• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 News Thread of BE ADVISED: Reviews On Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazhard

Banned
8?
this-is-bullshit.gif

first uncharted 3 gets a 9.5 and a 8/10 now this? FUCK

mr stroke

excaliburps said:
One last post here before the OT is dropped on our asses!

Also, IGN pretty much says SP is average, MP is a beast. Which is what everyone expected.

Thank god that the reviewer knew MP was the reason people are buying it. Also, DICE/EA cannot release the game without an SP component...not if they want to sell it at $60.

Triple A games NEED the whole package nowadays...

If thats the case why an 8?

I sat behind Greg Miller at the Portal 2 booth at PAX east.
I was going to ask him what it was like to be such an amazing writer, but the guy sitting beside him interrupted me.

I wonder if he would have saw through my sarcasm.

Animator

The best thing about this is how the typical gaf crew will keep posting bomba as if single player or reviews matter at all with a game like BF3. :lol

Bazhard

Banned
MuseManMike said:
I called this. The SP is bringing down that score. EA, you fucking morons.
If that's the case why does COD get high reviews everytime?

Biggest-Geek-Ever said:
I think your time machine broke your picture. =/
How so? UC3 reviews are already out, a place gave it a 9.5, a second opinion on one was 8/10.

I DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU'RE SAYING TO ME?!!?!?

loblaw said:
I like how an 8/10 is considered awful nowadays.

for a triple A game it might as well be a 2/10, that's just how it goes.

Animator said:
The best thing about this is how the typical gaf crew will keep posting bomba as if single player or reviews matter at all with a game like BF3. :lol

this industry now runs on metacritic scores whether we like it or not.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
loblaw said:
I like how an 8/10 is considered awful nowadays.
when shit like resistance gets 9.5... 8 is pretty lackluster. especially after all that HYPE.

oh well its just an opinion people will still enjoy the fuck out of the game.

Lawl, nobody cares about the single player. Yet another reason they should've gone PC exclusive, they've could skipped that horseshit completely.

rdrr gnr

Red Blaster said:
Lawl, nobody cares about the single player. Yet another reason they should've gone PC exclusive, they've could skipped that horseshit completely.
You think that's the reason? We need separate OTs so I don't have to deal with this.

Red Blaster said:

look id love to see the entire gaming industry come crashing down on the console market as much as the next guy, but a pc exclusive mp only battlefield game would basically look half as good, with half the content, at half the price.

and everyone would still continue playing counter strike.

Bazhard

Banned
MuseManMike said:
I'll have to explain it at another time to adequately do so. Rain check.
No time in the world can explain why, fact is MW,MW2,BO and W@W were mediocre SP games, almost EVERY ONE of those titles launched with glitches.

So please explain how the SP has to do with the score, because according to IGN they don't give a fuck about SP in COD because it has never affected any of those scores, but BF3? guess EA didnt throw some cash in the pot.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
Red Blaster said:

I guess "horseshit" includes "making money."

Daigoro

Red Blaster said:

a compelling argument to be sure. the word "lawl" definitly drives the point home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom