• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 |OT| The time has come, and so have Wii!

That's right. The 1st-3rd climax all have the same enemy encounters, so you might as well go with the hardest one. Plus you unlock both 3rd climax stuff and 2nd climax stuff so two birds with one stone.

Good to know. Usually always better to just jump into the fire and get acclimated.

Heh, then again, even though I felt comfortable with W101's systems fundamentally, trying to git gud at them left me completely burnt out. Hopefully, getting back into something more straight forward will help me give W101 another shot after this.

DO IT NAO!!!!!!

But you really need to buy more games for it. ZombiU, Rayman Legends, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, The Wonderful 101, Lego City Undercover, Mario Kart 8 and Super Mario 3D World are all great exclusives (yes, I know that Rayman Legends isn't exclusive but the gameplay using the GamePad to control Murfy makes it the definitive version so I'm counting it as an exclusive lol) that are well worth buying the console for imo.

Just don't play ZombiU alone and in the dark without any clean underwear handy to change into...that shit is scary lol

Yo you ain't kidding. I decided to play Zombi U last night when i got my wii u in. Played in the dark with 7.1 virtual surround headphones plugged into my TV since wii U doesn't have a optical slot. That shit is so god damn intense lol, the use of the gamepad is brilliant. Makes the whole experience even more insane.

Dicer

Banned
FUUUUUUU
My impulses took over.... ._.
06RskLx.jpg

Couple questions:
1) Is their a cheap place to buy a pro controller?
2) Does the digital version come with Bayo 1 as well?
3) Can I use external HDD's for the wiiU (Go all digital on my ps4 internal 1.5TB, would like to do the same here)

1. No but the Nyko controller is cheap and shockinggly decent ($25ish on amazon)

2. you can buy it separate digital is $50 for Bayo2 $10 for Bayo1 if you buy 2 first.

3. Yes either powered or y cable.

FUUUUUUU
My impulses took over.... ._.
06RskLx.jpg

Couple questions:
1) Is their a cheap place to buy a pro controller?
2) Does the digital version come with Bayo 1 as well?
3) Can I use external HDD's for the wiiU (Go all digital on my ps4 internal 1.5TB, would like to do the same here)

2. if you buy the digital copy of Bayo2, you'll technically get the digital copy of Bayo1 free.

Forgot how the price is spread out, but by the end of the transaction the total price for both will be $60

3. There's a specific type Nintendo recommends. I can't remember it offhand, but a Gaffer lost all his info for going against type. Get what Nintendo recommends!

Adaren

Was certain I saw this in an info thread months ago but saw no mention in the OP: Tag Climax is playable offline, right? I've been telling friends for months they can play with me locally with one person on the tv and one on the gamepad ala Hyrule Warriors.

At work so can't find the thread, but this was misinformation from a 3rd party. Looks online only. Still happy it exists, but I was eager for local co-op too. :|

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
huehuehuehue

Let's do it, GAF!

Can't play until tomorrow :(
Can't we start up a class action against USK or something? This is utter travesty.

weekev

Banned
bloody hell
I hate it so damn much. ruins every cover artwork, no matter if game or movie. get your act together germany!
man, I'm so pissed off
Yeah i dont really get why it needs to be that size. Every othercountry manages to come up with an age rating thiny ma bob that is more or less hidden in the corner. Germany is taking up a large portion of the box just to tell people that Bayonetta isnt for kids.

2. if you buy the digital copy of Bayo2, you'll technically get the digital copy of Bayo1 free.

Forgot how the price is spread out, but by the end of the transaction the total price for both will be $60

3. There's a specific type Nintendo recommends. I can't remember it offhand, but a Gaffer lost all his info for going against type. Get what Nintendo recommends!

Said Gaffer used a thumb/flash drive. Those are the only kind that are not recommended.

ChuckNyce

Cheapest place I can grab a pro controller?

I was impulsive and not fully paying attention and bought a knockoff last week for 20 bucks - right out the gate the ZL button didn't work :-( Don't be dumb like me, I just ordered an official one off of Amazon last night for $42. Should be here Friday.

