• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 MP trailer: all 9 maps showcased + B2K teaser

woober

Some of my favorite parts:

iUOK6wP5xseQ8.gif

i3S3VSCoxDRhl.gif

i7wsqwC2AI0X2.gif

iB2DImHtzOTvZ.gif

Trailer was good, but why must they use that scratchy/ glitchfuck sound effect in these trailers, truly speaker breaking and infuriating to me.

AndyD

aka andydumi
woober said:

iUOK6wP5xseQ8.gif

I am still not sure on using guns while parachuting or free falling. Particularly rocket launchers and stuff.

I have never been skydiving, but I don't imagine its so easy and smooth to just glide and shoot an RPG.

Arcipello

woober said:

iUOK6wP5xseQ8.gif

hang on a second! i thought only 4 people could be in a sqaud, so why then do i count 5 green sqaudnames??? including yourself this would be 6 people per squad!

F#A#Oo

Banned
Arcipello said:
hang on a second! i thought only 4 people could be in a sqaud, so why then do i count 5 green sqaudnames??? including yourself this would be 6 people per squad!

bottom left corner says otherwise...

woober

Arcipello said:

Wow, good eye. I just re-watched the trailer and 2 of them have stars over their heads (aka squad leaders). My guess is that if you're a squad leader, you will be able to tell who else on the team is a leader because they're green with a star.

Arcipello said:

Maybe vehicles are spawn points for the whole team?

If you look in the bottom left, there are only 4 people in the squad.

woober

RibbedHero said:
Maybe vehicles are spawn points for the whole team?

If you look in the bottom left, there are only 4 people in the squad.

One is green because a squad member is in it and the other is because there is a squad leader. That's my take.

alphaNoid

Banned
GAF I need some assistance please. It seems this Amazon deal is the best right now? http://www.amazon.com/Battlefield-Limited-Preload-Available-Download/dp/B005Q47M56/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1319039242&sr=8-4, but I have never purchased any PC download content from Amazon before. I am however quite the Amazon customer but not with this kind of sale.

I see that when I buy/pre order I get an email, then another with a link to download and with codes. That makes sense. But how does this work when I want to reinstall/download the game say a year from now, or 3 years from now? Where do I see links to my purchased content? Is this available via my Amazon account on the site or do I have to request new emails for download links?

Any help is much appreciated.

alphaNoid said:
GAF I need some assistance please. It seems this Amazon deal is the best right now? http://www.amazon.com/Battlefield-Limited-Preload-Available-Download/dp/B005Q47M56/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1319039242&sr=8-4, but I have never purchased any PC download content from Amazon before. I am however quite the Amazon customer but not with this kind of sale.

I see that when I buy/pre order I get an email, then another with a link to download and with codes. That makes sense. But how does this work when I want to reinstall/download the game say a year from now, or 3 years from now? Where do I see links to my purchased content? Is this available via my Amazon account on the site or do I have to request new emails for download links?

Any help is much appreciated.

They provide a key. It's linked to your Origin account, not Amazon account.

Arnie

Too good. Seriously.

And the L85A2 is included in B2K? Fuck. Any word on whether we can take that over to the base maps?

DTKT

Arnie said:
Too good. Seriously.

And the L85A2 is included in B2K? Fuck. Any word on whether we can take that over to the base maps?

I think they said that you can use the B2K weapons in the standard BF3 maps.

hiverbon

Neo Member
I'm still not entirely convinced that base jump dive at the top of the peak has its own animation. I know you can see the guy on the right diving but to me it looks like it could be some guy diving to prone for cinematic effect. I hope it has its own custom event but its probably a lot of work to set up triggers/proper animation transitions, plus the fact they never actually showed the jump. But I can dream!

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
hiverbon said:
I'm still not entirely convinced that base jump dive at the top of the peak has its own animation. I know you can see the guy on the right diving but to me it looks like it could be some guy diving to prone for cinematic effect. I hope it has its own custom event but its probably a lot of work to set up triggers/proper animation transitions, plus the fact they never actually showed the jump. But I can dream!

Are people saying that you don't have control of whether or not you jump off the edge, and that it's a canned animation as you spawn? I'm not sure I understand.

gl0w

LEGGZZZZ said:
I don't. Going to be experiencing this epic on my ps3.
SAME. I think it will run very nice on PS3, i remember that last video of PS3 gameplay, and it was amazing compared to the BETA.

cant wait!

MrOogieBoogie said:
Are people saying that you don't have control of whether or not you jump off the edge, and that it's a canned animation as you spawn? I'm not sure I understand.

He's talking about this animation:

screen013low9.jpg

I don't see why that's hard to believe.

nib95

Banned
Ok, I've been real hard on BF3 lately. But now I'm pumped I still have my pre-order lol. PS3 only but still, I'm looking forward to it. Might get the PC version on the cheap at a later date.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
mcp said:
I wonder what happens if you fall through the blades of or crash into a helicopter that is hovering below the top of the base jump launch point.
If BF3 had gib gore like an id or Epic game, the gifs would be God tier.

Metalmurphy said:

http://www.abload.de/img/screen013low9.jpg[IMG]

I don't see why that's hard to believe.[/QUOTE]

I think they may mean that there is no leaping animation. Almost like superman taking off. Instead it is more likely just a regular jump animation like you would have jumping down from a single story roof that transitions into freefall after falling far enough and then into the parachute pose once you open the chute.

It wouldn't be hard at all to add a special animation that kicks in if you jump from that ledge but it doesn't look like they have that in the game. Would have made for a much more epic moment in the trailer to have followed the base jump the whole way through the jump to freefall animation.

MNC

I think if you fall a certain height you go in that animation automatically. No point in making it scripted or anything.

Deadly

Arcipello said:
There was a bug where I managed to be 5 in a squad during the beta but this probably isn't the case :lol

Spl1nter

Deadly said:
There was a bug where I managed to be 5 in a squad during the beta but this probably isn't the case :lol

already been explained. Other squad leaders on the HUD are highlighted in green as well and marked by a star next to their name. On the minimap only your squad is highlighted green.

hiverbon

Neo Member
Metalmurphy said:

I don't see why that's hard to believe.

I mean the transition from running to freefall, not the freefall itself. So rather than just run jumping off the edge of the peak and then blending into freefall once the game detects you're falling, it'd be nice to have a jump-dive event. It looks like this is the case in the trailer as you can see the player on the right diving just before it cuts, but I was wondering whether someone just did a dive-to-prone for cinematic effect just before it cut out to make it seem super awesome.

Not that I'm saying this isn't already super fucking cool :D just that these little polish items would be awesome if they exist.

Why does everything have a blueish or brownish and red tint?

Anyone else bothered by the lack of color, the gears of war "next Gen" look.

hiverbon

Neo Member
gibon3z said:
Why does everything have a blueish or brownish and red tint?

Anyone else bothered by the lack of color, the gears of war "next Gen" look.

Seems more like consistent art direction to me. Each map and it's subsections have a visual theme and they've stuck to it. The montage at the end of the trailer of all the maps gives you a pretty varied palette in terms of the different map's art styles.

Top Bottom