• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 6 set for next-gen, what do they need to fix/improve?

DCDW

BF2143 or something modern themed. You know they weren't jazzed about the WW2 setting in BFV when they added Holosights to the game.

Remove women form the game :messenger_tears_of_joy: . In all seriousness, just fucking make a war game based on history or fictional without inserting todays woke standards.

History had women in the front lines. Those are the facts. So put down whatever pipe it is you're smoking. Its clouding your judgement and ability to think clearly before speaking.

2865b82cd2297f5e93fd254c4c46de81.jpg

Last edited:
We here at DICE are going to tell the UNTOLD STORIES of WW2... That's right you're gonna see the untold stories of British women fighting Nazi women, and American women fighting Nazis and if you wait a really long those American women might just face off against some Japanese women!!!

The Soviet Union, Poland, Italy, France, Yugoslavia, Hungary, Finland, Australia, Greece, China, Romania, Canada, etc.. what are those? Never heard of them.

History had women in the front lines. Those are the facts. So put down whatever pipe it is you're smoking. Its clouding your judgement and ability to think clearly before speaking.

There were women in WW1 just not in the scale Dice made them out to be because they wanted to please woke culture. There were no woman generals and individual badasses with hooks for arms.

" Women in World War I were mobilized in unprecedented numbers on all sides. The vast majority of these women were drafted into the civilian work force to replace conscripted men or work in greatly expanded munitions factories. Thousands served in the military in support roles, e.g. as nurses, but in Russia some saw combat as well."

If we are going to say that "some" women fought than you might as well say children also fought in WW1. There was no woman on woman battle, massive scale female task force etc bullshit. I think its you who doesnt know his history. Go back to grade school and have another go.

Last edited:

HawarMiran

Banned
There were women in WW1 just not in the scale Dice made them out to be because they wanted to please woke culture. There were no woman generals and individual badasses with hooks for arms.

" Women in World War I were mobilized in unprecedented numbers on all sides. The vast majority of these women were drafted into the civilian work force to replace conscripted men or work in greatly expanded munitions factories. Thousands served in the military in support roles, e.g. as nurses, but in Russia some saw combat as well."

If we are going to say that "some" women fought than you might as well say children also fought in WW1. There was no woman on woman battle, massive scale female task force etc bullshit. I think its you who doesnt know his history. Go back to grade school and have another go.
So he says while he 360 no scopes jumping out of a jet

Naked Lunch

You know what? Don't even make BF6 at this point.
Just re-release the pc versions of BF1942, BF2, and BF3 to modern consoles with a modern server browser.
Ive never seen a dev fall so far from grace. Battlefield used to be my main gaming franchise for years.

So he says while he 360 no scopes jumping out of a jet
You sort of have a point but those things mostly happen in youtube videos. Most of the time players experience relatively benign pvp fighting.

There will always be elements that are gamey but at the same time as tech improves things are getting closer to sim.

The thing with depicting historical events in entertainment is they come with a set of rules and visual identity. Film, tv, and games always take some degree of liberty with how accurate these depictions are but once you start messing with it too much the illusion falls away and then what are you left with?

Personally, the female character models didn't stand out to me as much as the wide variety of races with characters sporting goofy shit like hooks, face paint and samarai swords in the reveal.

BF1 was already pushing the limit but with BFV it didn't look at all like how I understood WWII anymore and so the illusion was broken, at that point they might as well as go full ham and make it alternate history with cool steampunk elements, which I would have loved.

Imho opinion stay away from ww1-ww2 stuff go back to more modern ages that are popular with better weapon's/vehicles selection and also lose the sjw crap .

Codswallop_

Neophyte
After being burned on two hollow Battlefront games and the mess that is BF5 it'll take a lot to bring me back. Drop the political hysterics and focus on the content and actually making the game an enjoyable experience. BF5 was a joke, seriously. How do you do a WW2 BATTLEFIELD game and not even include the biggest front/faction in the Soviets? And when they finally added the US/Japanese factions they decided to start tweaking weapon damage and totally fucked up the balancing. Not to mention the attacker/defender roles were completely reversed. Just a mess from beginning to end.

