• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 Review Thread - Metacritic: one billion-hit combo, buy it kids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Devils 3rd has chance if it's polished to hell and back by Nintendo, as far as I heard the game is content complete, the fact we haven't been hearing from it implies to me that Nintendo knows it looks very rough. Hopefully it can get sorted out.

Honestly, I'd be surprised if Devil's Third didn't turn around dramatically by the time it's released. There's no way Nintendo would publish something so unpolished. It's Itagaki, so I want to believe the design is already there... hopefully, it's just a matter of cleaning things up now.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
wait, Nintendo is publishing Devil's Third? I missed the press release on that one.

Balb

Honestly, I'd be surprised if Devil's Third didn't turn around dramatically by the time it's released. There's no way Nintendo would publish something so unpolished. It's Itagaki, so I want to believe the design is already there... hopefully, it's just a matter of cleaning things up now.

It depends on how hands-on Nintendo is. They published Ninja Gaiden Razor's Edge as a Wii U launch game and that wasn't very good.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
It depends on how hands-on Nintendo is. They published Ninja Gaiden Razor's Edge as a Wii U launch game and that wasn't very good.

But that's mostly because the underlying design was garbage. They polished a turd, but it was still a turd.

Akiller

The biggest reason for me to want to play the Japanese dub at least once is that Dio Brando voices the Masked Lumen Sage.

ie9SGIj0KUmTu.gif

It all makes sense now.

Dude devil's third is basically a first party nintendo game now, who do you think owns it now? THQ? lol

I checked tradenmarkia and Valhalla owns the IP at least they seem to. Both their name and Nintendo's show up in the copyright on the title screen at E3 with Valhalla's being first.

I checked tradenmarkia and Valhalla owns the IP at least they seem to. Both their name and Nintendo's show up in the copyright on the title screen at E3 with Valhalla's being first.

Yeah, Valhalla owns the IP as rights got transferred to them when THQ when bankrupt. I imagine Nintendo has some degree of ownership over the game itself though similar to the Bayonetta 2 deal.

JDSN

Banned

Probably a similar arrangement to Bayo and Lego City, someone else owns the brand, but Nintendo owns the game.

I just took a peak at the
Chapter 11 Boss fight, the witch turning into the giant crab from a post on Youtube
....and....oh my....oh my....this game....this is game is fucking amazing!

Metal Gear Rising underated here? You're kidding right?

well I only hear about how ninja gaiden black, dmc3 and bayonetta 1 are the best action games ever, you hardly see MGSR get mentioned. It's the sequel to ninja gaiden black that I always wanted so far, and I'm only 2 hours in.

Uh, yes you can have system transfers between WiiU consoles? Did you update your firmware?

Isn't it "all or nothing?" From what I can tell, to get my saves off my profile on my friend's console (regardless of whether or not I tie my NNID to the profile), I'd also have to bring over his profile to the destination system as well, and then format the source system?

Gustaf89

Banned
I played the demo of the first and hated it. Since I have been hearing about how great platinum is here on neogaf, I just bought MGSR this game is amazing, way under rated here.

wait WHAT?, then why the heck, you always go on bayonetta 2 threads?! just to shit on the game?!

i was thinking that you were jealous of not getting bayo 2 on xbox or ps4, but you don't even like it?!

maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, now i see the world with different eyes

well I only hear about how ninja gaiden black, dmc3 and bayonetta 1 are the best action games ever, you hardly see MGSR get mentioned. It's the sequel to ninja gaiden black that I always wanted so far, and I'm only 2 hours in.

then you are half way through the game already, lol.

Astral Dog

wait WHAT?, then why the heck, you always go on bayonetta 2 threads?! just to shit on the game?!

i was thinking that you were jealous of not getting bayo 2 on xbox or ps4, but you don't even like it?!

maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, now i see the world with different eyes

then you are half way through the game already, lol.

He said something like Platinum are fools for making Bayonetta or something like that,it may not be his taste on gameplay mechanics or presentation but is still a great game.

Gustaf89

Banned
He said something like Platinum are fools for making Bayonetta or something like that,it may not be his taste on gameplay mechanics or presentation but is still a great game.

it is a great game, and he liking MGR:R only proves that he has a grudge on Nintendo

chadboban

I agree, it's fantastic. Really enjoyed it when I played the PC release earlier this year. The soundtrack is also amazing.

brainpann

Peeps, I'm starting to get a little itchy for Bayo 2. I'm on a blackout until I have it in my hands, but damn if its not tempting to just play the demo. I shouldn't even be in this thread, lol.

I can do this...

it is a great game, and he liking MGR:R only proves that he has a grudge on Nintendo

MGSR is more like ninja gaiden black which is by far my most loved action game of all time, bayonetta is more like the DMC series but unlike bayonetta, DMC has a cool character design, enemies and atmosphere, while bayonetta has one the worse in gaming imo of course, it really has nothing to with me having a grudge against nintendo.

Squishy3

Peeps, I'm starting to get a little itchy for Bayo 2. I'm on a blackout until I have it in my hands, but damn if its not tempting to just play the demo. I shouldn't even be in this thread, lol.

I can do this...
I can't wait for the week of Platinum to begin on Tuesday.

Gustaf89

Banned
MGSR is more like ninja gaiden black which is by far my most loved action game of all time, bayonetta is more like the DMC series but unlike bayonetta, DMC has a cool character design, enemies and atmosphere, while bayonetta has one the worse in gaming imo of course, it really has nothing to with me having a grudge against nintendo.

manyou played the demo, how you can know the "character design, enemies and atmosphere" of a entire game out of a demo?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Bayonetta artstyle is debatable and a matter of preference.

Also I dont see the comparison of MGR to NG.

manyou played the demo, how you can know the "character design, enemies and atmosphere" of a entire game out of a demo?

Talking about the main character, and the angels with shiny gold armor, and the enemies that look like statues, which from what i watched are the majority of the first
bayonetta enemies. the whole art style just looks horrible to me, but that's just my opinion and pretty sure sales will back me up on this, just like the first.

Bayonetta artstyle is debatable and a matter of preference.

Also I dont see the comparison of MGR to NG.

There both about being defensive, then being offensive, parrying reminded me of dodging enemies with perfect timing in ninja gaiden black, and of course it's about preference, i never said the game sucked, i just wish platinum would release more games with art style and character's that are more appealing to me, take MGSR, i feel like such a bad ass playing as raiden, and that fignt on the train, that's one of the most amazing shit i have seen in gaming, just bad ass.

Vazra

Talking about the main character, and the angels with shiny gold armor, and the enemies that look like statues, which from what i watched are the majority of the first
bayonetta enemies. the whole art style just looks horrible to me, but that's just my opinion and pretty sure sales will back me up on this, just like the first.

The first game sales wise did fine. It didnt set the world on fire but it didnt flop either. If you want to shit on the game at least get your facts correct.

The first game sales wise did fine. It didnt set the world on fire but it didnt flop either. If you want to shit on the game at least get your facts correct.

i consider it a flop for a game being called one of the greatest action game of alltime, it was in the bargain bin after a month, if it sold just fine sega wouldn't cancel it, or at the very least a publisher would have picked it up and released it on all the nextgen consoles.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Guys stop feeding the troll, seriously.

I'd say Bayonetta 1 flopped in the fact that it's one of the best games released for last gen, but Sega failed to properly show that it existed to the general public, when it's sales potential was larger than what it actually sold.

Hiltz

Platinum's president didn't think very highly of Bayonetta 1's sales back in 2013:

"I'd probably rate it as a C or even a D [in terms of sales]. I think there were a lot of issues with [Bayonetta] when it came out, the kind of marketing behind it."

"We obviously grew up being part of the domestic Japanese market - a lot of our staff spent time in domestic Japanese publishers, focused really on the domestic Japanese market. And now we're trying to expand and focus more outward and think about gamers worldwide. But when you think about what global success really means, that means we need to be selling more titles. Our games need to sell more copies." - Tatsuya Minami

Vazra

Guys stop feeding the troll, seriously.

I'd say Bayonetta 1 flopped in the fact that it's one of the best games released for last gen, but Sega failed to properly show that it existed to the general public, when it's sales potential was larger than what it actually sold.

Yeah not worth to waste time on him or her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom