• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 Beta access if you preorder MOH: Warfighter

Majanew

Banned
Could you possibly link the article, I'd be interested in reading it. And I agree wholeheartedly.

Yeah, but these are two different types of games. One is single player focused, while the other is a DLC/Premium Pack type of game that adds longevity and helps the community thrive, something like World of Warcraft but condensed on a massive scale. It just seems weird where they could profit on BF3 for another 2 years AT LEAST, instead they essentially made the game dead as people will just wait for the next release. Hell, BF2 is still thriving (mainly due to its modding community); it's just a shame.

Yeah and BF3 crushed Ass Creed in sales. They can continue to profit on BF3 for the next year and a half till BF4 releases.

TGMIII

You can still find plenty of people to play with in BC1 and BC2. I don't see why BF3 would become an exception.

I'm not saying it would, it will obviously still have some people playing but it's going to be a considerably less amount of players. I always felt like the time in between BF1942 and BF2 (3 years) was great, the distance between BF2 and BF2142 not so much but this looks to be closing the gap even further.

I mean we'll see how it plays out, I'm not outraged or anything like that but I'd personally prefer if the game had a bit of a longer life on its own before a direct sequel comes out. My main concern is that they start doing with they're doing with CoD and just churn out a slightly different BF every year. At that point I'm out.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Didn't BF3 ship 15 million? Considering CoD does 20 million or so every year, EA must be trying to ship a mainline BF game every two years.

Any mention of BF4 on the Warfighter page has been pulled from Origin, both from client and web portal.
As they say, if it's on the internet...

mxgt

Banned
I wonder if BF is going to turn into a yearly installment with minimal changes like a certain other shooter we know

Remember the first recent Medal of Honor came out in 2010 and offered BF3 beta access. BF3 came out October 25, 2011

So, Medal of Honor:Warfighter Fall 2012...Battlefield 4 Fall 2013.

JimFear

Banned
it make sense...

Battlefield bad company 1 = 2008
Battlefield bad company 2 = 2010

Medal of honor 2010
Medal of honor : War fighter 2012

Battlefield 3 = 2011
Battlefield 4 = 2013

Its probably too soon to expect a 1st half of 2013 release for bf4. Im sure we can expect something in the 2nd half of 2013

Valnen

With the amount of content that they are trying to pump into BF3 with Premium yes, I was fully ready and thinking to play BF3 for the next few years. Now that I see EA wants to go the CoD route, I can no longer support this type of behavior.

Since when is releasing a game every 2 years the CoD route? Last I checked the CoD route was releasing one every year. 2 years is plenty of time.

DXPett1

fuckthis_foldingchair.gif

Xater

it make sense...

Battlefield bad company 1 = 2008
Battlefield bad company 2 = 2010

Medal of honor 2010
Medal of honor : War fighter 2012

Battlefield 3 = 2011
Battlefield 4 = 2013

Its probably too soon to expect a 1st half of 2013 release for bf4. Im sure we can expect something in the 2nd half of 2013

Well duh! MOH and BF are EA holiday shooter titles now. They will be released every two years.

BF4 could be a nice next-gen launch title.

Since when is releasing a game every 2 years the CoD route? Last I checked the CoD route was releasing one every year. 2 years is plenty of time.

That's the same cycle as COD though.

Treyarch one year, Infinity Ward the next.

DICE one year, Danger Close the next.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Maybe they'll do the beta more than 1 month away from the actual game release.

I sure hope so. That pissed off a ton of people for obvious reasons.

While I am getting Warfighter (the MP trailers kinda sold me), this is a nice cherry on top. The only concern I have is what the rest of GAF thinks.

Might be too soon, most likely console will have 24 player caps on maps again, and might not be up to par.

Speaking of Battlefield, what does this make for BF Premium? So is there going to be a BF 4 Premium (most likely) and will BF4 have BATTLECORDER?!?!?!

Seriously, it NEEDS Battlecorder!

Ezduo

Banned
Well I guess holding off to buy Battlefield 3 for a few years like I did with 2 will pay off. Maybe I'll be able to just skip it altogether!

The Jason

What could they do differently in order to justify another game so soon? Unless its a typo and its really a new BF 2143.

Even fall '13 seems too soon

Criminal

Neo Member
I think it's lame that the OP mentioned a site that didn't even break the story first, but now major sites will give them the credit instead of MP1st, who posted it first. I could have come here and linked my story when I broke it, but I don't like to spam GAF. Oh well, yet another story goes un-credited.

Smokey

I think it's lame that the OP mentioned a site that didn't even break the story first, but now major sites will give them the credit instead of MP1st, who posted it first. I could have come here and linked my story when I broke it, but I don't like to spam GAF. Oh well, yet another story goes un-credited.

:/

Xater

What could they do differently in order to justify another game so soon? Unless its a typo and its really a new BF 2143.

Even fall '13 seems too soon

Justification: Shareholders like money and a shooter every fall generates it. End of Story.

Did the OP find out about Battlefield 4 by reading your site?

It wouldn't have been considered spam to post a thread on NeoGAF that EA are already advertising a Battlefield 4 Beta.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
loving BF3 as a mindless shooter, bought Premium but I don't see me paying for BF4 if it's not a next-gen title.

lol at the guys who said all that expensive DLC/season pass would be worth it coz there wouldnt be a BF4 for years.

EA's on a quest to end this gen in the gutter.

Top Bottom