Skullkid94700

Neo Member
Honestly, BF4 hit it the best. Fully destructible environments, very large scale battles (just for those who want it) and more reliable servers is what 6 needs.

Also, it's time to return to modern combat. Show MW what it means to have a truly tactical modern shooter.

Then put in a robotic tiger. Just for shits.

JonnyMP3

I just want a Rush again with great map design and balance. Tactically trying to break through to the Mcoms or setting up around it for defence...
BF4 ruined Rush with the shitty map implementation by making the areas too big and not focused enough.

OrtizTwelve

As the title, what do you want to see in BF 6

edit - there was a poll, which has broked. Mods, can you halp?

Just recreate the feeling of battlefield 3 or 4 with modern effects and graphics, and you have a winner.

That is it. No need to “tell stories of underrepresented events” of war or anything else like that nonsense.

GenericUser

- more vehicles/aircrafts etc., 1 or 2 tanks for 32 players is ridiculous. Batltlefield should not be about infantry combat primarily
- more players, 128 players should be standard
- cut the bullshit, no robot makeup wearing waifus in pink armor
- make it a grounded, gritty experience, focus on the battlefield feeling (being in the midst of a war)
- no fucking singleplayer, who plays singleplayer in MP shooters? See how Rainbow Six did it, nuff said.
- don't try to copy cod, battlefield is not cod
- make all classes viable and not only 1 or 2

Last edited:

HawarMiran

Banned
You sort of have a point but those things mostly happen in youtube videos. Most of the time players experience relatively benign pvp fighting.

There will always be elements that are gamey but at the same time as tech improves things are getting closer to sim.

The thing with depicting historical events in entertainment is they come with a set of rules and visual identity. Film, tv, and games always take some degree of liberty with how accurate these depictions are but once you start messing with it too much the illusion falls away and then what are you left with?

Personally, the female character models didn't stand out to me as much as the wide variety of races with characters sporting goofy shit like hooks, face paint and samarai swords in the reveal.

BF1 was already pushing the limit but with BFV it didn't look at all like how I understood WWII anymore and so the illusion was broken, at that point they might as well as go full ham and make it alternate history with cool steampunk elements, which I would have loved.
you know the only reason for those cosmetics is a new way for them to monetize. We either accept it or wemight kiss games like battlefield goodbye. Fifa is making EA the most money as far as i know and it probably cost them a fraction of Battlefield to make (excluding licences)

HawarMiran

Banned
I just want a Rush again with great map design and balance. Tactically trying to break through to the Mcoms or setting up around it for defence...
BF4 ruined Rush with the shitty map implementation by making the areas too big and not focused enough.
Arica Harbor :messenger_smiling_hearts:

JonnyMP3

Arica Harbor :messenger_smiling_hearts:
As a BF3 boy... Damavand Peak, Grand Bizarre and Noshar Canals plus obligatory Metro for the lulz.
There was also the Karkand stuff that I can't remember the names off of the top of my head apart from Kharg Island and Wake Island.

Last edited:

JonnyMP3

Haha oh Metro was my favourite rush map in BF3 because when you entered the subway it got crazy :messenger_tears_of_joy:
One of the best times in the Metro subway because everything got funneled in tight, was to use Support class, grab yourself an LMG like the M240 or PKP, extended mag for double the bullets and just mow people down in the corridors and trains! ☺

yea, Russia did. their strategy was to throws bodies at the germans. so i was fine with the russian factions having female snipers. but when you start adding women to the other factions it was silly

REDRZA MWS

I think we need a more contemporary setting. Battlefield 4 really personified everything I wanted out of a massive multiplayer shooter this generation, part of that came from the setting, but what the setting really did was add so many toys to play with. There was a shitload of guns for every class, with a shitload of attachments and a shitload of gadgets. There was always something new to grind for, and always something new to play with.

