• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 Beta access if you preorder MOH: Warfighter

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
It will have been 2 years since BF3 came out if BF4 comes out during fall (it will). That's pretty good compared to CoD and a miracle for Battlefield. What did people expect? Not to see one for whole 5-7 years?

They are doing the same thing as COD, but with two brands instead of one.
Infinity Ward was Even, Trench was Odd.
Battlefield will be every odd year, MoH will be even.

Foffy

Banned
This ... isnt the kind of series where you make a new game every 2 years EA. 3 years minimum.

Do you think they care? Annualized franchises are something EA loves with Madden, and they're clearly loving it with their two franchises aspiring to be Call of Duty.

Salsa

Someone messed up. This can't be real.

well what would it say otherwise?

I do think they messed up in the sense that they probably wanted to held off a bit to reveal this in order to get more people to buy Premium, straight up devil style.

Before I fly off the handle I went and looked deeper into the actual MoH game itself and it doesn't even make a mention of a Battlefield 4 Beta when it describes what the Digital Deluxe Version includes. I'm hoping this is a mistake but if it's true, I'm done with BF.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
0hBdy.gif
:(

If only they'd do this for Mirror's Edge.

olimpia84

If true this probably means a late 2013/early 2014 release date right?
And if you guys think it's too soon buy the game later?

GrizzNKev

Banned
well what would it say otherwise?

I do think they messed up in the sense that they probably wanted to held off a bit to reveal this in order to get more people to buy Premium, straight up devil style.

I just bought Premium because I really like BF3. I love BF3. They wouldn't do this to me. Right? It took forever to get BF3... I want it to take forever to get BF4. Where is Mirror's Edge 2? Where is that different game, DICE?

Battlefield 4? Well guys, it looks like the Battlefield franchise has now achieved 100% sync with Call of Duty. First Battlefield Premium but now Battlefield 4, probably ~2 years after Battlefield 3.

If it was Bad Company 3 then I would be okay, but an entire new Battlefield. I can see where the last game designer recently left DICE.

TGMIII

See, this is why you're not running a multinational videogame publisher. Lack of vision.

So you're happy to buy a game and months of DLC for it then to be essentially useless once the new version comes out? I know some people will stick around BF3 but most of the player base will jump ship if previous games and other franchises are anything to go by.

I know for EA it's good business wise but it sure as hell isn't for consumers.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
They are doing the same thing as COD, but with two brands instead of one.
Infinity Ward was Even, Trench was Odd.
Battlefield will be every odd year, MoH will be even.

Not even close in the eyes of consumers. CoD is CoD. They care not who makes it. You'll find this is not the case for MoH and BF.

As for BF Premium, they are providing content for BF3 up to however long. I really don't see the complaint. Just because BF4 is coming doesn't negate the content for Premium.

Didn't someone from EA say that it would take years to unlock everything in BF3? Yeah right. I guess when it comes to trying to pump out as many games as you can before the well runs dry, EA is slowly getting there behind Activision. I guess it's a matter of time before we see a Mass Effect 4 ad somewhere on Origin.

Sean

Banned
Battlefield doesn't make sense to be returning in 2013 unless its a next gen game

"Real" version on PC/720/PS4 and then a toned down version for 360/PS3/Wii U. Would make a lot of sense, establish the franchise on the next-gen consoles early on but still be able to sell to a massive userbase of 360/ps3 owners.

TGMIII

Not even close in the eyes of consumers. CoD is CoD. They care not who makes it. You'll find this is not the case for MoH and BF.

As for BF Premium, they are providing content for BF3 up to however long. I really don't see the complaint. Just because BF4 is coming doesn't negate the content for Premium.

It certainly doesn't negate the content but I think the issue most people have is that once BF4 launches a huge number of those BF3 players are going to jump ship naturally and assuming that BF4 would be launching sometime late next year you're not getting a lot of gameplay time with the new content in BF3.

Obviously this is all assuming that this isn't a mistake and that BF4 actually launches next year. If it was to fall into 2014 I guess I'd feel a little better knowing that you'll have a lot more time with the new content but I guess I'm still used to shooters like BF2 lasting a lot longer than most do this gen.

xJavonta

Banned
Was the last MoH game any good?

Paying $70 for beta access to a game who's predecessor didn't live up to the hype (for me personally) isn't worth it unless the actual game I'm buying is any good.

Also, this is too soon. Give the game some more time. Each CoD is in production for about 2 years, we don't want that to happen with BF.

olimpia84

Didn't someone from EA say that it would take years to unlock everything in BF3? Yeah right. I guess when it comes to trying to pump out as many games as you can before the well runs dry, EA is slowly getting there behind Activision. I guess it's a matter of time before we see a Mass Effect 4 ad somewhere on Origin.

That's true though. Show me somebody that has unlocked every dogtag in the game...it will take you for-fucking-ever. But I don't get your point; the fact that BF4 will be out 'soon' doesn't mean you have to stop playing BF3. You can completely ignore BF4 and buy it much later on.

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
Well, that's the end of Battlefield for me. Had enough.

I read an article about the possibility of a video game crash this morning. It can't come soon enough.

Majanew

Banned
Some are saying too early? If it releases Fall 2013, that's 2 years. Pretty much the norm turnaround. Hell, Ass Creed is every year. BF4 for Xbox Durango's launch would be awesome.

olimpia84

It certainly doesn't negate the content but I think the issue most people have is that once BF4 launches a huge number of those BF3 players are going to jump ship naturally and assuming that BF4 would be launching sometime late next year you're not getting a lot of gameplay time with the new content in BF3.

You can still find plenty of people to play with in BC1 and BC2. I don't see why BF3 would become an exception.

Was the last MoH game any good?

Single player was good. Multiplayer was atrocious.

Waaaaaaaay too soon. I really enjoyed Battlefield 3 (multiplayer wise anyways), but it's way, way, way too soon.

What EA should be doing is this: Battlefield 3 (2011) > Medal of Honor: Warfighter (2012) > Battlefield: Bad Company 3 (2013) > Medal of Honor 2014 > Battlefield 4 (2015).

Smash88

Banned
Well, that's the end of Battlefield for me. Had enough.

I read an article about the possibility of a video game crash this morning. It can't come soon enough.

Could you possibly link the article, I'd be interested in reading it. And I agree wholeheartedly.

Some are saying too early? If it releases Fall 2013, that's 2 years. Pretty much the norm turnaround. Hell, Ass Creed is every year. BF4 for Xbox Durango's launch would be awesome.

Yeah, but these are two different types of games. One is single player focused, while the other is a DLC/Premium Pack type of game that adds longevity and helps the community thrive, something like World of Warcraft but condensed on a massive scale. It just seems weird where they could profit on BF3 for another 2 years AT LEAST, instead they essentially made the game dead as people will just wait for the next release. Hell, BF2 is still thriving (mainly due to its modding community); it's just a shame.

BlackJace

Waaaaaaaay too soon. I really enjoyed Battlefield 3 (multiplayer wise anyways), but it's way, way, way too soon.

What EA should be doing is this: Battlefield 3 (2011) > Medal of Honor: Warfighter (2012) > Mirror's Edge 2 (2012) > Battlefield: Bad Company 3 (2014) Battlefield 4 (2018).

Fixed.

demolitio

Hasn't EA said numerous times before that they wanted to have a MOH and BF alternating release schedule so they would always have one big shooter to combat COD that year? The main BF series shouldn't be stuck to that schedule which is where I thought some spinoffs would come in before the big 4 game but I guess it's no different if it's going to be DICE on every BF game anyway. I just hope that's enough time to improve the series enough to make it worthy of being 4.

BF has always been a series that you could play well after release and a 2 year schedule would scare me quite a bit, but EA made it pretty clear that's their plan.

Top Bottom