• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 PS4 multiplayer issues

NekoFever

This is what happens every time I spawn in a heli gunner seat:

c3u1fdF.gif

Why would you spawn in the pilot seat if you can't fly the damn thing?

I've been saying since BF1942 that they need some kind of offline flight tutorial that has to be passed before you can fly online. I'm so sick of some moron doing nothing for the team while they wait for the aircraft to respawn and then immediately flying into a tree.

Also autokick for any pilot who bails out of a helicopter full of people in the middle of nowhere because they only wanted it to taxi them to the point where they're going to sit and snipe for the whole game.

Jon

I was playing Battlefield 4, and right after killing someone, my PS4 started beeping, and then shut off. It tried to boot back up, but then went into safe mode like 5 times. I unplugged the power, plugged it back in...and it was able to boot properly. I haven't tried to play anything else yet, out of fear the Playstation will burst into flames.

Is this a symptom of some crazy BF4 issue, or is it a coincidental symptom of my PS4 dying the day after Christmas?

Jon

That sort of sounds like it was overheating. Do you have it in an enclosed space, or up against a wall, or was it on the carpet?

I have it in a wide open spot, and the house is pretty chilly in the back family room. But you're right, the way it shut down does seem like it overheated.

Sigh, I guess I'll just see how it goes, and if it happens again I'll call Sony.

AmyS

So is china rising not available for non premium users yet ?

PS4 China Rising IS available for non-premium users.

I myself do not have premium but was able to download and play the CR maps over a week ago.

EA / DICE *really* REALLY need to make things not so fucking confusing with regard to their DLC expansions for BF4.

Between 2 week early access for premium users and the fact that only XBone has Second Assault for now, it's easy to see how even avid gamers are confused on BF4 DLC.

VariantX

I've been saying since BF1942 that they need some kind of offline flight tutorial that has to be passed before you can fly online. I'm so sick of some moron doing nothing for the team while they wait for the aircraft to respawn and then immediately flying into a tree.

Also autokick for any pilot who bails out of a helicopter full of people in the middle of nowhere because they only wanted it to taxi them to the point where they're going to sit and snipe for the whole game.

OMG, this. They don't even bother to fly over a point to let people parachute off so the team can start to work on capping the point. They just fly directly to the most far away point and couldn't give two shits about playing the game the other 63 people on the server are playing.

jsip

Banned
Why does it always seem to crash when you are doing well, so annoying.
That or lag kicks in. Was sniping yesterday, not doing too shabby since I dont usually snipe around 16-3, all of a sudden my bullets just pass through people and/or I'm dead to rights with an easy headshot of a dude behind cover and the bullets just travel through his forehead constantly. Annoying.

OMG, this. They don't even bother to fly over a point to let people parachute off so the team can start to work on capping the point. They just fly directly to the most far away point and couldn't give two shits about playing the game the other 63 people on the server are playing.

I used to like finding guys like that in BF3/Operation Firestorm, constantly spawning up in the mountains, killing them over and over with helicopters and sniper rifles. No mercy for those fellows.

I was playing Battlefield 4, and right after killing someone, my PS4 started beeping, and then shut off. It tried to boot back up, but then went into safe mode like 5 times. I unplugged the power, plugged it back in...and it was able to boot properly. I haven't tried to play anything else yet, out of fear the Playstation will burst into flames.

Is this a symptom of some crazy BF4 issue, or is it a coincidental symptom of my PS4 dying the day after Christmas?

I had an instance where after playing for not even 30 minutes, my ps4 did the same thing. Mine didn't reboot into safe mode but to a blue screen that said "the system has encountered an error" or something to that effect. I called Amazon and had a replacement sent. No idea what caused the issue but I figured it was either my hdd was bad or the power supply. New one is fine *knock on wood*.

Raven77

So my friend and I purchased this game from Target about four days prior to the ps4 launch.

Why do we not have a code for the free China Rising DLC? Did Target screw up or something? Another friend got it from WalMart day before launch and has the free code.

The PS4 comes with a mic, yet no one says a word. It's pretty ridiculous. Also, I can't stand having to chase down a medic because he/she refuses to acknowledge my constant plea for a health pack.

NuKERxyz

The PS4 comes with a mic, yet no one says a word. It's pretty ridiculous. Also, I can't stand having to chase down a medic because he/she refuses to acknowledge my constant plea for a health pack.

The best days of online gaming on consoles were on Xbox 360 before they added the party system.
Gears of War, Call of Duty 2/3/4, oh the memories.. :(

majik13

there should be some sort of audio cue or character chatter when the pilot/driver exits from a vehichle. Like...

"I'm bailing!!" "Im getting out of here..." etc.

So many times while I am gunning or something, it is ussually too late to do anythign once you realize the heli is actually falling.

This would be helpful for any vehichle, because when you are tryign to gun people down as a passenger in a vehichle you are not looking at the vehichle name list in the bottom right corner.

thenexus6

Question!

Just got game, its saying I need a origin account and need to create one - why can't I just sign into my existing account thats linked to all my Xbox 360 games. Do I really need to create a brand new one?

I didn't think mine even came with a mic. Then I realized that dinky earbud they provided was it.

I need to find something more substantial.

Any suggestions, GAF?

iJudged

Banned
The 17th I believe for the PS4 and I wanna say the 19th for X1 though I'm not positive. Somewhere in there.
I can confirm that since the last update for xbone I haven't had any problems, none what's so ever, almost 10 days now, been playing the shit out of it. Hopefully they sort things out on ps4 soon.

Raven77

I didn't preorder and I got it. If you bought it around launch, there was a good chance you'd snag a copy with it.

I just dont understand how I can buy it pre-launch and NOT get the DLC code. Tempted to try and go talk to Target about it.

zlatko

Banned
I full on avoid getting into vehicles in BF4 after my BF3 experiences.

I'll take my modest k/d and points contributed. If I need first place glories I'll hop into a TDM or squad TDM, but Idc about my placing in a conquest as long as I don't go negative in k/d and help take over a decent amount of points.

I can't operate vehicles that well and I always get derpatron 9000 with a sworn duty to crap his pants while steering a helicopter right into a building.

#likeaboss :/

majik13

I didn't think mine even came with a mic. Then I realized that dinky earbud they provided was it.

I need to find something more substantial.

Any suggestions, GAF?

An iPhone earbud is better if you have one layign around. Personally I use my TB x41 wireless surround sound headset, but you need to get an extra, yet inexpensive, cable from TurtleBeach to get chat to work with the PS4

Gator86

I absolutely cannot get China Rising to work. I have if downloaded and installed. I can see those maps in the server browser but just hopping into a quick game won't allow me to play them at all. Apparently a ton of people are having the same issue.

Ovid

That's a result of the COD player coming over to BF4.

You know, the fuckers that actually care about K/D ratio. BF isn't about K/D it's about helping your team win the fucking round.

Drop ammo and medpacks you dumb fuckers.

The helo bailouts annoys me too. Also, don't get into a gunship if you're going to fly solo...seriously. You'll do better if you have a gunner.

That's a result of the COD player coming over to BF4.

I hate that shit. You hardly ever see medpacks or ammo laying around.

It also surprises me sometimes when people actually pick me up when I ask for a ride.

Unless you are on that prison map then there are med packs and ammo packs everywhere.

Edit: Operation met.... I mean Locker.

I tried using my headset in a few games as well and it was a ghost town. Nobody seems to use the como rose thing either. I'd request orders or ammo or meds and nothing.

daevv

I absolutely cannot get China Rising to work. I have if downloaded and installed. I can see those maps in the server browser but just hopping into a quick game won't allow me to play them at all. Apparently a ton of people are having the same issue.

I can never get into them using the quick game option. I'm on PS4. I usually go into server search. Search for conquest and only select the CR maps. I get into a only CR map rotation then.

I just dont understand how I can buy it pre-launch and NOT get the DLC code. Tempted to try and go talk to Target about it.

Because it was a pre-order perk. Some stores will have the pre-order version of BF4 after the launch of BF4 and still sell it so they don't lose money. The front of the game box should say "Includes BF4 China Rising expansion pack". If it doesn't say that then it's just a normal version of the game.

In my case I pre-ordered it but didn't stand in line at midnight, they still gave me the goodies I would've got if I did because they had extra.

AC:IV- I didn't pre-order that but when I went to buy it the guy at Gamestop gave me a pre-order version of it just because they had extra.

If you can find them pick them up but don't count on it a few weeks after the launch of the game.

Top Bottom