• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

I'm so furious right now! Been playin on 300% Metro conquest game, we were winning and I was the 3rd of the game, towards the end I get a connection error WTF!

I NEVER had a connection error and my experience with EA servers have been great. The few times I had errors were because of my router throwing everyone in the house out of the internet.

Did BF3 save my progress atleast?

I'm so furious right now! Been playin on 300% Metro conquest game, we were winning and I was the 3rd of the game, towards the end I get a connection error WTF!

I NEVER had a connection error and my experience with EA servers have been great. The few times I had errors were because of my router throwing everyone in the house out of the internet.

Did BF3 save my progress atleast?

It saved at some point (like when you died last). You can check battle reports on Battlelog

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Oh, hey, Dream. You and I need to Near Golden Aybss a bit. (Same with Olimpia) so I can maybe get these Fetishes that are Near only. :(

I want to power up those cards. *sigh*

(I just noticed you gave me a trade offer in Near, dunno how that happened but uh... thanks?)

End Game looks like fun.

Any word on what this just released 1.08 patch actually fixes?

Single player fix and SDTV lag fix for PS3

zsKTl.png

JJD

Hopefully it fixes JJD's issue.

Yeah, I'll try the game again later tonight.

Played some rounds yesterday and it was awful.

It's already hard enough playing the game with a ping above 200ms...

I'm afraid the patch won't work for me since I'm not playing on a SDTV, we'll see.

Oh, hey, Dream. You and I need to Near Golden Aybss a bit. (Same with Olimpia) so I can maybe get these Fetishes that are Near only. :(

(I just noticed you gave me a trade offer in Near, dunno how that happened but uh... thanks?)

I need to play more of UGA to unlock stuff.

I'm kinda pissed that FfF UC2 expansion doesn't give bonuses to the U2 cards based on your UC2 trophies.

Anyway, still fuck me for being half blinded.

TheSeks

I haven't had freezes in ages. Are you sure you just aren't loading? Sometimes the harddrive locks up and takes a moment to load shit.

Yes a traditional freeze, the moment when audio stops and nothing will ever move until you reset the console, BLOPS2 sometimes freezes for a couple seconds and then works. BF3 just stops my whole ps3 from working.

I probably had over 100 freezes in total.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Jet pilots... good ones... what controls do you use? Your stick and button settings.

TheSeks

Jet pilots... good ones... what controls do you use? Your stick and button settings.

If the server is still up, join me in a practice server (if it's been reset to private). And switch the controls to where it's the defaults but the fire and flare buttons are switched. Works for me, but it screws me up at times where I think the helicopter flares are the fire button. D:

TheSeks

Where art for thou, Faceless Master?

*sees you on XMB.*

:D! :D!! :D!!!

*gets on and your in the menus and don't take invites*

WARRRRRRRRRRRGARBLE.

TheSeks

One thing I've noticed is that Squad Leaders on GAF with the exception of me (and maybe Dream) do not issue commands. Why? IT'S FREE POINTS! YOU POINT YOUR SQUAD TO ATTACK/DEFEND POINTS OF INTEREST!?

ARGH! I mean, shit, I got MVP with like 3-6 KDR in Conquest simply just issuing "attack here, defend our flag, go back to where we were attacking" and having people attack/defend order bonus.

I still gotta adjust to the aim and damage/recoil again. My aiming is based on three bullet bursts in Call of Duty lately to where in softcore I keep forgetting there's a longer kill time. :(

B: Sorry dude, I rarely (if I even have it unlocked) keep air-to-air missiles in the gunner seat, if I'm a gunner you gotta get close to the ground or gain air on the chopper/jets. Also if a jet is behind us I can't really do shit since the gunner is locked in a 180 swivel at times. I generally run the lock-on missile since it can disable in one hit but it seems people are starting to use smoke more often to where I need to change that.

