• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 PC Community Meetup

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
What is this? MMO talk? In MY BF3 PC community thread?
It's more likely than you think

You guys best be ready for community night tonight. I've been caught up with work and school and now I can play again tonight! Better see you guys there!~

LordCanti

I had to wait in line for two hours at a restaurant on a Monday. Sorry if I missed anything (though it seems that is highly unlikely).

I applied to join the platoon under the name nakedsolidsnake. I want to get back into this game and play it with cooperative team mates!

I was planning on seeing Rashomon tomorrow night, but it's been waaaay too long. Finally finished a work conference last week, that we had been prepping all month long for.

Anyone KNOW they'll be playing/in Mumble tomorrow night? I am still going by the theatre to pick up the Rashomon poster, but will definitely play, probably ~9 PM CST.

LordCanti

I was planning on seeing Rashomon tomorrow night, but it's been waaaay too long. Finally finished a work conference last week, that we had been prepping all month long for.

Anyone KNOW they'll be playing/in Mumble tomorrow night? I am still going by the theatre to pick up the Rashomon poster, but will definitely play, probably ~9 PM CST.

Looks like Rashomon wins out. I'm jealous that it is showing in a theater near you.

(I may be there, but then again, I don't know if something will come up)

hellclerk

I'll show up on mumble, and at the worst, I'll try and drag along a few pals from the group I've been playing with recently. I've had to move on because none of you show up on mumble anymore! Hopefully tonight works out better...

Oh, and if you want to join the platoon, you CAN send me a PM! I'll put you through automatically if you already are part of a GAF platoon or are friends with a GAFer, but other than that, I have no way to see if you're a random just joining a random platoon.

AutumnAve

So, ah, I just bought this game because of a half off Origin sale, and I'm so terrible at it, its ridiculous. I'm mainly an JRPG/Fighting game guy. How do you play this game? Serious Question. I guess the entire BF3 community is just a million times better than me, haha.

I played for a bit with my little brother, actually around 8 PM CST, but comp crashed after 40 mins. I really need to get that USB sound card thingy, RealTek + BF3 = computer death.

So, ah, I just bought this game because of a half off Origin sale, and I'm so terrible at it, its ridiculous. I'm mainly an JRPG/Fighting game guy. How do you play this game? Serious Question. I guess the entire BF3 community is just a million times better than me, haha.

Any questions in particular? I might be playing some BF3 tomorrow night, I'd be happy to squad up.

AutumnAve

I'm not too sure. The pace of gameplay far exceeds what I'm used to playing, I guess. In most gunfights, I'm dead before my weapon's drawn. I was pretty good at some other ego shooters, but, I don't know, should I be playing with all the graphical flourishes off? Mouse and Keyboard? There's something I'm missing, probably.

I'm not too sure. The pace of gameplay far exceeds what I'm used to playing, I guess. In most gunfights, I'm dead before my weapon's drawn. I was pretty good at some other ego shooters, but, I don't know, should I be playing with all the graphical flourishes off? Mouse and Keyboard? There's something I'm missing, probably.

Whenever I'm have a rough night and getting killed way more than I should be, I just tell myself to "slow it down." I doubt this helps, but keep in mind that this isn't a game like CoD. There's many more angles you can get capped from. Also, don't run in the open :)

hellclerk

So. The NeoGAF BF3 server will be out of commission on June 1st.

I feel like we should have a gathering to send it off.

I'll be renewing my server around that time for CQ, so if there's anyone that's in it for the new guns. I'd be in on that game though. Could probably pull another few guys along too.

LordCanti

So. The NeoGAF BF3 server will be out of commission on June 1st.

I feel like we should have a gathering to send it off.

I'm in. I'm burning out on Diablo 3 anyway.

(Norua: Just saw your FR when I logged onto the Euro server during the US downtime. I guess FR's don't cross servers.)

Pennybags

Give me a time, give me a time. I'll be down.

I see Penny has joined the Xbox master race. Good man.

I've had the Xbox version since last year lol.

Only started playing it more recently with people I know IRL, visibility is so poor when you are in the air.

I suck with gamepad shooters now, and my friends like to play TDM. :(

Salsa

for those who launch with steam overlay (steam now allows for custom images on grid shorcuts):

bf3.jpg

bf3.jpg

Nabs

Has anyone been getting lockups with the new patch? Like system arresting have to cut the power lockups.

I got something weird yesterday. My game stopped for about 30 seconds, and then chugged for another 20 or so before going back to normal. It was very strange.

yeah my system locks up compleley, can't alt-tab or ctrl-alt-del, im trial and error testing now to see if its a specific setting

I had the same problem, and I had to hard reset my system. When I rebooted, I got the message, "overclocking failed," since I'm doing it automatically through the BIOS. I turned that feature off and haven't had a problem since.

Can someone on here help me? I just bought a copy of BF3 and downloaded and installed it (along with origin), and when I press the Play button it looks like it is getting ready to load it, and bam.. nothing.

It does pop up in my Task manager as BF3.exe*32bit (which is odd because I am running Win7 64 bit). Anything you guys would suggest? I just built my new PC and would love to play this game!

demolitio

Anyone who needs another squadmate on PC, please add "demolitio". I've been playing this again and loving every minute although getting used to the guns now is difficult. I love the recoil.

I'm trying to unlock the new guns now and need to revive some squadmates which shouldn't normally be hard if my current squadmates weren't sitting on a rock and sniping, lol.

Mazdarati

Neo Member
Can someone on here help me? I just bought a copy of BF3 and downloaded and installed it (along with origin), and when I press the Play button it looks like it is getting ready to load it, and bam.. nothing.

It does pop up in my Task manager as BF3.exe*32bit (which is odd because I am running Win7 64 bit). Anything you guys would suggest? I just built my new PC and would love to play this game!

When I hit the "Play" button, my web browser opens up to BF3's battlelog page. Is this what you mean by the play button?
Is Battlelog opening for you?

LordCanti

So there is little less than $500 left in our NeoGAF fund. Which was the best charity?

I'm still for Child's Play.

Alternatively, buy a ton of Humble Indie Bundles (courtesy of BF3 GAF), and then distribute them here to people that want them or something.

I already have it, so I say this purely as a charitable gesture.

Or buy yourself something nice. I won't mind.

Hi, I applied for the NA West platoon.

My Battlelog Soldier is SaltyDoughnut and I already added the clan tag.

achapel's pm box is full so I opted to post here for an acceptance.

Thanks

hellclerk

Alright, think I'm gonna donate half to Child's Play, and half to GAF. Objections?

Well, I have no say, but I'm still maintaining a CQ server, though I'm not 100% sure I'm going to be able to keep it up after my next 3 months are up. If people are cool with putting some into that, I'll make sure GAF members get reserved slots for as long as I'm not paying for it myself (and beyond).

I'll do my best to maintain it either way, but it's only a 16 man server, so it's not like it's terribly pricey, or difficult to fill.

Top Bottom