I had fun with Battlefield 1 and I tried out Battlefield V, but ultimately I still keep going back to BF4 on both PC and PS4, so there's a charm that game has that the newer ones lack, and I definitely think it's the lower amount of toys in those games.
Concur 100%. BF4 on PS4 was and is still by far my favorite online shooter period this gen. To think we haven’t got a true sequal to THAT game, is criminal. BF1 and BFV are an abomination.

cormack12

Gold Member
Metro was the meat grinder, except for the hill on that snow level. To be honest j didnt mind some of the hardline levels either

my personal wish-list

- modern or cold war but MUST MUST have helis
- 128 players
- vehicles spawn on map
- gunsmith
- some maps designed for rush specifically
- way more vehicles per side, akin to bf4
- keep GaaS but actually do it right like MW
- BR. Warzone just proves to me that BF is the perfect game to have BR

mcz117chief

32v32 with 100s of bots to really make it feel like a battlefield. Let players be special forces and the bots the regulars. Something like attrition in Titanfall 1.

dont go woke like they did in BFV and dont take steps back in improvements like they did in BFV then spend months fixing netcode and shit that was fixed last game

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
- Something to grab my attention for years, so a progression system (so, a battle pass would be awesome);
- Only Team Deatmatch and BR;
- NO vehicles;
- A bigger focus in diversity;
- More weapons customization (don't care if it's only more skins. I want unlocks).

How many people have I triggered?

You me had eyerolling on the first two.

Legit triggered by the 3rd one and I actually wanted to reply.

Then I finally clued in on the 4th one. Well done.

Last edited:

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
- Modern Setting
- Vehicles are already present on the map and you can just jump in and out of them, no spawning in as the driver class or whatever.
- Remove the forced bleed out sequence from the last one
- Destruction everywhere (I think it was like bad company 2 there was a map in a big valley that curved with a village right in the middle.... by the end of the match the entire village was just completely rubble 360 degrees)
- Basically just replay the hell out BF2, 3, 4 and Bad Company and figure out how to facelift that gameplay into the next gen and don't get too cute.

CitizenX

Banned
BF in really weird place they tried to do that balance of simulation/ casual gameplay along with the "We woke" model. I hate to say it but with all that $$$ and talent they should be killing it but trying to please everyone is their first mistake.They basically are surviving like a lot of other franchises, by name alone. While you may not be playing them there are a lot of games equal to BF right now and that should not be the case. BF1 was the last great reveal and killed it, it should still be the main game today. They were in such a hurry because the "community"(bunch of asses) kept crying everyday. DICE is an excellant dev. but they are derailed and really have no faith they can get it back on track, o well back Insurgency and HLL.

notseqi

BF in really weird place they tried to do that balance of simulation/ casual gameplay along with the "We woke" model. I hate to say it but with all that $$$ and talent they should be killing it but trying to please everyone is their first mistake.They basically are surviving like a lot of other franchises, by name alone. While you may not be playing them there are a lot of games equal to BF right now and that should not be the case. BF1 was the last great reveal and killed it, it should still be the main game today. They were in such a hurry because the "community"(bunch of asses) kept crying everyday. DICE is an excellant dev. but they are derailed and really have no faith they can get it back on track, o well back Insurgency and HLL.
Hardline looked like a pizza shit, Battlefront MP-only sealed the deal, that Premium or Season Pass shit can go die in a fire anyways.

I love DICE for Battlefield and the beautiful Frostbite but man is EA a damper on gaming life.
I don't know what to do... might lift my 'ban' on EA for a worthy Battlefield.

Remove women form the game :messenger_tears_of_joy: . In all seriousness, just fucking make a war game based on history or fictional without inserting todays woke standards.

This is ridiculous, who cares if there is women. They just need to go modern and they will be good to go, enough WW2 and shit. BF4 is what they should shoot for.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I didn't play BFV, so I don't know if it's fixed, but playing BF 3, 4, One, I always found the UI clunky as hell compared to Call of Duty games and there's a 10x higher chance of the game freezing or party members getting bombed out or disconnecting from our group.

Call of Duty games are typically smooth sailing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom