 to BF3 was miraculous. BF3 helicopters could be their own game. Like, EA could just take BF3 helicopters, slap Desert/Jungle Strike on the box and you'd have a freaking awesome reboot. That would be, like, the best game. BF3 helicopters are so good. So I guess you never really know until they show it.

But I have zero hype based on the quads and buggies already in the game. I think bikes will be pretty much the same, but with a wonk multiplier dude to necessary leaning they introduce.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Fersis only bends over for Insomniac. DICE is oral only. He doesn't get any "private screenings."

:p
Hahahah.

Im just a DICE fanboy just like many others in this thread. :3

Maddocks

4 or more at one time is pretty hard for me, I think I have got multikills maybe 5 times in total of all the time I have played.

4 or more at one time is pretty hard for me, I think I have got multikills maybe 5 times in total of all the time I have played.

I doubt I've ever done it once.
I'll get back to work on some of the other dumb assignments like:

Get 10 kills with Mobile Artillery
Get 50 kills with the AT launchers
Destroy 5 air vehicles with AT Launchers

and my favorite..
10 pieces of enemy equipment destroyed with the EoD bot

I doubt I've ever done it once.
I'll get back to work on some of the other dumb assignments like:

Get 10 kills with Mobile Artillery
Get 50 kills with the AT launchers
Destroy 5 air vehicles with AT Launchers

and my favorite..
10 pieces of enemy equipment destroyed with the EoD bot

those are cake except the bolded.

i ran around with the EOD Bot for WEEKS just to get that one.

YoungHav

Banned
Damn the assignments for the Pecheng, F2000, L96 take mad long, especially the 25 headshot requirements. I feel like I haven't used my favorite weapons in ages, the L96 is the worst sniper rifle lol.

Does anyone from DICE post here? I have an idea for a dog tag. Since they had the rambo tag they should have a "Shotty Kreuger" tag w/a bootleg Freddy holding a shot gun. Been calling myself Shotty Kreuger since BC2, I was doing series damage with a shotty in that game, and this one. Have over 2000 kills w/the shotguns in this game.

Evolved1

Damn the assignments for the Pecheng, F2000, L96 take mad long, especially the 25 headshot requirements. I feel like I haven't used my favorite weapons in ages, the L96 is the worst sniper rifle lol.

Does anyone from DICE post here? I have an idea for a dog tag. Since they had the rambo tag they should have a "Shotty Kreuger" tag w/a bootleg Freddy holding a shot gun. Been calling myself Shotty Kreuger since BC2, I was doing series damage with a shotty in that game, and this one. Have over 2000 kills w/the shotguns in this game.

You shotgun users are a bunch of bums. Your tag should be Hobo with a Shotgun.

just kidding... i like people who use the pump actions, imo they are tricky weapon to use, but i still think auto-shotty is kind of cheese, though not too bad since they nerfed the frag rounds

Ugh! I need some consistent Battlefield friends on PSN. Anyone want to PM me their PSN ID?

I had an amazing game yesterday, and I was running around on Gulf of Oman, when I had a DPV tailing me. I was running Engineer (though I rarely do), whipped out my rocket, and blasted the fool, only to have the game freeze on me (in a rather beautiful shot).

I'm guessing that didn't save though? So frustrating to lose a game's worth of stats.

I am happy with how strong the Aftermath maps are. They fit better for consoles than Armoured Kill. Here's hoping that DICE ports a PC version of Battlefield for launch on next gen consoles. It'd be a great way to get in a punch before COD if they plan that.

Ugh! I need some consistent Battlefield friends on PSN. Anyone want to PM me their PSN ID?

1. Write down the name of regular posters in the thread.
2. Check the ID listing in the OP
3. Add friends
4. Find out their friend list is full
5. Post in thread to ask for people to add you
6. Read responses like this, giving you instructions on how to add people.
7. Repeat
10. Profit!

1. Write down the name of regular posters in the thread.
2. Check the ID listing in the OP
3. Add friends
4. Find out their friend list is full
5. Post in thread to ask for people to add you
6. Read responses like this, giving you instructions on how to add people.
7. Repeat
10. Profit!

Crap, sorry, forgot to check that, and thanks

Lakitu

st5fu
The jungle theme rumour stems from GDC 2012 in a video where two journalists from IGDaily try to describe Endgame's cover art (now Aftermath's cover art). In other words, there's nothing in it. I do want a jungle map though.

After a brief forty-three hour flirtation with pcBF3, I'm coming back to the 360. If you ever thought the randoms on console were bad, have I got stories for you.

I know it's a bit late, but I'm considering, if I upgrade my PC like I plan to, that I'll jump ship to Origin.

Wish I could transfer all my precious data, I dont think u can do that from PS3 to Origin.

As much as I adore this game, Rush and Smaller conquest is all it's good for. Armoured Kill Conquest begs for so much more. Do a lot of you PC gamers feel that way about AK? How glorious is AK on PC?

Even though it's late, with End Game coming up, I'll be playing BF3 until the sequel. No other shooter does it for me these days. I really love the end result of BF3 with all these diverse expansions and DICE's turn around from things like banning colour filter mods. I really hope they have these from the getgo with BF4. There should be a lot more big CQ maps with sensible flag placements and a return/improvement to the squad mechanics.

After a brief forty-three hour flirtation with pcBF3, I'm coming back to the 360. If you ever thought the randoms on console were bad, have I got stories for you.

E8bev.png

:p
Good to hear you're returning

----------

New End Game info I haven't seen posted
http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield3/1/end-game

Mahonay

Banned
Oh my god, CTF!!

Perfect for consoles. Halo CE CTF was by far the best I've ever played, hope this fills those shoes.

So excited :D
CTF seems like it would be fucking awesome in BF3. And you're right, it should be fantastic in the lower player count console setting.

CTF seems like it would be fucking awesome in BF3. And you're right, it should be fantastic in the lower player count console setting.

I know Modern Combat had it. So glad to see DICE fleshing out the modes. I hope it's adjusted accordingly, imagine vehicles and squad runs and all that *drools*

I really like Scavenger as a balanced mode for all comers, I was surprised how fun it was.

Also, it is possible to fix weapons in SCV? At default, weapon spawning is random, right?

Lakitu

st5fu
Those new details sound great, can't wait to hear more. New CTF mode and a dropship aswell sounds pretty damn good.

By the end of it BF 3 should have some really fun game modes besides the usual ones like scavenger, gun master, capture the flag, tank superiority. IMO, DICE have done a great job with those.

Pitmonkey

I really can't say enough about DICE with this game. They have had their faults, but in terms of content they have really set the bar in terms of content. Now bring on the next generation!

YoungHav

Banned
Why can't they put these new game modes in other levels? I feel like I am playing in a vacuum when play the DLC. CTF Caspian Border ftw!

I do kind've feel ripped off w/Armored Kill. I play Conquest like 98% of the time and that mode is a bore on those maps. Barren as hell w/only 24 players. I dunno why DICE doesn't increase the player count for AK or downsize the maps. I accidentally entered a Rush game in Death Valley and it was the first time I had fun on an AK map. Still, Conquest is my go to.

^ Similiar to your point...I like TDM in BF3. Dont care how unpopular that opinion is but I find the mode fun, especially for gun leveling.
Why cant they use other areas of the maps for TDM?

The area they use in Seine Crossing is great but the area on the side of the river would be great too. Same with Damavand Peak..fighting in that tunnel would be great, instead we are limited to that crappy last contstruction area. Every map has at least one other section that would be a great alternative to what is bordered off.

jayb

^ Similiar to your point...I like TDM in BF3. Dont care how unpopular that opinion is but I find the mode fun, especially for gun leveling.

The area they use in Seine Crossing is great but the area on the side of the river would be great too. Same with Damavand Peak..fighting in that tunnel would be great, instead we are limited to that crappy last contstruction area. Every map has at least one other section that would be a great alternative to what is bordered off.

that would be great if you could choose from multiple areas of the map. If I recall correctly, Warhawk did something similar.

Why can't they put these new game modes in other levels? I feel like I am playing in a vacuum when play the DLC. CTF Caspian Border ftw!

I do kind've feel ripped off w/Armored Kill. I play Conquest like 98% of the time and that mode is a bore on those maps. Barren as hell w/only 24 players. I dunno why DICE doesn't increase the player count for AK or downsize the maps. I accidentally entered a Rush game in Death Valley and it was the first time I had fun on an AK map. Still, Conquest is my go to.

Honestly, I think current gen features should include that level of customization (choosing what parts of maps to play TDM shouldn't be hard) but also things like dynamic weather should be standard in a Battlefield game. Hopefully when next gen rolls around. IMO, that could easily steamroll the static maps of the competition even more. Imagine playing a jungle map in sunny weather, and then again in a heavy downpour of illuminating thunder. After playing a weather map like that in Uncharted, I've always wanted stuff like that

As for raising the number of players, there's a limit placed by Sony and MS that apparently is why they can't do more (that and I assume graphics).

i'm guessing they picked certain areas in certain maps because they wanted different types of setpieces and also had to worry about spawns... imagine the spawns in the tunnels on damavand!?!? it would be crazy.

jayb

Honestly, I think current gen features should include that level of customization (choosing what parts of maps to play TDM shouldn't be hard) but also things like dynamic weather should be standard in a Battlefield game. Hopefully when next gen rolls around. IMO, that could easily steamroll the static maps of the competition even more. Imagine playing a jungle map in sunny weather, and then again in a heavy downpour of illuminating thunder. After playing a weather map like that in Uncharted, I've always wanted stuff like that

As for raising the number of players, there's a limit placed by Sony and MS that apparently is why they can't do more (that and I assume graphics).

Sony does not limit player numbers, unless you count hardware limitations.

Top Bottom