And I keep going "OH GOD WHAT DOES THIS BUTTON DO, I'M NOT VERY GOOD WITH THE CONTROLS!" *smoke when I want to fire* at times. I think I need to get in vehicles more often and get that back in muscle memory. I thought my helicopter was flipped, it isn't. I think the patch also switched my jet controls. Need to find an empty air server and test that theory next time.

Also B the first set B in Seine rush is IMPOSSIBLE to hit with the LAV to where you can lock the area down if you have a recon. I dunno what the team was doing running out there but man there's no reason they should've taken that crate. At least we won when I (after you left the squad to make me leader?) issued a command to jump down to B second set where the LAV couldn't hit. Had a few close calls with them jump from the top of the sinking cruise ship onto the deck with B but I got them when we had them low on tickets.

Kak.efes

B: Sorry dude, I rarely (if I even have it unlocked) keep air-to-air missiles in the gunner seat, if I'm a gunner you gotta get close to the ground or gain air on the chopper/jets. Also if a jet is behind us I can't really do shit since the gunner is locked in a 180 swivel at times. I generally run the lock-on missile since it can disable in one hit but it seems people are starting to use smoke more often to where I need to change that.

I don't think there's any A2A in the gunner seat. Your setup is fine, I think its similar to mine. TV-Missle is nearly impossible to use.

Also B the first set B in Seine rush is IMPOSSIBLE to hit with the LAV to where you can lock the area down if you have a recon. I dunno what the team was doing running out there but man there's no reason they should've taken that crate. At least we won when I (after you left the squad to make me leader?) issued a command to jump down to B second set where the LAV couldn't hit. Had a few close calls with them jump from the top of the sinking cruise ship onto the deck with B but I got them when we had them low on tickets.

I left because the other two guys in our squad were loud and annoying 8]

I don't even know what I was doing half the time tonight, it was only my second or so time on in as many months. Were you tagging all that armour on Kharg? It was hilarious seeing our team go full engineer with javelin once they realized someone was tagging everything. I'm pretty sure it's the only reason we won that round.

TheSeks

Were you tagging all that armour on Kharg? It was hilarious seeing our team go full engineer with javelin once they realized someone was tagging everything. I'm pretty sure it's the only reason we won that round.

Yes, which was glorious. On Kharg, I always set-up a SOFLAM now a days since I know where SOFLAM auto-locks can be set to where I set and forget it.

TARGET DESIGNATED, TARGET DESIGNATED, TARGET DESIGNATED has entered my brain in a glorious rhythm if only because of how often I get SOFLAM locks.

I was like "GOD SOMEONE JUST SWITCH TO ENGINEER AND HELP ME, PLEASE!"

Then suddenly you (or Dan) switch, take out a helicopter with a Javelin (or me taking it out with a tank/SOFLAM solo combo which made me feel bad ass) and boom everyone is running Javelin. They started to wise up to where I couldn't disable them at times (or disabled them and they'd limp behind cover) when I switched to the dumbfire/RPG-7 in counter to their smoke.

I also did get like two disabled and a double-kill with the KORN stationary AT launcher.

TCRS

Banned
I always prefer RPG/SMAW. You get more rockets and can shoot at everything. With time you learn the trajectory and velocity of the rockets and you know where to aim to hit a target.

Evolved1

I don't think there's any A2A in the gunner seat. Your setup is fine, I think its similar to mine. TV-Missle is nearly impossible to use.

I've been practicing with it... and now I have it down pretty good. That shit is OHK.

I hit a jet with it the other day that was harassing us. Almost jumped out of my chair haha.

I always prefer RPG/SMAW. You get more rockets and can shoot at everything. With time you learn the trajectory and velocity of the rockets and you know where to aim to hit a target.

Speaking as a pilot... only javs are worrisome. I don't even think twice if it's a normal rpg engineer (just kill 'em) but the damn javs ruin my day. First, you have to locate them, which is very difficult sometimes (especially if you have multiple locks) and then after they lock you they can duck behind cover. Taking a shot from a jav means you have to react/repair pretty much immediately, not much room to maneuver first. They are far more damaging than a generic rpg that betrays the firing position with a smoke trail.

