• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 @ E3, Free Battlelog Announced [4+ Hours Of Livestreams Tuesday]

Hellcrow

Battlefield 3 multiplayer is on the showroom during E3!

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2011/06/03/bf3-goes-to-e3.aspx

E3 2011 in Los Angeles is only a few days away and there is a lot of excitement in the air. We are thrilled to be at the expo to show you Battlefield 3! We are currently putting the final touches on our demo - testing, tweaking, and in general, creating a game that’s looking amazing. I’m very happy and proud of what our DICE team has accomplished and what we’ll be unveiling to the world at E3.

Following our Battlefield 3 announcement earlier this spring, a lot of you have asked us for more info on multiplayer. Well, wait no further – we will be showing both single player and multiplayer gameplay at E3! You can expect new trailers and screenshots as well as in-depth press previews hitting next week. You can also watch the EA press conference live on EA.com on Monday.

So what can you expect from the Battlefield 3 multiplayer? Powered by the Frostbite 2 engine, Battlefield 3 features some of the biggest and most spectacular maps that we have built. At the same time, we are also able to create more intense close-quarter combat than ever before. The multiplayer map, “Operation Métro,” available for press to play on the show floor, combines both sides of the scale into one cohesive experience. Gamers will experience a physical battlefield and be able to temporarily disable vehicles, go prone, mount weapons, lay down suppressive fire and more. Under the hood, the brand-new engine ensures cutting-edge visuals and immersion. All things combined, big and small, add up to the best Battlefield game we have ever created!

Of course there are things we will not be showing at E3, including the game’s extensive co-op campaign, the introduction of Team Death Match mode and the Battlefield 3 Battlelog web destination – featuring powerful social tools, feeds and detailed player stats. Battlelog also lets you manage your friends lists, squad up, create platoons, use voice chat and follow your friends’ progress in real-time, and more. Battlelog will be available for the monthly fee of (drum roll)... zero dollars. We look forward to providing more information on these features in the near future!

Karl Magnus Troedsson
General Manager, DICE

Update:

Battlefield Blog said:
Karl Magnus Troedsson, General Manager of DICE, unveiled a great tidbit today about what we’ll be showing at E3, and rest assured, you’ll want to keep tabs on this one. “Following our Battlefield 3 announcement earlier this spring, a lot of you have asked us for more info on multiplayer. Well, wait no further – we will be showing both single player and multiplayer gameplay at E3! You can expect new trailers and screenshots as well as in-depth press previews hitting next week.”

That’s right! After months of curiosity, we’ll be lifting the veil on the multiplayer of Battlefield 3, answering many of your questions. For those of you who can’t wait until Tuesday for the show to start (not that we blame you), Spike TV will be airing a brand new episode of Gamechangers on Monday, June 6 at 3:30p ET / 12:30p PT, highlighting Battlefield 3 and the entire Electronic Arts lineup for E3. If you don’t subscribe to Spike TV, fear not – this broadcast will also be available on GameTrailers.com.

The real treat, however, arrives when Battlefield 3 goes on the air on UStream, directly from the E3 show floor. We’ll be hosting over four hours of programming, including all the news, gameplay footage, interviews, fan reactions, and Q&As you could want, straight from the Battlefield booth at the L.A. Convention Center. The Battlefield 3 Live Stream goes live on Tuesday, June 7 at 1:30p PT until 5p PT and can be available on the Battlefield UStream Channel, Battlefield.com, and the Battlefield Facebook page. Be sure to tune in and we’ll see you on Tuesday!
Source: http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/

Raide

SolidSnakex said:
They just couldn't resist. ;)

:D

I expect them to use the CoD stuff for extra ammo as the release rolls around.

Did my pre-order at GAME, go a MW3 poster because my friend works there and he wanted to get rid of them. :p

Varna

Party up before a game... thank god. Nothing worse then trying to play on the same squad as a friend in BF2... oh yeah, they didn't even fix that shit for BC2.

Sethos

Banned
Please DICE, ditch ( rework ) the retarded weapon bobbing from the Bad Company games ... Please, PLEASE!

woober

LEGGZZZZ said:
This was all I really cared about in E3, so this is perfect. Now just drop a battlefield 3 "battlefield moments" trailer and I'm set.

They said they spent 4 hours recording a multiplayer session for a 1 minute trailer. Me thinks a battlefield moments trailer is coming.

Spookie

"Battlelog will be available for the monthly fee of (drum roll)... zero dollars."

Oh snap.gif

Good stuff. Can't wait for the footy.

wwm0nkey

Of course there are things we will not be showing at E3, including the game’s extensive co-op campaign, the introduction of Team Death Match mode and the Battlefield 3 Battlelog web destination – featuring powerful social tools, feeds and detailed player stats. Battlelog also lets you manage your friends lists, squad up, create platoons, use voice chat and follow your friends’ progress in real-time, and more. Battlelog will be available for the monthly fee of (drum roll)... zero dollars. We look forward to providing more information on these features in the near future!
BOOM! Suck that CoD Elite!

Spl1nter

temporarily disable vehicles, go prone, mount weapons, lay down suppressive fire and more.

I think this sentence interests me the most. We could see a suppression mechanic. With the ability to mount weapons, the gameplay could be very different than the standard BF2 combat model we are accustomed to. Only a few days till we know.

Spl1nter said:
I think this sentence interests me the most. We could see a suppression mechanic. With the ability to mount weapons, the gameplay could be very different than the standard BF2 combat model we are accustomed to. Only a few days till we know.

I highly doubt they are implementing a suppression mechanic, it just sounds like they are using fancy action words about laying down suppressive fire in game, which never works anyways as players aren't afraid of missed shots.

America's Army is the only game I think that ever had a decent suppressive fire system built in.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
The Faceless Master said:
now that the new thread is here...

TEAM DEATHMATCH!?

and i really hope their battle log works better than their BC2 website.
This is great news.

Now hopefully people who just want to play Team Deathmatch will stay out of Rush and Conquest.

f0rk

Put it on Steam you dicks.

This is default response for all Battlefield 3 threads now, I'll buy the game whatever.

woober

I hope they stick to conquest as their main multiplayer mode ala Battlefield 2. Conquest in Bad Company 2 sucked balls.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Battlelog will be available for the monthly fee of (drum roll)... zero dollars.

What a fantastic shot across the bow.

Yet again, EA is trying to market their franchise into a COD-beater product rather than just selling a good game. You're not gonna conquer the competition else by constantly garnering attention to the opposition. Yes, it may gather more sales in the short run, but in the long run, you're positioning yourself as the reactionary follower not the LEADER that you claim you want to be.

wwm0nkey

woober said:
I hope they stick to conquest as their main multiplayer mode ala Battlefield 2. Conquest in Bad Company 2 sucked balls.
What sucks is that they could have fixed the ticket system in BC2 like forever ago.

ace3skoot

nice little dig on cod elite lol, I think its going to be battle of the multiplayer, I really hope DICE pulls of something special =)

Free Battle log? Awesome.
TDM? OH GOD ALL OVER MY FACE
Ultra High Graphics Engine? Thank you sir may I have another?
Dedicated Servers? Now you're just making me fall in love, dice!

I'm not even looking in the 'other' game's direction anymore.

Kyaw

please show jets please show jets please show jets

Oh and helicopters obviously.
And tanks!

Bring on the EA conference!

Top Bottom