Cuphead

Banned
I was impulsive and not fully paying attention and bought a knockoff last week for 20 bucks - right out the gate the ZL button didn't work :-( Don't be dumb like me, I just ordered an official one off of Amazon last night for $42. Should be here Friday.

Thanks for the heads up, Amazon it is!

bloody hell
I hate it so damn much. ruins every cover artwork, no matter if game or movie. get your act together germany!
man, I'm so pissed off

The Selbstkontrolle has always been a joke. My girlfriend lives in Germany and she had to import Saints Row The Third from the UK so we could play coop together, because the German version had been cut and was incompatible with the rest of the world for online play.

Defiled box art is just the cherry on top of the shit sundae. :p

fred

Welcome in the club.

Bayo pushing them sales. :p

Oh and, my copy isn't shipped...but my credit card got CHARGED!!! :D *itshappening.gif*

Won't get my copy from FutureShop tomorrow for sure, but I'll buy a second copy and return the other when I'll get it, I JUST CAN'T WAIT ANYMORE! >__<

Going to be interesting to see how the release of the game affects hardware sales. I've seen a good few people on various forums saying they're getting a Wii U for Bayonetta 2.

Anbec7

Hate to quote myself but just wondering if anyone can answer this for me:

It would be good for you to play the first one since you will be a little confused by some characters and how they got there and everything.

Besides Bayo 1 is an excellent taste of what you can expect, improved in the sequel.

Also are there more costumes thant the Cosplay ones in Bayo 2? Can someone answer me that?

Perfect timing.

Friday: I only have to work half time, only after lunch time. I will go to my work in the morning, take my Wii U with me and use the 100Mb connection to download the game.
Then, I work. 17:00 I'm going home and I just need to plug and play the entire weekend. Poor Alien will have to wait to kill me again for a while.

IKizzLE

Just bought a pro controller, 500 gb external and a y cable to power it for 100 bucks total. Will arrive next Thursday when my wiiu arrives. Gonna be great 100% both games over thanksgiving break.

Looks like this'll be the last weekend of me playing Destiny for awhile and thank god; I needed a reason to end thst addictive and abusive relationship.

Sidenote: does the wiiu version of smash have an exact release date yet?

ghibli99

I'm through Chapter V in the first Bayo, preparing myself for this. I don't think I'm going to finish before Bayo 2 lands tomorrow, which kinda sucks. LOL Great OT!

BBboy20

I haven't been this excited for a game since Metal Gear Solid 4 (or maybe Modern Warfare 2). Funny how two years have developed "into a long time coming" in the landscape of today's gaming.

I haven't been this excited for a game since Metal Gear Solid 4 (or maybe Modern Warfare 2). Funny how two years have developed "into a long time coming" in the landscape of today's gaming.

Bayonetta 2 has been rumoured heavily since 2011.

There was even a thread expecting its annoucement at a gaming event (edit: TGS 2011), which we got indirect comfirmation it got cancelled.

Here is the rumour thread.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=444490

Thanks guys. I mean it comes with it anyway so really it just boils down to putting in the time. Looks like I won't be playing B2 for a while but I'm sure I'll still enjoy B1.

I'm going to pre-order it after work tonight. Hopefully they still have some allocated. I'm afraid my store is going to get like 1 copy.

Anung

Un Rama
I hadn't touched my Wii U since Mario Kart so the dust was crazy and the update took an age. Worth the wait though.

Deepo

Wish they had released Bayonetta 1 a week ago, so I could have played through it in anticipation. Starting with that first thing tomorrow anyway.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Nah, Bayo 1 is pretty much a requirement.

Basically unless you have no intention of playing the first game and don't care about the story, but the first game is great and easy to acquire on the same system so I don't see why you'd want to skip it if you haven't already played it.

dreamfall

I'm still deciding whether or not I need to pick up a Pro Controller- I think I will need to...

Can't be playing this on the GamePad!

So I just went to mediamarkt to buy the 2+1 european version.

The single version was there but no 2+1. When I asked the clerk he told me it was only for preorders.
WTF?
It's not a limited edition.

Now im fucking sad I have to try zavvi or some shit and the game coming in 3 weeks.

Top Bottom