Personally I prefer using rpg's (actually skill-based) and despise all the lock-on garbage in this game... but speaking as a pilot, javs are the only engineer weapon (besides mines) that makes me sweat at all. It would take three guys with rpg's to bother me like a jav user does.

TheSeks

Jav does more damage than the RPG-7, it disables in one hit compared to the 1-2 RPG-7 hits. Plus that disable seems to make the vehicle it hits slower to "back up" than the RPG-7 does. OR maybe it's a placebo effect.

Evolved1

Jav does more damage than the RPG-7, it disables in one hit compared to the 1-2 RPG-7 hits. Plus that disable seems to make the vehicle it hits slower to "back up" than the RPG-7 does. OR maybe it's a placebo effect.

I'm gonna take you up on the empty server offer you made the other day... I haven't been on BF3 very much lately. Other games and stuff.

TheSeks

I'm gonna take you up on the empty server offer you made the other day... I haven't been on BF3 very much lately. Other games and stuff.

I don't think reddits server is up. I may rent a server for a week next payday so I can make it unranked and private and test a few things. But search a Caspian Border Rush or Conquest game and find an empty server. Generally no one will join.

olimpia84

As soon as I found out that UC:GA required some kind of Near trading to get a trophy I gave up on pursuing platinum for the game. I'm still trying to figure out how to use Near tbh.

TheSeks

As soon as I found out that UC:GA required some kind of Near trading to get a trophy I gave up on pursuing platinum for the game. I'm still trying to figure out how to use Near tbh.

The games' been patched to where the only thing that needs near is the Fetishes, which aren't requried for platinum.

Otherwise you can grind levels that the treasures you're missing is in by yourself, no Near-ing required. It's how I got my platinum.

I-I-I I don't get it, someone please explain to me what fun you get out of camping your base with snipers, you don't get any kills, you don't get any points, you don't win any games, so why for the love of god would anyone want to camp their base with snipers

we were up 600+ ticktes and these fucktards pissed it away camping snipers in our base never have I been more frustrated in my life of multiplayer shooters

JJD

I-I-I I don't get it, someone please explain to me what fun you get out of camping your base with snipers, you don't get any kills, you don't get any points, you don't win any games, so why for the love of god would anyone want to camp their base with snipers

we were up 600+ ticktes and these fucktards pissed it away camping snipers in our base never have I been more frustrated in my life of multiplayer shooters

You would be surprised to know how many people don't give a fuck about points, objectives or even kills.

I have hardly sniped in BF3, but I used to do it once in awhile on BC2 and it was just so much fun. Overall the maps in BC2 were much more welcoming towards the bush wookies.

Playing with GAF made me a much more competitive player so I just can't stand staying in the back lines anymore, but at least for me is easy to see the appeal of playing sniper for fun.

I would never go sniping when playing seriously, but that's just because I lack the skill to do so. There's some godly snipers on the PC, guys with bolt action rifles destroying people and going for the objectives hard. It's just much harder to be such an aggressive bolt action sniper on consoles though.

Edit:

Just had the perfect PTFO sniper game, playing in the back holding the objective.

We started started with 4 less players, and I decided to run recon with a PDW, capture C and run for A since I was pretty certain we would lose B even if we got there first. The plan went without a hitch, everyone from the opposing team was capturing B and I managed to sneak towards A undetected.

I planted my spawn beacon in the back and for at least 20 minutes fought for A, practically without help. I managed to capture it once but as soon as I did it the whole enemy team destroyed me while I was holed up in the third floor of a building.

Fortunately while I was giving then trouble in the back my team managed to capture B, so when I spawned I went medic to get some kills and revives helping to hold B. The enemy team was overall better than ours and we lost the ticket both so they were beginning to advance on B. I decided to spawn recon again since no fucking one from our team was planting proximity sensors near the ticket both to watch out for enemies trying to break in.

As soon as I planted the proximity sensor behind the ticket both our team began to gain ground again as the enemies were spotted on the mini map. Then I managed to put the sensor behind the first pillar on the middle corridor in a place were he would detect enemies coming from all entrances

We held B for almost the whole game due to that sensor, I scored a lot of assists and managed to get some long distance kills watching the side entrance and the small store on the left side of the middle corridor leading to the ticket both.

At about 3/4 of the game our team began to push for A hard, and I knew it was a mistake since it would make it easier to the enemy to sneak to B and C. So I stayed at B getting a few sniping kills from guys who were trying to sneak by and almost at the end of the game we finally managed to capture A.

It was an amazing game! The enemy team kept popping smoke the whole game trying to make a break in and it was pretty hectic with smoke, explosions and bullets flying everywhere. I really believe that it was my little proximity sensor that made our team hold it's ground since it was the only one running for almost the whole game.

I'm pretty sure if I wasn't running recon and staying in the back, keeping my sensor up and running all the game we would have lost. I died too many times trying to capture A but it was worth it. These are the kind of games that make me proud.

The only thing that pisses me is that no other fucking recon from our team was planting sensors. The only time some dumbass had the brilliant idea to put one down he did it right next to mine...SMH.

People think recons suck on BF3 but IMO the issue is that it seems that the most stupid players are always playing the recon class.

The class in itself while still the overall weakest in the game can be really effective if you know how to play it.

TheSeks

Hah, I joined that round on their team and saw all the flags capped by your team and I was like "NOPE."

Bo joined me in TDM and we lost two rounds. One a heartbreaking loss on Seine after I gave them a life lead attempting to take choke-point B frontal stairs and finally did it with a support/ammo player. Then we started to catch up to their life lead slowly and then they pulled ahead... because the team couldn't hold back and let them come to us.

TheSeks

JJD: Conquest = MAJORITY of flags (so since this is babby mode on consoles 2/3rd of the flags), stop worrying about capping all the flags when the enemy is CONSTANTLY flanking us.

That said: WTF 1000 tickets, who the hell chose THAT idea? :p

And that Bazaar round would've been lost if I didn't switch to mortar to pop the tank and they took it in the ass (since I disabled the rear in one pop) and stupidly they sat there to repair it giving me TWO mortar kills to the assignment and adding to the like... 25? mortar kills I need for the medal. :lol

They stole the tank so I got pissed and was like "OH NO YOU LE DIDN'T" and got in the tank and pushed up.

JJD

JJD: Conquest = MAJORITY of flags (so since this is babby mode on consoles 2/3rd of the flags), stop worrying about capping all the flags when the enemy is CONSTANTLY flanking us.

That said: WTF 1000 tickets, who the hell chose THAT idea? :p

And that Bazaar round would've been lost if I didn't switch to mortar to pop the tank and they took it in the ass (since I disabled the rear in one pop) and stupidly they sat there to repair it giving me TWO mortar kills to the assignment and adding to the like... 25? mortar kills I need for the medal. :lol

They stole the tank so I got pissed and was like "OH NO YOU LE DIDN'T" and got in the tank and pushed up.

My game froze at the end of that rush round when I was sending you a message. It was your tank that lead to our victory on that game. As soon as I got back online you left check your PSN PMs! :)

I wasn't trying to capture C on that conquest game, I was flanking the enemy on B from behind since they had 4 guys camped there. The support guy a bipod pro was giving our smurf teammates a hard time. As soon as I managed to take then out (dying in the process) our smurfs captured B.

Anyway, good games Seks, it was nice playing with you again. Being away from the game for so long didn't rust you one bit. You're a great player, specially on rush. Love playing that mode with you. Send me an invite whenever you feel like playing.

TheSeks

I wasn't trying to capture C on that conquest game, I was flanking the enemy on B from behind since they had 4 guys camped there. The support guy a bipod pro was giving our smurf teammates a hard time. As soon as I managed to take then out (dying in the process) our smurfs captured B.

Yeah, but you had their tank for a short bit. You should've pushed back held A/B with me. I would've log jammed our tank into the hallway of B where I could then explosive suppress that idiot. I did notice him (and a sniper) shooting down the hallway to where I played "dances with suppression" while going from A/B. They constantly had someone capping A since they flanked both sides ("Thunder#forgetting" was at our base with AT mines. Pissed me off, that's why you got tagged a few times and rushed out while I'm like "NO! MINES AR--*dead*")

Anyway that Metro round was AWFUL and I went with the cross-bow since the T-UGS would've just showed what we knew: enemy coming from all angles. :p

TheSeks

Now you know why I prefer to be the squad leader, have half the kills you two (Olimpia/bKak) have and yet I'm in the 4,000 points range because I issue squad commands. :|

On the bright side, me issuing commands brought some of the team back from being idiots and seemed to have a Lemming Effect on getting the other squads of our team to issue commands in Metro Rush. Thankfully they didn't Lemming my orders since I was trying to sneak into the hardest ones to take and have them rush in to mop up whoever came to disarm with you two but they seemed to swarm the easiest and struggle with us a few times to take the hardest ones in three-four set.

Also B: That bazaar win was insane, I thought we were going to lose for sure.

And you may have won that round, but I have a low tolerance for bullshit tank drivers that won't move the tank and chase the two tanks that are going to take a crate if they don't flank them to hit them in the ass to disable because "OH NOEZ MY TANKZ! IT MAY BEZ DESTROYED! D:!"

Also someone on Tehran Conquest giving me a full armored tank because I was RPG and moving around the bus at B done fucked up. (And then I fucked up getting fucked up the ass with a guided shell and tank trying to hoof it back to A to help Olimpia with flankers)

Kak.efes

Now you know why I prefer to be the squad leader, have half the kills you two (Olimpia/bKak) have and yet I'm in the 4,000 points range because I issue squad commands. :|

On the bright side, me issuing commands brought some of the team back from being idiots and seemed to have a Lemming Effect on getting the other squads of our team to issue commands in Metro Rush. Thankfully they didn't Lemming my orders since I was trying to sneak into the hardest ones to take and have them rush in to mop up whoever came to disarm with you two but they seemed to swarm the easiest and struggle with us a few times to take the hardest ones in three-four set.

Also B: That bazaar win was insane, I thought we were going to lose for sure.

And you may have won that round, but I have a low tolerance for bullshit tank drivers that won't move the tank and chase the two tanks that are going to take a crate if they don't flank them to hit them in the ass to disable because "OH NOEZ MY TANKZ! IT MAY BEZ DESTROYED! D:!"

Yeah, Bazzar & Demavan defence were both hard fought victories. Some good games tonight. I only managed to win that Karkand game you left because I grabbed the tank before one of the idiot teammates did (emphasis on I, because that team was truly awful). I parked it right next to the MCOM (near the bridge), and went to town. It was just a steady stream of stupid. Engineers trying to jav me over and over again even though I had smoke.

TheSeks

I really have no clue what our team was doing on the roof in Damavand. Trying to worry about the attack helicopters?

In that sense, I have to quote Dream: IGNORE THE HELICOPTERS/FUCK THE HELICOPTERS, THEY AREN'T GROUND FORCES.

But I guess they were tagging people up there left and right since we were dwindling tickets and I was simply playing "spot whoever popped up for Olimpia or B to tag," so it was some use. But yeah, some people came in the building and set up shop as soon as B was taken and I appreciated that but I was like "well, where were you guys like five minutes ago. You could've set up shop in two different places and got people coming in."

(I did however tag someone that parachuted into the back/out-of-bounds-antic-ed from our starting spawn in the back of that third set base. Seks: Base Police.)

Top Bottom