• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BATTLEFIELD V Reveal set for the 23rd

So it appears that they are gonna do some soft censorship of the swastika in multiplayer just like last year’s cod

Last edited:

IceManCat

I was hoping we would see WW2 for next gen with advanced destructible environments and new gen technology. WW2 is my favorite war setting it's a shame the game will be held back technologically because of the weak console CPU's.

manfestival

I am on board for giving DICE my money again. Seems like battlefield games are the consistency I never felt I got from call of duty games. Despite issues around destructible terrain.

Hope it is WWII. I do want another modern BF (outside of BC) but it's too early for it seeing as it's only been one game since 4.

Dimorphic

I honestly think I’ve hit the point where I have franchise fatigue with Battlefield and COD.

Objectively BF1 was a great game and yet I had zero desire to play it. The same goes for COD WWII despite owning every single game in the series.

BFV will need to radically change its approach for me to be interested and really I know that isn’t going to happen.

Aaron Olive

I honestly think I’ve hit the point where I have franchise fatigue with Battlefield and COD.

Objectively BF1 was a great game and yet I had zero desire to play it. The same goes for COD WWII despite owning every single game in the series.

BFV will need to radically change its approach for me to be interested and really I know that isn’t going to happen.
Kinda feel the same, wish shooters would disappear for a while and come back with fresh, resilient ideas. RDR2, Spyro and Spiderman this fall it is then.

I would love a WW2 Battlefield game, but I don't trust Dice after Battlefront/BF1/Battlefront 2. I need to see some gameplay, some reviews and a detailed list of what content can I exactly expect in the game.

After BC2/BF3/BF4 I would have bought whatever they released. But now, I need to see the receipts first.

An alternate history 80s era conventional war between the US and the Soviet Union would make for a really cool game.
That sounds right up my alley!

Last edited:

xviper

i'm glad it's not Bad company 3, i don't want them to ruin that beautiful series

lets hope they fix BF1 mistake which was a huge lack of weapons

Codes 208

i'm glad it's not Bad company 3, i don't want them to ruin that beautiful series

lets hope they fix BF1 mistake which was a huge lack of weapons
Well tbf there were only so many ww1 era weapons they couldve used. If bf5 is modern era, the weapon pool will obviously be significantly higher

4K version of the teaser. damn it looks good. Glad it with MS that way we can see it sing on the X or PC
4k_snap.png

I'm ashamed I wasted this gen of Battlefield. I bought the premium version and played a lot of hours early on but never felt motivated to redownload it and try out all the new maps and weapons

ultrazilla

Would love if Dice included a full blown HD remaster of Battlefield 1942 or at least uses many of those classic maps and remaster them for Battlefield V like :
  • Battle of Midway.
  • Liberation of Caen.
  • Invasion of the Philippines.
  • Battle of Britain.
  • Wake Island
  • Iwo Jima.
  • Coral Sea.
  • Operation Aberdeen.
I'd also agree with Paul above and like to see Dice/EA "push" the multiplayer limits to 128 player servers ie; 64 vs 64 on larger maps. I'd also love to see the return of
controllable aircraft carriers where players can spawn on them and launch planes from them, the return of submarines, more intense dynamic weather and so on.

Angelsx

Neo Member
I will play any Battlefield game but I was hoping for modern settings after bf1.Now we have to wait till 2020 for modern battlefield game.

whyman

I wish they would go back to allowing a map creation tool, mods and having bots in the game. This is what made 1942 so amazing among other things. Taking that away was taking a way half the game.

manfestival

I had 0 desire to play BF1. Then a friend of mine convinced me to do the early access on my free trial of origin for 5 days. I ended up falling in the game more than the previous BF games. In fact I enjoyed it almost as much as BFBC2. I still play it here and there because I enjoy it so much.

I am willing to give BF5 a chance as long as it is more destructible than BF1 or even... BFBC2

ancelotti

Although I enjoyed BF1, the lack of variety really did impact the length of time I could enjoy the game. Looking at my hours played in Origin, I'll end up playing BF1 about a third less than BF4. I even tried going back one time, but the physics, textures, lighting, etc. were all lot worse than I remembered. The weapons however were still very enjoyable. I have mixed feelings about the setting. I understand modern conflict is difficult because of the current political climate, so we'll see what twist they have in store to keep us interested (hopefully something other than just Battle Royale). Regardless, mainline BF have consistently been amazing and I'm also excited to see what improvements they've made to the engine.

I hope it's a real visceral take on WW2 which properly does it justice, warts and all. The last COD game was a joke.

Also gimme some Spitfires!

Top Bottom