• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 Unveil - March 26 - San Francisco - [Wallpaper] - [Teaser Webpage]

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
croppercapture1f9k4o.png

I hope BF4 is PC and next gen only. While I mostly enjoy BF3 on 360 it really runs rather poorly.

I'm hopeful that the air vehicles will finally be better balanced in BF4. While they were too OP in BC2 they're waay too ineffective in BF3 and are shot down almost instantly.

Megasoum

Banned
So with China pretty much confirmed I guess the whole "new era of Battlefield" is a third faction. This could change gameplay a lot.

Maybe all the wet stuff in the vine teaser of the teaser of the teaser (lol) hints at weather. Would be awesome.

TCRS

Banned
How is China new? We've already had China. Iran as a faction would be new. Even simpler would be to bring the MEC back. :(

VeeP

DICE, EA, any chance we can purchase multiplayer separately, for a cheaper price say $40? I don't buy BF for the campaign.

Hell, toss in a BF4 Premium and up the price to $70/80 I'll buy.

So with China pretty much confirmed I guess the whole "new era of Battlefield" is a third faction. This could change gameplay a lot.

eh?

Battlefield 1942 had:

Japanese
Americans
British
Italians
Canadians
Russians

Battlefield 2 had
Euro
American
Chinese
Middle Eastern Coalition
Russian

it's just the newer BF games have two factions...those games had a diverse set of weapons, vehicles, authentic dialogue etc

Megasoum

Banned
eh?

Battlefield 1942 had:

Japanese
Americans
British
Italians
Canadians
Russians

Battlefield 2 had
Euro
American
Chinese
Middle Eastern Coalition
Russian

it's just the newer BF games have two factions...those games had a diverse set of weapons, vehicles, authentic dialogue etc

I mean as in 3 factions at the same time on the map.

eh?

Battlefield 1942 had:

Japanese
Americans
British
Italians
Canadians
Russians

Battlefield 2 had
Euro
American
Chinese
Middle Eastern Coalition
Russian

I think he means a third playable faction--three factions on a CQ map at a time.

Biggzy

]I hope BF4 is PC and next gen only.[/B] While I mostly enjoy BF3 on 360 it really runs rather poorly.

I'm hopeful that the air vehicles will finally be better balanced in BF4. While they were too OP in BC2 they're waay too ineffective in BF3 and are shot down almost instantly.

You already know the answer to this. EA are not going to leave money on the table.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
i never had any real bad issues with them maybe a handful of a couple ass hats driving the ships way out at sea but that was pretty rare having great naval fights on battle of midway and wake island made up for that

woober

Looks like its going to be a CGI trailer. BOOOOOOOOOO.

I'm excited anyway. Day 1 on PC unless EA microtransations the shit out of this game.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Yes everything revealed about bf3 was in game. Dice doesnt do cg.

They did a lot of CG for the Bad Company games... at least for their "reveals". Eventually they changed to the awesome Battlefield Moments gameplay trailers, but Bad Company was introduced in CG.

Not saying that's what they'll do for BF4 (honestly don't believe they'll go that route, doesn't make sense give the circumstances) just saying...

Did you play Battlefield 1942 back when it was popular? Players used to take aircraft carriers off map, ram carries into destroyers and take both off map...there was a lot of trolling going on unless there were admins around.

It took the entire round length to actually get them across.

TCRS

Banned
naval combat would be a welcome addition, I hope only the high ranking players are allowed access to the ships/subs though :p

Ever since they've removed the PPM linked rank (it was in BF2: Modern Combat (Xbox, I don't know how it was on the PC)), your rank means fuck all. This sort of shit seriously infuriates me, it's casualisation, appealing to the lowest demoninator. Just so that whiny kids with no skill can have a shiny 100 rank. PPM-linked ranks worked well, low level players were put together with low-level players, and higher levels with higher levels. If you were shit over a long period you lost rank. If you were good you were promoted.

BF2: MC is still the best console BF ever created. It had everything. Four factions (US, China, MEC, Euro), many tanks/vehicles, PPM-linked ranks and still some of the best console maps ever.

derFeef

Did you play Battlefield 1942 back when it was popular? Players used to take aircraft carriers off map, ram carries into destroyers and take both off map...there was a lot of trolling going on unless there were admins around.

Better than artificially locking out content and gameplay, which they already do with the unlocks anway.

It took the entire round length to actually get them across.

this is false....my favorite map was Wake island, both the carrier and the destroyer spawned next to each other (same goes for midway and guadalcanal). And in Omaha beach you could take the destroyer off map in 15 seconds....

Dice removed naval warefare after Battlefield 1942 because of all the team killing that was going on

After the 2143 teasing, I'm gonna be really disappointed if it's another present-day military shooter. BF3 and the premium maps/content was really well done, imo. More of the same, so quickly, wouldn't excite me much.

Makoto

i wouldnt mind like some sort of cert for vehicles like how planetside dose it
I would totally not like that.

DICE needs to just give players access to all weapons, attachments, class abilities and vehicles accessories from the start. Ditch the grind requirements, it's pointless and impedes the ability of players to compete at an equal level.

After the 2143 teasing, I'm gonna be really disappointed if it's another present-day military shooter. BF3 and the premium maps/content was really well done, imo. More of the same, so quickly, wouldn't excite me much.

It is a present day shooter....don't expect anything else.

rhn94

Banned
I would totally not like that.

DICE needs to just give players access to all weapons, attachments, class abilities and vehicles accessories from the start. Ditch the grind requirements, it's pointless and impedes the ability of players to compete at an equal level.

COMMUNIST!

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
beats getting into a chopper with someone then realizing real quick this person is crap and cant fly as you see the ground coming faster at you while your upside down

EVIL

For the teaser, is there a Sub? I only ask because the second part looks like its underwater.

The Teaser in question

Look to be tank tracks.
the water could be a puddle. if you look at the cover or wallpaper, you see there is allot of rain, water, and splatter. I can imagine water and weather stuff will be a large feature in the game. oh and reflections EVERYWHERE!

Top Bottom